BAPS response to UPN

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='10 June 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1276217321' post='2332431']
I didn't realise UPN had stated that they were going to use their top 20 for the fight. Please direct me to these statements so I can enhance my knowledge on the subject.
[/quote]
To be fair, UPN's top 10 are out of range of BAPS entirely, and so they at least are safe.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If BAPS want to everyone in their alliance to fight why not to do a 50 vs 50? I fail to see why BAPS is who can decide the rules of this duel, why not an agreement where both side agree with the rules?

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='10 June 2010 - 07:48 PM' timestamp='1276217321' post='2332431']
I didn't realise UPN had stated that they were going to use their top 20 for the fight. Please direct me to these statements so I can enhance my knowledge on the subject.
[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, do you also need a designated helper to walk around with you and tell you such things as: "The sky is blue." "Water makes things wet" and "Fire burns" ?

Honest question. I would like to enhance my knowledge on the subject.

Edited by RePePe

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='11 June 2010 - 01:49 AM' timestamp='1276217331' post='2332432']
UPN called them out do i need to go find it in the other thread then they tried to set it for minimal damage to themselves after the guantlet was thrown. So please instruct me on basic facts do try to keep up with things.
[/quote]
They called them out with EXPLICIT TERMS that are more complex than simply 'hurrr fight me hurrr durrr'. I will quote them again, so you do not have to go through the rigmarole of reading another thread.

"I would like to propose a small-scale engagement between an alliance that apparently has a lot of hatred to work through and a portion of UPN. ... A one-on-one interaction with even numbers that just might help create a different relation than the one that exists."

Gauntlet thrown, with very specific conditions. Conditions which BAPS rejected because they are all real warriors or whatever.

Edited by Aimee Mann

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='10 June 2010 - 06:48 PM' timestamp='1276217321' post='2332431']
[/quote]

Oh please. It is clear to anyone not being deliberately obtuse that UPN possesses an overwhelming advantage in the upper ranks. Whether or not they choose to take it, the challenge, as issued, grants them that advantage.

[quote name='Kryievla' date='11 June 2010 - 01:55 AM' timestamp='1276217717' post='2332448']
Oh please. It is clear to anyone not being deliberately obtuse that UPN possesses an overwhelming advantage in the upper ranks. Whether or not they choose to take it, the challenge, as issued, grants them that advantage.
[/quote]
I don't deny that they have that advantage, but as you say, we don't know whether they were going to use it or not. In my opinion they wouldn't have used it because as you say, there would be no pride in winning with such odds, but that's purely speculation.

I guess those details would've been hashed out prior to the duel beginning, if only BAPS had accepted.

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' date='10 June 2010 - 11:36 PM' timestamp='1276205800' post='2332121']
A duel is not a rash challenge.
Your terms, however, are. Your terms are for a war. Nowhere, in anything I said yesterday or today, will you find any mention of war. DUEL.
Your response is over the top and likely written that way knowing it would not be accepted because it wasn't even close to the original proposal's terms.
[/quote]

Well, that's a theory easily tested. Basically you're saying that BAPS doesn't want to fight you and they propose this knowing you won't accept. You could accept if you are right they have a big problem and probably try to weasel their way out.

But then a much more likely theory is that you are trying to get out of this because your earlier statement that you don't want to destroy baps is something you can't follow up on.

[quote name='Alterego' date='11 June 2010 - 12:16 AM' timestamp='1276208160' post='2332192']
I think its more a case of wanting to see us both burn.
[/quote]

No no, it's research. Xiph want's to know if infra is bigger then honor as well as friends.

Anyway, in the unlikely event UPN accepts, good luck BAPS (not that you need it) may your nukes be accurate.

[quote]No no, it's research. Xiph want's to know if infra is bigger then honor as well as friends.[/quote]

Actually no I really do want to see them burn.

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/MAR-Peeves/vitter.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Imperial' date='10 June 2010 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1276215411' post='2332389']
Nothing reaffirms the death of Purple Unity more than this proposal of all out nuclear war between our two allies.
[/quote]

indeed

This is probably the most shameful thing to see as an ex-purple member during the "good ole days" of Purple Unity.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='10 June 2010 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1276218910' post='2332484']
Wow. I'm happy to see NSO has had such an effect on the world. I can only hope both parties have the courage to ensure I am not disappointed.
[/quote]

World unity at last. That said, I'm pretty sure BAPS has put the ball firmly in UPN's court.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='10 June 2010 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1276219026' post='2332492']
World unity at last. That said, I'm pretty sure BAPS has put the ball firmly in UPN's court.
[/quote]

Would you like to join me for a drink as we watch this play out?

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='10 June 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1276218910' post='2332484']
Wow. I'm happy to see NSO has had such an effect on the world. I can only hope both parties have the courage to ensure I am not disappointed.
[/quote]

The duel challenges NSO have issued in the past are rather [i]un[/i]like the one being put forth by BAPS here. I echo your hope though; I would like to see this fight happen.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='10 June 2010 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1276219154' post='2332497']
Would you like to join me for a drink as we watch this play out?
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm down. Suss silence from everyone involved though. I wonder what MDP Legion's gonna ignore this time.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='10 June 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1276219158' post='2332498']
The duel challenges NSO have issued in the past are rather [i]un[/i]like the one being put forth by BAPS here. I echo your hope though; I would like to see this fight happen.
[/quote]

You're absolutely right. This one hasn't been weaseled out of yet.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='11 June 2010 - 03:17 AM' timestamp='1276219026' post='2332492']
[/quote]

Well at least they have 1 then.. Now find the otherone and get this thing started!

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='10 June 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1276219307' post='2332504']
You're absolutely right. This one hasn't been weaseled out of yet.
[/quote]

I was referring to the fact that NSO's duel challenges were always full of wimpy conditions and clauses (no nukes, no navy, etc), which is quite different from BAPS' challenge here.

But let's not argue here, this thread is about laughing at purple. :awesome:

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='10 June 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1276219246' post='2332502']
Yeah, I'm down. Suss silence from everyone involved though. I wonder what MDP Legion's gonna ignore this time.
[/quote]

Its nice to know nobody reads the OPs anymore.

[quote]5. No treaties triggered[/quote]

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='10 June 2010 - 09:25 PM' timestamp='1276219525' post='2332508']
I was referring to the fact that NSO's duel challenges were always full of [b]wimpy conditions[/b] and clauses (no nukes, no navy, etc), which is quite different from BAPS' challenge here.
[/quote]

So that would make those who declined/backed out... Ah. Right. Wimpy.