BAPS response to UPN

Woohoo, congrats BAPS, you gave an opportunity for the UPN haters to rise!!!

So far, all I see is, UPN offers a private duel, BAPS wants war. They both reject each offer, and now we are at a stalemate.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dexomega' date='11 June 2010 - 01:01 AM' timestamp='1276232448' post='2332889']
It was bad form for BAPS to post this without properly consulting Peggy first.[/quote]
You know, Peggy didn't consult BAPS before making the original offer.

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' date='10 June 2010 - 11:36 PM' timestamp='1276227365' post='2332743']
Will the simple fact that more would post here if it weren't such a realm of "Lord of the Flies" types ever make it into your collective consciousness?
[/quote]

OOC: You know this is a nation simulator game right? Please examine history and tell me what part of that doesn't strike you as akin to "Lord of the Flies". In the famous words of Thomas Hobbes life in an anarchic realm (aka international politics, aka OWF) was full of "continual fear, and danger of violent death; and the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short."

[quote name='ahough' date='11 June 2010 - 12:32 AM' timestamp='1276230714' post='2332840']
I think a duel between UPN and BAPS would be interesting but... having two alliances face it off in the same color sphere seems pretty stupid. Basically we weaken each other up and let other alliances come in and clean us up. Likelihood of something like that happening? Not likely... but it leaves it out there for potential attack. It's like waving a juicy steak in front of a bear. How hungry Is that bear?... We won't know till he finishes the steak and were out of food. :ehm:
[/quote]

The damage this "duel" would do to the Purple sphere pales in comparison to UPN's decision to pull out of P.E.A.C.E. Your sphere is not nearly as unified as it once was, and you have no one to blame but your own alliance.

Basically BAPS have offered a full out war for 30 days which would destroy both alliances. Nice. Why don't all your members just sell 75% of your infra, 50% of your tech and go into self anarchy?

Same effect as what BAPS are attempting to do but without raising the GRL.

Edited by Lukcia

[quote name='Lukcia' date='11 June 2010 - 08:26 AM' timestamp='1276237578' post='2332996']
Basically BAPS have offered a full out war for 30 days which would destroy both alliances. Nice. Why don't all your members just sell 75% of your infra, 50% of your tech and go into self anarchy?

Same effect as what BAPS are attempting to do but without raising the GRL.
[/quote]
Where's the fun in that?

(not to mention the cathartic effect)

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='11 June 2010 - 12:45 AM' timestamp='1276235121' post='2332938']The damage this "duel" would do to the Purple sphere pales in comparison to UPN's decision to pull out of P.E.A.C.E. Your sphere is not nearly as unified as it once was, and you have no one to blame but your own alliance.
[/quote]
Sounds like Purple should just turn into a bunch of cannibals and murder each other over disagreements then. I mean, withdrawing from a bloc destroys unity beyond reason right?

[quote name='Stealthkill' date='10 June 2010 - 06:29 PM' timestamp='1276212541' post='2332319']
o/ BAPS

Calling out the infra huggers' bluff like a boss!
[/quote]

Hey fella, why haven't deleted all of your infra yet?

Damned infra-huggers like you are ruining this world.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='11 June 2010 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1276232659' post='2332893']
You know, Peggy didn't consult BAPS before making the original offer.
[/quote]

The offer where she said "take it or leave it, lol?"

Right. If I had better instrumentation I could get a more precise reading on the retardedness of this thread. All I can say for now is that it's between 10 and 20 times normal.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='11 June 2010 - 11:00 AM' timestamp='1276246811' post='2333077']
Hey fella, why haven't deleted all of your infra yet?

Damned infra-huggers like you are ruining this world.
[/quote]

haha!!!! :D

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' date='11 June 2010 - 04:57 AM' timestamp='1276225034' post='2332666']

To paraphrase a few comments UPN got from BAPS there:
[b]One of you invited us to move to Pink.[/b]

BAPS, you never offered the first handshake of at least trying to build a relation.
[b]Now you show that you've not much concern for the health of purple.[/b]

[/quote]

Well one of them showed to care about purple health XD

[quote name='We Are Not Alone' date='11 June 2010 - 05:43 AM' timestamp='1276227810' post='2332757']
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s <----- this song sums up my feelings about this matter.
[/quote]

"We're not afraid", good so you guys are gonna accept?

[quote name='ahough' date='11 June 2010 - 06:32 AM' timestamp='1276230714' post='2332840']
I think a duel between UPN and BAPS would be interesting but... having two alliances face it off in the same color sphere seems pretty stupid. Basically we weaken each other up and let other alliances come in and clean us up. Likelihood of something like that happening? Not likely... but it leaves it out there for potential attack. It's like waving a juicy steak in front of a bear. How hungry Is that bear?... We won't know till he finishes the steak and were out of food. :ehm:
[/quote]

That won't happen, you stand by your allies and they will protect you when you are in a weakened state... oh wait, nevermind.

[quote name='Infidel Israeli' date='11 June 2010 - 06:39 AM' timestamp='1276231129' post='2332851']
Because I want my 5 star environment back :P
[/quote]

Already got there, it's overrated really :awesome:

Edited by EgoFreaky

This thread is purple at it's absolute finest. Please never change guys.

Normally I'm opposed to alliances duels. I think they are a waste of time and make the alliances involved in them look foolish. But after reading through this thread I don't think we have to worry about UPN or BAPs looking any sillier. So lets get it on.

[quote name='Dexomega' date='11 June 2010 - 02:47 AM' timestamp='1276238807' post='2333014']
Sounds like Purple should just turn into a bunch of cannibals and murder each other over disagreements then.[/quote]

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/95/Heyes.jpg[/img]

[i]I prefer my Purple with some fava beans and a nice chianti.[/i]

[quote]I mean, withdrawing from a bloc destroys unity beyond reason right?[/quote]

The largest alliance on a Team leaves a bloc that was supposed to ensure to least some semblance of Team unity. That doesn't exactly make that Team more united, does it?

UPN made a choice during the most recent major hostilities. That choice involved helping Purple alliances vs. hiding behind a claim of conflicting treaties. They chose the latter.

Again...exactly where is the team unity?

That UPN would complain about getting the cold shoulder from the rest of Purple is therefor laughable. That they would try calling out BAPS for a "friendly joust" then place tons of conditions on it is even more laughable. I smell sit-com. <_<

Before anything is done, I want to see Stumpy weigh in on this.

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='10 June 2010 - 05:34 PM' timestamp='1276205678' post='2332118']
F this, both of you just go ahead and attack CnG now. :P
[/quote]
yes please

[quote name='hizzy' date='10 June 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1276207370' post='2332164']
[b]not accept[/b]

but seriously though, don't ruin my environment. why don't you both just sell a bunch of infra and call it a day?
[/quote]
They should send out tech too, just to simulate that loss too.

[quote name='Lusitan' date='10 June 2010 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1276211187' post='2332287']
Truth to be said, they are yet to honour one with an ally put in a disadvantageous position. Last war they didn't exactly have the opportunity.
[/quote]
In their defense, ODN was ready to roll in Blue Balls but you guys just couldn't quite give them a chance.

[quote name='chefjoe' date='10 June 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1276216163' post='2332403']
So you are saying that when UPN(the bigger party here) offered to fight BAPS but only if BAPS tied one hand behind their back while doing so, and BAPS saying hell no we fight with everything we have if were going to fight, and then UPN saying ummmm no thanks then guys.....is undrstandable and something OK? :blink:
[/quote]
No, this is more like UPN challenging BAPS to an arm wrestling contest then BAPS saying anything less than a gunfight is cowardice.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='11 June 2010 - 05:06 AM' timestamp='1276247145' post='2333082']
The offer where she said "take it or leave it, lol?"
[/quote]
Yes. She did.

The key disagreement here, for those not following, is that UPN wants to insist on keeping its inactives safe.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='10 June 2010 - 09:49 PM' timestamp='1276220940' post='2332533']
Excuse me while I no longer take you seriously.
[/quote]

Oh don't worry. CSN hasn't taken you seriously since we abused and beat your alliance like a red-headed stepchild and left your leader sobbing in the corner writing his resignation letter.

[quote name='Penkala' date='11 June 2010 - 10:22 AM' timestamp='1276266125' post='2333232']
Oh don't worry. CSN hasn't taken you seriously since we abused and beat your alliance like a red-headed stepchild and left your leader sobbing in the corner writing his resignation letter.
[/quote]

Claiming YOU "abused and beat" my alliance is quite a stretch. We both know you're FARK's young cousin.

Edited by Wad of Lint

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='11 June 2010 - 09:43 AM' timestamp='1276263812' post='2333202']
The largest alliance on a Team leaves a bloc that was supposed to ensure to least some semblance of Team unity. That doesn't exactly make that Team more united, does it?

UPN made a choice during the most recent major hostilities. That choice involved helping Purple alliances vs. hiding behind a claim of conflicting treaties. They chose the latter.

Again...exactly where is the team unity?

That UPN would complain about getting the cold shoulder from the rest of Purple is therefor laughable. That they would try calling out BAPS for a "friendly joust" then place tons of conditions on it is even more laughable. I smell sit-com. <_<
[/quote]

One more reason to remember how dumb the concept of 'color unity blocs' are for anything but free trade and maybe senators. You have people uniting based on nothing other than convenience and their colors to obligate themselves to defend each other. Makes such little sense. Shouldn't you be making bloc treaties based on shared politics and friendship, and not something as trivial as color?

If UPN doesn't share your politics, shouldn't you be glad that they left the bloc instead of making the next war very interesting when you see the bloc splinter entirely behind people in it going two different ways?

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='11 June 2010 - 10:30 AM' timestamp='1276266618' post='2333235']
Claiming YOU "abused and beat" my alliance is quite a stretch. We both know you're FARK's young cousin.
[/quote]

P. sure my fellow alliance mates and I took your members out behind the shed and beat the living daylights out of them, but that's not what this topic is about. This topic is about the absolute hilarity that is purple, and the hope that they may destroy each other.

Edited by Penkala