BAPS response to UPN

[quote]You wondered how many UPN'ers it would take to screw in a light bulb. [/quote]

Now I'm wondering how many need to drop their pants before we find the first set of balls tbh.

[quote]To the world at large: No, there will be no full scale war. No, there will be no duel[/quote]

Also, shocking.

Edited by Xiphosis

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='James Saams' date='10 June 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1276225650' post='2332700']
Can I borrow your spine? I need some jell-o for my party later.
[/quote]
It was fully and clearly implied in Peggy's post that it was not going to be an alliance-wide war. BAPS has, like it or no, cleverly devised a way to my UPN look like wimps in a war that would get neither alliance [s]no[/s] anywhere. After Unjust and Karma we don't need any more useless wars. If you want to dispute that claim, talk to me later.

If UPN is given a set of rules that they do not agree on, so be it. This thread may die now, it's getting us no where with you arrogant war-mongers jumping on a UPN hate bandwagon. You look like a bunch of children.

[i]EDIT: You try catching Pertussis and staying sane. At least I'm not having to defend myself by exploiting a grammar mistake.[/i]

Edited by Dexomega

[quote name='Dexomega' date='10 June 2010 - 11:22 PM' timestamp='1276226528' post='2332725']
BAPS has, like it or no, cleverly devised a way to my UPN look like wimps in a war that would get neither alliance no where.
[/quote]
Double check your grammar next time. Getting neither alliance no where is a double negative, so really someone would be getting somewhere. My guess is that would be UPN getting lower in the food chain. Granted that's not a good somewhere(well, not good for UPN, I think it's quite lulzy tbh) it's still getting them somewhere.

The world could be a more interesting interactive place if the OWF weren't dominated by folks that get so ... well... OK.
Sometimes I wonder if there are more than a dozen people with actual reading comprehension here.
Other times I wonder why it is so easy to change history in people's minds by just repeating the same untruth over and over again.
Times like today I have to wonder why we all allowed the OWF to turn to a place that is such a mess. Why did so many decide to avoid it entirely rather than attempt to improve it?

Just take a look through here, quickly, and you'll see it is a thread that had a purpose that ended up getting swamped in the rush to make I Hate You Posts.
The next time I see an "I'm Bored" post I'll literally laugh.

Will the simple fact that more would post here if it weren't such a realm of "Lord of the Flies" types ever make it into your collective consciousness?

[quote name='Dexomega' date='10 June 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1276226528' post='2332725']
It was fully and clearly implied in Peggy's post that it was not going to be an alliance-wide war. BAPS has, like it or no, cleverly devised a way to my UPN look like wimps in a war that would get neither alliance [s]no[/s] anywhere. After Unjust and Karma we don't need any more useless wars. If you want to dispute that claim, talk to me later.

If UPN is given a set of rules that they do not agree on, so be it. This thread may die now, it's getting us no where with you arrogant war-mongers jumping on a UPN hate bandwagon. You look like a bunch of children.

[i]EDIT: You try catching Pertussis and staying sane. At least I'm not having to defend myself by exploiting a grammar mistake.[/i]
[/quote]
Wait, you consider Karma and this last war to have been useless?

[quote name='Goose' date='10 June 2010 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1276227484' post='2332747']
Wait, you consider Karma and this last war to have been useless?
[/quote]
I have very clear feelings on Karma, most of which I am uncomfortable sharing in OWF for fear of persecution by 90% of the people here. Like I said, talk to me on IRC or PM and I'll attempt to explain why.

Edited by Dexomega

[quote]Other times I wonder why it is so easy to change history in people's minds by just repeating the same untruth over and over again.[/quote]

I dunno but you sure seem to be working hard on cracking that mystery. Keep it goin'

Oh wow, this turned out better than I could have expected. UPN, I personally would have kept what respect I already had for you had you immediately accepted the terms that BAPS offered. This attempt to save your skin/infraz while playing it off as "not wanting to destroy BAPS" (as stated by Peggy_Sue) is hilarious. Both alliances, enjoy whatever happens. You two are made for each other.

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' date='10 June 2010 - 08:57 PM' timestamp='1276225034' post='2332666']
As Atlashill pointed out pages ago a full war between the two alliances including nukes would be bad for purple. BAPS, you are leading the only purple bloc, and you are offering, in place of a duel, a nuclear winter for all of us.
[/quote]

Now see, I can see the nuclear objection, it may not quite be the mutually assured destruction that one expects from nukes flying, but it sure as heck does seem hard to call either side a 'winner'.

But you didn't say you objected to nukes. You said you objected to a full alliance war (which really, makes the whole thing pointless, anybody can organize 5% of their alliance in a war, the question is if you can get more), and you objected to it lasting more than a week (again, anybody can get warchests to last a week) So, a question: [b]Would you accept the terms BAPS presented if amended for no nuclear attacks?[/b]

I think a duel between UPN and BAPS would be interesting but... having two alliances face it off in the same color sphere seems pretty stupid. Basically we weaken each other up and let other alliances come in and clean us up. Likelihood of something like that happening? Not likely... but it leaves it out there for potential attack. It's like waving a juicy steak in front of a bear. How hungry Is that bear?... We won't know till he finishes the steak and were out of food. :ehm:

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='11 June 2010 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1276230648' post='2332838']
No AirMe, this is wrong. You get an F. See me after class.
[/quote]

I teach the class.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='10 June 2010 - 08:14 PM' timestamp='1276226051' post='2332709']
Hey UPN, the best way to make them like you again is to utterly ruin BAPS to prove you have a spine. I say do it. Then I can collect my thousands of tech.
[/quote]
I am going to take my leave of this world if you win this bet and the (ooc)World Cup(/ooc) bet.

I for one, had to find out this ridiculous news from a member of another alliance.
The whole !@#$@#$ thing wreaks of boredom and childishness.
This is very poor form from the UPN government.
It also shows a poor disregard for the UPN membership.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='10 June 2010 - 05:25 PM' timestamp='1276208738' post='2332209']
Why are people all in a huff about GRL when BAPS has only like 200 nukes?
[/quote]

Because I want my 5 star environment back :P

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='10 June 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1276226051' post='2332709']
Hey UPN, the best way to make them like you again is to utterly ruin BAPS to prove you have a spine. I say do it. Then I can collect my thousands of tech.
[/quote]
Oh the chance to collect some babyjesus tech..i may be tempted if UPN ever grows a backbone

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' date='10 June 2010 - 07:57 PM' timestamp='1276225034' post='2332666']
lots of words
[/quote]

I am honestly suprised you were able to speak all those words past the foot that is still jammed in your mouth peggy :P

This would be an interesting experiment to see if it's possible for the two alliance to battle without assistance from the outside. I think BAPS has a case of small man syndrome and UPN is smart enough to know that. Regardless if these two alliances want to wipe each other out, I'd welcome the fireworks show.

Edited by Muddog

[quote name='Steel Panther' date='10 June 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1276231097' post='2332849']
I for one, had to find out this ridiculous news from a member of another alliance.
The whole !@#$@#$ thing wreaks of boredom and childishness.
This is very poor form from the UPN government.
It also shows a poor disregard for the UPN membership.
[/quote]
It was bad form for BAPS to post this without properly consulting Peggy first. Peggy stated that UPN wouldn't be participating in these on an alliance-wide scale.

Everything about this thread reeks of attention-grabbing.

Edited by Dexomega