The Easter Sunday Accords

[quote name='Chalaskan' date='07 April 2010 - 12:46 AM' timestamp='1270615586' post='2251319']
<snip>
[/quote]
Calling Grub a traitor..

Ugh.

You have absolutely no right.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' date='07 April 2010 - 07:23 AM' timestamp='1270639384' post='2251528']
What's stopping 'merges' of IRON's allies with a no re-entry clause into IRON? :awesome:
[/quote]
I declared citing the Moldavi doctrine with a Citadel reformed after CnG peaced out and mentioned it as a separate war in my declaration. Nothing that results from that could be seen as re-entry as that can't be stretched to cover the war that peaced out previously.

Yes but it would also have the possible issue of Grämlins treaty partners/friends with basically hidden treaties deciding to declare war on you as it's an aggressive action in an entirely new war... They might struggle to justify re-entering this war that they've already peaced out on, leaving Grämlins behind, just because IRON is suddenly a whole lot bigger then before ^_^

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' date='07 April 2010 - 07:37 AM' timestamp='1270640213' post='2251533']
Yes but it would also have the possible issue of Grämlins treaty partners/friends with basically hidden treaties deciding to declare war on you as it's an aggressive action in an entirely new war... They might struggle to justify re-entering this war that they've already peaced out on, leaving Grämlins behind, just because IRON is suddenly a whole lot bigger then before ^_^
[/quote]
I was already ZIed, didn't take long to build up to here from nothing, it would just earn those declaring on me a share of daily nukes I'll unleash if Gremlins continue the war.

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' date='07 April 2010 - 07:55 AM' timestamp='1270641288' post='2251541']
Oh I don't doubt that your alliance is indifferent to it, just thinking along the lines of if they really wanted to beat Grämlins, not being countered is better than facing counter declarations.
[/quote]
I'm sure if anyone drags war beyond getting Gremlins to peace IRON out their allies would move in, but right now it seems many of them are just as frustrated as anyone else about their refusal to peace IRON and DAWN out.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Chalaskan' date='06 April 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1270615586' post='2251319']
Are you serious? Honestly, he didn't disband them, but he left the DAY they disbanded and joined those that were responsible for disbanding the alliance he was a leader of!! Tell me what does that say about character? The only facts I changed was MOD to Leader which only fits my agenda better lmao.

If I was SGC and joined MK yesterday, how would that look to you?! Yeah, he was MOD when you were the leader of NAAC and Diablo was leaving you to go to FAN. You didn't seem to think I was stupid then...although I open myself up to subjection here. Regardless at the time you and many others were very intent on my help. Gimme a break Airme.

As to Grub not trusting him since day 1, who was it that couped him? Oh snap.

*edit for stupidity.*

Rather it points to the fact that I say things how I see them. measuring me IC is really just ignorant. My, how tables are turned...

Quoted below but edited the parts I regret saying...
[/quote]

Polaris is far from responsible for NAAC's disbandment. as for Grub couping ES... you have no idea the true story as can be shown by you stating Grub couped ES. in fact, there were two people that were temp Emperors between ES and Grub, but you can continue attempting to blame Grub for being the root of all your woes here on Planet Bob.

ooc: you realize this is an IC area of the game and thus all we technically have to measure you on is your IC ignorance which is well just a huge amount.

[quote name='Supertwigs' date='07 April 2010 - 12:36 AM' timestamp='1270618543' post='2251366']
You're making the exact same arguments we are. We're arguing proportionality, whereas you argue time.
You've provided NO "evidence" as to why time is any better a gauge for reparations than proportionality, whereas there's a logical argument in that damage done during war should reflect the reparations paid.
[/quote]

so basically if you have two alliances- Alliance A is 500 members with 800k tech at the end of the war and Alliance B is 100 members with 400k tech at the end of the war.

Alliance A has to pay 400k tech or around 50% of their total and has 2 months to pay it off (8000 aid slots needed with 9k aid slots available). This alliance also has 500 members to handle 400k tech or about 800 tech per member.

Alliance B has to pay 200k tech or around 50% of their total and has to take at least 3 months to pay it off (4k aid slots needed with only 1800 available). This alliance on the other hand only has 100 members which means 2k tech per member.

this is why proportionality is useless. both percentages is 50% of their total tech available so according to you, both are equal. yet, Alliance B is far more burdened by their reps than Alliance A.

the way to truly tell if reps are harsh is many factors. there is no simple 1 factor measurement. Proportionality, alliance size, length of terms, time to pay off reps (not always the same as length of terms), and i am sure there are other factors i can't think of at the moment. but seriously, there is no way you can truly measure whether terms are light (unless white peace) or harsh without looking at several factors.

for example:

Alliance C- 30 members, 100k tech at end of war. 28 members are bill locked. 2 members are trying to send out aid to get the other members out of bill lock. terms for Alliance C are 15k direct Tech (300 aid slots needed, 540 slots available) and 15k indirect tech. (150 aid slots needed, 240 slots available)

This does seem like light terms. only 15% of total tech. but what about the fact that most of the alliance is in bill lock and this uses all but 90 of their slots for the month. then we have to go to how long said alliance has to pay off the terms as well as when they have to begin. if the victors want the reps to start immediately and take only a month, then frankly, that is harsh. if the victors allow for the alliance to get their members out of bill lock before beginning reps, then most likely it is light terms.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='07 April 2010 - 11:50 AM' timestamp='1270637438' post='2251521']
Calling Grub a traitor..

Ugh.

[/quote]

Grub gave a whole new meaning to the word traitor. I don't think on Planet Bob anyone had made it in series like he did or at least even close to the way he did it. Scum is what Grub is. Or the greatest incompetent I have ever seen, I am yet to decide.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='04 April 2010 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1270439835' post='2248379']
All hail the invincible armies of the Mushroom Kingdom and its dear comrade and brilliant strategist Generalissimo Archon, twenty-eight thousand times victorious against the criminal imperialist oppressors!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCEse11uD0A
[/quote]
Invincible armies????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
TOP rolled you guys even while getting hammered by a buttload of sizable alliances
MK should be ashamed, Just saying :)

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='07 April 2010 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1270649711' post='2251607']
TOP rolled you guys even while getting hammered by a buttload of sizable alliances
[/quote]
So speaks a battle hardened warrior, we must all bow to your obvious illustrious history on the field of battle :rolleyes:

Considering your nation dates back to 2006, you should really have seen more action before lambasting others for lacklustre performance in war.

A Gangstaz Nation should be ashamed, Just saying :)

[quote name='Lusitan' date='07 April 2010 - 09:56 AM' timestamp='1270648553' post='2251591']
Grub gave a whole new meaning to the word traitor. I don't think on Planet Bob anyone had made it in series like he did or at least even close to the way he did it. Scum is what Grub is. Or the greatest incompetent I have ever seen, I am yet to decide.
[/quote]
It definitley goes down as one of the biggest WTF moments on CN. I wouldn't say incompetent though, he managed to orchestrate one of the most destructive wars in CN, and cover his alliances $@! as they wormed their way off of the losing side to the winners circle. If anything I'd say that Grub is not incompetent but very crafty. He won't make many friends with his policies but he's more worried about his alliance than his allies.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='07 April 2010 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1270649711' post='2251607']
[/quote]

you dont even make any sense brah. i heard having dedicated allies who help you when some lunatic randomly attacks you is a good thing.

[quote name='Venizelos' date='07 April 2010 - 10:29 AM' timestamp='1270650559' post='2251621']
you dont even make any sense brah. i heard having dedicated allies who help you when some lunatic randomly attacks you is a good thing.
[/quote]
LMAO, Can't say that I dont partially agree but it goes deeper than that

[quote name='Cataduanes' date='07 April 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1270650348' post='2251615']
So speaks a battle hardened warrior, we must all bow to your obvious illustrious history on the field of battle :rolleyes:

Considering your nation dates back to 2006, you should really have seen more action before lambasting others for lacklustre performance in war.

[/quote]

327,550 Casualties is a lot of casualties dude :lol1::lol1::lol1:

[quote name='AirMe' date='06 April 2010 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1270564259' post='2250337']
I love how you revise history and ignore the facts to fit your agenda.

Grub led the NAAC when they disbanded. And it was the memberships doing, not Grubs. The Protector didn't have the power to disband the alliance. And in regards to the NpO, he worked his way up from a grunt to emperor. Sponge didn't even trust him at the start. What have you done? Grub accomplished more in his first 3 hours in the world than you have your entire life here. Might not always agree with him or his actions but you can't blame a guy for trying.

Give it up Chalaskan. If you used your brain occasionally you would realize the truth sometimes.
[/quote]
Nice insults, buddy. Maybe, it didn't occur to you that Chal doesn't have the time to help run, and crash it into the ground. I don't see why you would compare Chal's accomplishments to Grub's, and then judging Chal off of them.

Airme, you should know there is no truth, just a different perspective of said truth. That's Chal's

[quote name='Venizelos' date='07 April 2010 - 05:03 AM' timestamp='1270630979' post='2251476']
Grämlins problems are Grämlins problems. since all sides are satisfied, all this whining and speculation about them makes no sense.
[/quote]
Sort of like this post, amirite?

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='07 April 2010 - 06:50 AM' timestamp='1270637438' post='2251521']
Calling Grub a traitor..

Ugh.

[/quote]
Can you say that with a straight face anymore?

Edited by Believland

[quote name='Cataduanes' date='07 April 2010 - 10:26 AM' timestamp='1270650348' post='2251615']

[/quote]
Oh yes!!, You are absolutley right, Sure just because my nation doesn't have a high casualty rate means I must be a horrible fighter. Sure we aren't going to take in account that my alliance hasn't stupidly got itself involved in every major war in CN, Or that every war I've been in Ive won, Or that I know how to wage war effectively so I don't take as many casualties as some people do. Sure none of those factors account for my low casualty rate.

Hey everyone, By Imperial Decree of Cataduanes your nation must live in shame if your casualty rate isn't ridiculously high. You do not have a voice on CN as of now. It is a sin to have an old nation with a low casualty rate!

It is also now permitted to take a thread off topic by making things personal now also! Protect your nation links people!

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='07 April 2010 - 09:39 AM' timestamp='1270651142' post='2251629']
Oh yes!!, You are absolutley right, Sure just because my nation doesn't have a high casualty rate means I must be a horrible fighter. Sure we aren't going to take in account that my alliance hasn't stupidly got itself involved in every major war in CN, Or that every war I've been in Ive won, Or that I know how to wage war effectively so I don't take as many casualties as some people do. Sure none of those factors account for my low casualty rate.

Hey everyone, By Imperial Decree of Cataduanes your nation must live in shame if your casualty rate isn't ridiculously high. You do not have a voice on CN as of now. It is a sin to have an old nation with a low casualty rate!

It is also now permitted to take a thread off topic by making things personal now also! Protect your nation links people!
[/quote]
I've seen overreactions, and I've seen missing the point of a post. But this... this is something special right here.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='07 April 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1270651142' post='2251629']

[/quote]
Seems i struck a nerve :P

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='07 April 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1270651142' post='2251629']

[/quote]

This post indicates to me you probably don't know much about war. AMIRITE? :ehm:

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='07 April 2010 - 10:39 AM' timestamp='1270651142' post='2251629']

[/quote]
5 days worth of nukes at the beginning of the TOP war earned me more casualties than you've ever had. That doesn't count the actual battle casualties. Have you ever actually fought a nuclear war?

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='07 April 2010 - 09:30 AM' timestamp='1270647002' post='2251578']
Polaris is far from responsible for NAAC's disbandment. as for Grub couping ES... you have no idea the true story as can be shown by you stating Grub couped ES. in fact, there were two people that were temp Emperors between ES and Grub, but you can continue attempting to blame Grub for being the root of all your woes here on Planet Bob.
[/quote]

[url="http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/index.php?showtopic=64609"]Wasn't the whole NAAC thing thrashed out a long time ago?[/url]

As for Electron Sponge's removal from power, not that it matters now either, but I've read Polaris' charter and at best you could call the whole shuffling of "temp Emperors" to be a legal fig leaf at best. Let's also not kid ourselves, it was done to avoid war on July 5, 2008 and in fact it delayed what would eventually become GW V: The War of the Coalition, but didn't prevent it.

So while it is improper to say that "Grub couped Sponge", Sponge's removal from office (short of some time/date stamped resignation document with ES's signature on it that doesn't exist) was not technically legal either. It was however a practical response to being very clearly outgunned and overmatched.

edit: grammar gets you every time

Edited by ChairmanHal