The End

Iotupa

I would be happier to see GGA using their time to create internal policies to strengthen their alliance and actually help green, instead of what really amounts to wasting their time on (partially) redundant foreign policies that really do not strengthen the sphere or their alliance any.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='goldielax25' date='21 March 2010 - 01:30 PM' timestamp='1269192591' post='2232234']
I would be happier to see GGA using their time to create internal policies to strengthen their alliance and actually help green, instead of what really amounts to wasting their time on (partially) redundant foreign policies that really do not strengthen the sphere or their alliance any.
[/quote]
Because this announcement, and the process that they had to have gone through, took so much time and energy away from their policy rebuilding. :rolleyes:

Edited by KahlanRahl

[quote name='goldielax25' date='21 March 2010 - 06:30 PM' timestamp='1269192591' post='2232234']
[/quote]
We have those as well, but it is not currently the custom to display internal policies as an alliance announcement unless they directly relate to the world at large. If other alliances are willing to begin posting their economic plans and trade circles, then we of course will follow suit. Until then, however, we will be limited to announcing foreign policy rather than the internal workings of our alliance. Although I will run your suggestion by our Sovereign, as I rather like the idea of making spies superfluous by airing our internal workings to the world.

Edited by Byron Orpheus

That isn't my point at all, what my point is is you guys don't need foreign policy right now, you need internal policy. I'll stop before people get going on the 'why don't you let GGA run GGA' but as a valid suggestion, if I were in your position the second anyone started distracting themselves from fixing real problems by saying something like 'we should do xxx foreign policy thing' I would respectfully try to steer them back in the right direction.

[quote name='Andre27' date='21 March 2010 - 01:10 PM' timestamp='1269191382' post='2232218']
Well it is a good thing to try to rectify or apologize for past mistakes, but unless you do this from a position where you have a stable growing alliance such attempts will merely be seen as cheap PR stunts.

E.g. the old GGA administration did discuss a formal apology to GR and allies for the No-CB war, but it was decided to hold that apology until it could be made from a credible position. This situation is no different, although intentions may be good the current state of the GGA makes the statement look insincere.
[/quote]

But according to your leadership at the time that action was justified.

LOL @ an apology. That's the greatest joke of the day right there.

[quote name='goldielax25' date='21 March 2010 - 10:47 AM' timestamp='1269193619' post='2232254']
That isn't my point at all, what my point is is you guys don't need foreign policy right now, you need internal policy. I'll stop before people get going on the 'why don't you let GGA run GGA' but as a valid suggestion, if I were in your position the second anyone started distracting themselves from fixing real problems by saying something like 'we should do xxx foreign policy thing' I would respectfully try to steer them back in the right direction.
[/quote]
No worries, Goldie. We've been pushing out internal reform nonstop. Just 'cause we took a second to establish our feelings on Green in a concise doctrine doesn't mean we're not working on inside stuff as well (and moreso). :)

[quote name='goldielax25' date='21 March 2010 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1269193619' post='2232254']
[/quote]
Think you missed my post. Here:
[quote name='KahlanRahl' date='21 March 2010 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1269192990' post='2232241']
Because this announcement, and the process that they had to have gone through, took so much time and energy away from their policy rebuilding. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Do you really think he had his whole alliance working on this for like, a week or something? I can't imagine that this took more than five minutes to come up with. And I'm gonna go ahead and get going on the "why don't you let GGA run GGA?" suggestion. It's really not as big a deal as you're making it out to be. It's, a NAP. lol :awesome:

[quote name='neneko' date='21 March 2010 - 10:46 AM' timestamp='1269186350' post='2232167']
So much haters.

If you find the doctrine pointless why even bother to reply?

I think it's a great first step towards green unity. Obviously there's more work ahead to get some unity on green but this is a good start imo.
[/quote]
It's not necessarily a step towards 'Green unity', moreso a step forward in cementing their commitments; it certainly is a good step for the Grand Global Alliance in their intentions under this new administration.

[quote name='Andre27' date='21 March 2010 - 11:28 AM' timestamp='1269188863' post='2232187']
I believe Bob Janova hits the nail on the head.
The new GGA administration did not cancel UJA and therefor did never "cancel" this old policy.
Even though i truly hope the GGA will grow you folks will have to do better than such an obvious PR stunt.
[/quote]
How is this a PR stunt? They are, to use your term, re-inventing the wheel essentially. They threw out the useless, and are making proper steps towards reinsertion into the community at large. Some other alliances could stand to learn a thing or two here.

[quote name='goldielax25' date='21 March 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1269193619' post='2232254']
[/quote]
Before you go poking at other peoples policies, try fixing stuff at home. You wouldn't know a 'fixed problem' (or respect for that matter) if it bit you on the nose.

Great move JB and GGA. I look forward to seeing more changes out of you down the road. Keep on forward. There's still a long ways to go, a lot to repair. But you can do it.

It's a step in the right direction and some people need to let go of their GGA hate.

Although they still need to get more than 2 WRCs... I understand current infra circumstances keep them from expanding that number, but I look forward to better things and better days for GGA.

[quote name='Rayvon' date='21 March 2010 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1269194555' post='2232272']

Before you go poking at other peoples policies, try fixing stuff at home. You wouldn't know a 'fixed problem' (or respect for that matter) if it bit you on the nose.

Great move JB and GGA. I look forward to seeing more changes out of you down the road. Keep on forward. There's still a long ways to go, a lot to repair. But you can do it.
[/quote]

Home is great! Hows never never land?

Also, OP is positive, and positive things are positively positive to see.

[quote name='MagicalTrevor' date='20 March 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1269140677' post='2231793']
[03:03] <Unsure> man with a title like that i thought it would be something cool[03:03] <Unsure> D"[03:03] <Unsure> you know like a disbandment[03:04] <lebubu> me toosums it up for me
[/quote]
This,

[quote name='Matthew The Great' date='20 March 2010 - 11:05 PM' timestamp='1269140732' post='2231794']
hey no one is allowed to copy Pax Legio :Panyways...this is good to see congrats GGA
[/quote]
Yeah...cuz it was totally original.

[quote name='i surge i' date='20 March 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1269141027' post='2231806']
lol okay
[/quote]
and this.

[quote name='Rayvon' date='21 March 2010 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1269194555' post='2232272']

How is this a PR stunt? They are, to use your term, re-inventing the wheel essentially. They threw out the useless, and are making proper steps towards reinsertion into the community at large. Some other alliances could stand to learn a thing or two here.
[/quote]

The issue at hand is that they make a new policy based upon something they [u]didn't[/u] throw out (in this case UJA) and that is essentially why it is little more than a PR stunt.

[quote]
[/quote]

If you read my previous remarks you'll see that i am a critic about this being "something new", however i still hope to see the GGA prosper in the near future.

Why GGA would come out and make a public annoucement that in reality changes nothing and once again set it self up for ridicule is beyond me. GGA has gone from a slow decline to complete collapse since the coup. Of all the things you could be doing to try and slow its death giving people yet another chance to bash on you should have been the last.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='21 March 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1269204215' post='2232370']
Why GGA would come out and make a public annoucement that in reality changes nothing and once again set it self up for ridicule is beyond me. GGA has gone from a slow decline to complete collapse since the coup. Of all the things you could be doing to try and slow its death giving people yet another chance to bash on you should have been the last.
[/quote]

To be fair, its always the same 4 or 5 people that run from thread to thread pointing and laughing at everything they can see. This is no exception. GGA has made a plain and simple announcement about a policy they will be enacting from now on. It is kind of funny how certain people try to spin anything they find into something they can call 'ebil' or laugh at just to stroke their own ego.

I don't understand this doctrine. Is there any alliance out there anymore that actually thinks they have the right to ban people from their color sphere?

Is there any anybody that considers themselves to be hostile toward another alliance before they do anything to them?

[quote name='Andre27' date='21 March 2010 - 09:13 AM' timestamp='1269177217' post='2232091']
It is without a doubt a good policy for green, but one which has been around for quite some time so announcing it makes little sense :(
[/quote]
QFT. Everyone knows the policy had been disregarded for more than a year now. I also believe it was quietly communicated to our allies and partners. Then there's this:
[quote name='The Big Bad' date='21 March 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1269204215' post='2232370']
[/quote]
When I resigned I advised you guys to throw out anything you wanted to throw out immediately and then keep a low profile. I kinda wish you would've followed that advice. I hope the next thread you post will be an announcement of GGA passing the 2 mil NS mark, or the 100 member mark. Build, build, build, GGA. That's what you should do. Hell, I'll buy tech from you if you want.

[/quote]
Oh you! :awesome:

Edited by sethb

[quote name='Rayvon' date='21 March 2010 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1269194555' post='2232272']
It's not necessarily a step towards 'Green unity', moreso a step forward in cementing their commitments; it certainly is a good step for the Grand Global Alliance in their intentions under this new administration.[/quote]Indeed. This is probably mostly GGA doing this for GGA's sake.

[quote]How is this a PR stunt? They are, to use your term, re-inventing the wheel essentially. They threw out the useless, and are making proper steps towards reinsertion into the community at large. Some other alliances could stand to learn a thing or two here.[/quote]
While claiming this announcement as an intentional PR stunt would be an overstatement, the appearances that some perceive, look like an announcement about "nothing has changed in regards to the topic of this thread" - this is because the purpose of UJA and the message of this announcement are closely alike.

[quote]Before you go poking at other peoples policies, try fixing stuff at home. You wouldn't know a 'fixed problem' (or respect for that matter) if it bit you on the nose.[/quote]
Identifying problems may be easier to you than to many other individuals, but verbalizing these perceived problems is kind of a requirement for the capacity to convey one's grievances. Rest assured, we are quite capable of identifying, rectifying, and confirming a succesfull rectification, at a very high efficiency, because we work together for a common goal rather than disputing about petty issues such as personal fancies.

[quote]Great move JB and GGA. I look forward to seeing more changes out of you down the road. Keep on forward. There's still a long ways to go, a lot to repair. But you can do it.
[/quote]
Where there is life, there is hope. Live well, GGA.

[quote name='heggo' date='21 March 2010 - 02:20 PM' timestamp='1269206392' post='2232393']
I don't understand this doctrine. Is there any alliance out there anymore that actually thinks they have the right to ban people from their color sphere?

Is there any anybody that considers themselves to be hostile toward another alliance before they do anything to them?
[/quote]

Maybe someone from GGA could elaborate on this, but I believe this thread is leveled at criticism of JB in the last GGA thread, where it was found he was complicit in one of GGA's policies in that past, which was designed to rid the green sphere of other alliances. Assuming I'm correct, then this would be an official response to that criticism and be indicative of a positive change occurring within the GGA. Should that be the case, I for one approve and find the criticism of this policy to be largely manufactured. Didn't think I'd ever be saying this, but grats GGA?

[quote name='Partisan' date='21 March 2010 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1269206316' post='2232392']
To be fair, its always the same 4 or 5 people that run from thread to thread pointing and laughing at everything they can see. This is no exception. GGA has made a plain and simple announcement about a policy they will be enacting from now on. It is kind of funny how certain people try to spin anything they find into something they can call 'ebil' or laugh at just to stroke their own ego.
[/quote]

But it is not like its a new policy. The only change appears to be that they will not attack random non UJA green alliances unless they have a reason. Of course whats left of GGA could not attack anybody anyway. So the question has to be asked. Why when you have an alliance that has seen a massive collapse since its coup, that has a history face palming public announcements and that has a widely disliked leadership would they step into public and announce.... well nothing. Seems like the smart thing to do would be to stay out of the public spot light and try and fix things. Not give others further ammunition to tear you down. Of course I think this speak volumes about GGA's current leadership. And what is says is not good.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='22 March 2010 - 12:59 AM' timestamp='1269212371' post='2232481']
But it is not like its a new policy. The only change appears to be that they will not attack random non UJA green alliances unless they have a reason. Of course whats left of GGA could not attack anybody anyway. So the question has to be asked. Why when you have an alliance that has seen a massive collapse since its coup, that has a history face palming public announcements and that has a widely disliked leadership would they step into public and announce.... well nothing. Seems like the smart thing to do would be to stay out of the public spot light and try and fix things. Not give others further ammunition to tear you down. Of course I think this speak volumes about GGA's current leadership. And what is says is not good.
[/quote]
I certainly agree that this thread can be intrepeted as rash behaviour and unconsiderate decision making, but it's not really that big a deal. This GGA announcement is mainly for GGA itself. It's a small thing, but we just don't happen to have anything more interesting topic to discuss at the moment.

I fail to see at all why this announcement is necessary. The Grand Global Alliance has done nothing against the green team in years to realistically warrant this doctrine. They removed the Dilrow Doctrine, removed the Algae Agreement, served as a charter alliance in the United Jungle Accords, and even signed a treaty with the Viridian Entente two years ago. I smell blatant PR stunt rather than any sort of new commitment to green that the past Grand Global Alliance didn't have.

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='21 March 2010 - 10:12 AM' timestamp='1269184323' post='2232142']
Probably because we threw out all the policies of the "old administrations" (and rightly so) and are reconstructing a respectable GGA in our own image.
[/quote]

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='21 March 2010 - 12:05 PM' timestamp='1269191113' post='2232214']
I would hope that you understand that there is a difference between hindering an alliance's move to green and never attacking an alliance on green. Under the UJA, the GGA would have been able to attack any non-UJA signatory on green without necessarily attempting to drive them off of the color itself. [b]This is probably the sort of loophole that would have been exploited in the past by GGA, and it was obviously necessary to close it so that GGA would never have the opportunity to return to the state it was in before the new regime.[/b]
[/quote]

Why are you passing judgment on former leaders of the Grand Global Alliance when you really have no idea about our intentions? We obviously didn't sign the United Jungle Accords or remove the Dilrow Doctrine with the intention of attacking anyone on green or forcing an alliance off the sphere. Sorry, but your comment is completely and utterly illogical, nonsensical, and misinformed. If you want to continue pandering to people about how noble your revolution is by stating how tyrannical us former leaders were after taking several measures to help restore the green sphere and alliances we wronged in the past, at least have some sort of history or facts to back up your claims about us. Otherwise, it frankly just makes you look completely ignorant.

You can look at the state of Planet Bob at the time of the founding of the United Jungle Accords, and you'd see that the Grand Global Alliance was growing after regaining our sanction, we were still a major influence in world politics as One Vision still existed, and we were completely capable of continuing to control the green team if we wished. There really isn't a decent or valid argument for any kind of ulterior motive in our pursuit of a major policy overhaul when it came to the green sphere. We did it because it was the right thing to do, plain and simple. Insinuating otherwise is a half-hearted and misinformed attempt at either putting down either our regime or the alliance as a whole.

But getting back on topic, the terms of the United Jungle Accords in which it doesn't specifically say that members won't attack any green team alliance has just as much of a "loophole" as your Article III, which states, "Article Two is voided by an alliance if it commits aggressive actions towards the Grand Global Alliance or an ally of the Grand Global Alliance." The non-aggression pact that the old charters followed was basically the same principle regardless, so this really isn't anything new or substantial, frankly. I'll await the day that this new Grand Global Alliance does something meaningful instead of just repeating an already-existing principle for an issue long-since resolved.