Announcement from Hydra

[quote]Article VII: Withdrawal and Expulsion

Member alliances are free to withdraw from the agreement at any time, provided they have given seventy-two (72) hours written notice to all other member alliances[/quote]

72 hours ago Hydra gave notice to all members of the PEACE economic treaty that we would be withdrawing from the treaty.

It is unfortunate that we had to make the decision to leave the Purple Unity program which has been our home since day one. We wish the remaining signatories the best of luck.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very sad announcement from Hydra for me to read. I personally know many members, and have so for a long time from when many were in Tempest. When Tempest merged to form Hydra a new era began, I met many new people and we had great times together.

I wish for those times to continue, and I wish Hydra all the best. Glad to call you guys friends.

o/ Hydra

:wub: Jac

:wub: Teets

Most of all I :wub: me some Pooter (sniper620 :P)

Edit: Emoticon

Edited by President S O

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='14 March 2010 - 05:36 AM' timestamp='1268545285' post='2225134']
Frankly I'm not surprised this happened sooner, especially after the unfortunate Legion-Hydra incident.
[/quote]

Care to elaborate? I've always thought that the intertwinement of Pegasus, Poseidon and PEACE wasn't thought out very well, and that this triggered the exit of Hydra.

If this got something to do with the latter, I can understand Hydra's decision to leave very well.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='14 March 2010 - 07:38 PM' timestamp='1268559833' post='2225229']
Care to elaborate? I've always thought that the intertwinement of Pegasus, Poseidon and PEACE wasn't thought out very well, and that this triggered the exit of Hydra.

If this got something to do with the latter, I can understand Hydra's decision to leave very well.
[/quote]

The event Lord Fingolfin refers to happened quite some time ago, I personally do not believe it had as big of an affect on Hydra's decision as he would like to think. Since then a lot has changed, people have moved around.

Then again I don't speak for Hydra, and I won't try to speak for them. Just what I know. :P

Best of luck guys. :wub:

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='13 March 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1268541159' post='2225091']
Hmm... I don't know what's going on here. Someone should share with me, or something.
[/quote]
You did cancel a PIAT once. ;)

Anyway, I completely understand Hydra's reasons here.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='14 March 2010 - 04:38 AM' timestamp='1268559833' post='2225229']

[/quote]
Fingo knows a lot more than you do. However, as SO says, he's not working with the full picture either.