NUF looking for merge candidates

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' date='11 March 2010 - 06:02 PM' timestamp='1268348862' post='2222537']
Has anyone heard back from anyone at NUF?
[/quote]

I have :)

Anyhow, it's funny how most people completely disregarded the OP.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='King Xander the Only' date='11 March 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1268352793' post='2222617']
This is weird. People usually get heckled when they come here seeking merges.

Oh well, good luck finding a new home.
[/quote]

Frankly, I'd rather people do it this way - unless they already have an established relationship based on something other than seeking a merger. Got real tiring fast having people go through all the trouble of either coming to our forum or inviting me to theirs just to find out it's about a merger. This way it's clear from the start what is wanted.

Individual reqest information about individual alliances to possibly join all the time. Individual alliances advertise for members. Doesn't seem a big jump to do the same if people want mergers as well.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='11 March 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1268333525' post='2222310']
We'll be happy to talk to you on IRC, if you like. I'll be on later this evening in #athens.
[/quote]

Its been too long since an Athens merge :P

[quote name='Matthew The Great' date='11 March 2010 - 06:14 PM' timestamp='1268349565' post='2222556']
I'm with kriekfreak alliances actively seeking merges are not the alliances you want to be asking for merges, especially if you have no prior relationship
[/quote]

^^^this

[quote name='Aeternalis' date='11 March 2010 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1268353529' post='2222631']
It's quite obvious people want that extra NS :v
[/quote]

You must be from an alliance that has plenty of people to divide up all the work it takes to keep an alliance going. I was tempted to offer too, and NS had nothing to do with it.

[quote name='flak attack' date='11 March 2010 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1268349508' post='2222552']
Well, that explains a lot.
[/quote]

It does indeed. A rather odd policy I must say.

Anyways, I really hope some of these offers are tongue in cheek because some of them are just embarrassing. Good luck finding a new home

People, if we haven't got back in touch with you then its a simple case of not enough hours in the day!
Another day tomorrow, we will try our best to talk to all that are interested.
We have been inundated with messages on IRC and forum messages.
Myself and others in NUF have a lot to talk about and a lot of people to talk to.

We appreciate all offers... after all you cannot judge other alliances until you have talked to them or found out more about them, sad to say some comments on here who don't know us have just ASSUMED things lol.

So again thanks and we look forward to a merger thats benefits both parties but also to friendships with those who we are having meetings with.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='11 March 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1268344803' post='2222473']
What are your values? Government structure? Etc?

This may be interesting. I would highly recommend you contacting me if you wouldn't mind. ;)

I assure you, no, I promise you..it wouldn't hurt. Just would be interesting to speak about.
[/quote]

I support NUF merging with Ninjas.

(also this thread is hilarious)

Well.. wow?
Lots of people to answer so it will take some time.

Lets start off with this. This request was made to see if there were any other alliances looking for a merge that we have not already talked to. Please note the word MERGE. Last I know it didn't mean disbanding and joining another alliance.

The Nations United for Freedom is a stable alliance at this time, we had lost a few large nations due to their sudden disappearance from Planet Bob we have yet to explain.

We have steady growth but we lack in recruiting, as the little recruiting we do get around to doing we are aiming a little higher then some. We are also a little slow right now around the forum and can use a little excitement.

In no way are we in a merge or disband situation. And by the way - we do have very good friends in many alliances but in many cases there is something that greatly differs from NUF, a dictatorship for an extreme example.

So we were looking for a merge in the true sense, which [u]could[/u] include charter modification, name change or government positions. Not Quite looking to be more or less recruited. B-)

btw, Raasaa..??? :blink:

Edited by Galvatron

Well GATO could use some large nations and we have a pool of smaller nations to feed your lust for tech if that is something you are interested in. GATO is a democratic alliance. We elect all our leaders. We are elderly as alliances go. The eldest in fact. If you would like to know more you can find us at #gato.

[quote name='Galvatron' date='11 March 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1268367005' post='2222932']
[/quote]

I think he was talking about NUHyperforce

http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=NUHyperForce

[quote name='Galvatron' date='11 March 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1268367005' post='2222932']
Lets start off with this. This request was made to see if there were any other alliances looking for a merge that we have not already talked to. Please note the word MERGE. Last I know it didn't mean disbanding and joining another alliance.
[/quote]

If you're looking for something along the lines on a "neutral" (i.e. picky when it comes to friends) alliance for a possible merge that doesn't allow "tech raids," would generally be considered "moral" and isn't looking to expand beyond 100 members AT MOST (i.e. we're not looking to be the next NPO, thank you) - PM me. I do IRC by appointment. In other words, those are our min. for a merger regardless of who is looking. If you want something else, happy hunting :P

Edited by White Chocolate

Well, ICAN is looking for a nice merger. Like our motto says, "Others cant but, ICAN!", ICAN practically offer you anything you want and well, the large nations would definitely help ICAN by adding some high NS nations to our semi high NS nations. Not only that but we are looking for members to complete our government.

One beneift of being in ICAN is unlimited access to tech deals upon request as we have several alliances on standby just waiting to sell tech to us.

While ICAN may be small, we have a huge heart, and refuse to put up with any alliances BS. The good thing about our attitude is that we have GATO at our side to back us up.

Though we are only 10 members strong, there is nothing that larger alliances can offer that we cant... Plus, ICAN can offer more. You can expect to be hearing from me and my alliances govt, and I look forward to coming to some sort of a merger agreement. :D

Signed,
Emporor
-President of the International Coalition of Armed Nations

I would say you cut off the search here...mergers are a tricky business and getting both what good for you and good for the other party is hard.

Look amongst you and your members for alliances you ALREADY know and trust, or have bonds with. Talk with them, share ideas, see if there is a fit. Branch off from there if need be, because any alliance jumping all over a merger offer like you see ITT without background checking FIRST is probably a bad fit.

Good luck.

[quote name='Galvatron' date='11 March 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1268367005' post='2222932']
[/quote]
He's confusing you with us, I'd take it as a compliment tbh.

Lets start off with this. This request was made to see if there were any other alliances looking for a merge that we have not already talked to. Please note the word [b]MERGE. Last I know it didn't mean disbanding and joining another alliance[/b].

So we were looking for a merge in the true sense, which [u]could[/u] include charter modification, name change or government positions. Not Quite looking to be more or less recruited. B-)
[/quote]

I love how everyone is busy selling their alliances and not listening to what NUF is asking for. Half of these offers on the table wouldn't fit anyways due to the nature of the established alliances and communities. I don't know NUF too well, but I'm not going to waste their time with a "MERGE" offer that involves them disbanding and joining my alliance. Thats not a merger.

Good luck with your merge, NUF. Remember, if the merge don't fit, don't buy it. :awesome:

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='12 March 2010 - 02:35 PM' timestamp='1268397627' post='2223312']
Listen to bigwoody. He's right.
[/quote]

You could've told them that if they like a Meritocracy and an organized alliance, they can always talk to us at Nordreich. We would be glad to have them.

Magic, you just had to come in and say it, didn't you? <_<

Best of luck in finding a decent alliance to merge with NUF. I'd say that if you want to keep your identity (as it seems you'd like to) to find another mid or small sized alliance to merge with. I would recommend GATO's current protectorate, ICAN. They're a good bunch of people. Either way, best of luck.

Thanks for the understanding

Many of the people that posted here are from very reputable alliances that we hole in high respect and know members there. We also would not expect many alliances that are currently 'top' alliance set in their ways be willing to bend to any merge requests which is very understandable.

At the very least its been nice meeting people from alliances we haven't had contact with and new people from alliances we know well B-)