The Future of Neo-Hegemony ?

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='30 March 2010 - 02:08 PM' timestamp='1269972476' post='2241205']
This includes CnG. There has been no truce or ceasefire agreed to, however.
[/quote]

[quote name='MCRABT' date='30 March 2010 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1269972981' post='2241210']
My understanding of the situation is that the onus is on neither CnG nor TOP at this point and unless we want to have our peace talks publicly that we take them back in to the private domain where they can be concluded without the interjection of every Tom, Dick and Harry on these forums.
[/quote]

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='30 March 2010 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1269973058' post='2241211']
TOP has also been threatening to back out of their agreement to peace if the rest of TIDTT doesn't get peace soon, and the holdups to that peace do not directly involve C&G :)

Unless of course C&G is supposed to selectively ceasefire certain alliances and not others while still remaining in a state of war...similarly, C&G could probably peace out all of TIDTT but we would leave people on the field. TIDTT couldn't bare to do it (unless TOP feels like individually surrendering now), so why should C&G be expected to?

TOP can either accept the peace formally by surrendering (anything less is simply words that can be taken away, as has been implied a number of times) or by working assiduously to get their allies to accept peace so that they can all surrender and get on with it.
[/quote]

This is a ridiculous discussion. Both parties are acting in good faith. We don't need to point fingers. If there are additional developments we can discuss those eventualities, but at this point there is nothing to discuss and no blame to be had... except for... you know. Lets cool it guys. We both want the same thing here, so lets try and contain our mutual frustration.

btw @ Archon I think we both know that the current hold up is ridiculous enough that if you were to leave people on the field you would be much more justified in doing so than if we were to. Regardless, this is not an issue because as far as I know you guys are doing all that you can to solve the problem and should be commended for that.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='WalkerNinja' date='30 March 2010 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1269974552' post='2241220']
Theoretically, CnG is the aggrieved party. You are the people that we wrongly and aggressively attacked. If the aggrieved party is satisfied, on what basis are the Gramlins holding things up?
[/quote]

From my observation and undoubtedly the observations of the majority, on the basis of lunacy.

[OOC]Seriously. Isn't it a bit like the US being unable to withdraw from Aghanistan because Bolivia still has a score to settle?[/ooc]

IC: I completely agree and disagree with the Oringinal Post. I'm going to re-read it some more.

Edited by WalkerNinja

[quote name='WalkerNinja' date='30 March 2010 - 02:45 PM' timestamp='1269974731' post='2241224']
Seriously. Isn't it a bit like the US being unable to withdraw from Aghanistan because Bolivia still has a score to settle?
[/quote]

I do not know those places but yes it sounds like a similar situation.

[quote name='AirMe' date='30 March 2010 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1269974900' post='2241226']
I do not know those places but yes it sounds like a similar situation.
[/quote]
That's an unfair point of comparison. [OOC: US Bolivian relations are not that good. A fair comparison would be a staunch ally of the United States, like Mexico or Colombia if you must pull from that area of the world~]

MK stands by their allies/friends, as they do for us. It is only fair. That being said, as Lord Curzon said, I'm sure we are doing the best we can to end it soon.

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='30 March 2010 - 01:48 PM' timestamp='1269974920' post='2241228']
This is fast becoming an inappropriate thread. Like mcrabt said, I think these discussions are far better suited to private channels.

edit: grammar
[/quote]

But this way is so much more fun ;)

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='30 March 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1269975020' post='2241230']
That Codex is never around when you really need it.
[/quote]

Gremlins morale when convienient :awesome:

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='30 March 2010 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1269973861' post='2241217']
Gramlins. Gramlins. Gramlins. It's not that hard to say. Not sure why people are tip toeing around it.
[/quote]
I think it is difficult to add the ä to their name, so people avoid it. Or maybe they are just a bunch of fine gentlemen.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='30 March 2010 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1269975020' post='2241230']
[/quote]
It really would do them good to just officially stop following it (not that they have ever followed it practically).

edit: grammar

Edited by ROMMELHSQ

Well the path this thread has taken is interesting ;)

It's good to hear that peace is close. Since Grämlins (see Feanor, that's why people won't say it, they can't type it right!) entered the war with no treaty and didn't come under direct attack, it's hard to imagine how they're holding anything up without being clearly in violation of their principles and Codex – and the irony when set against the Karma peace talks is spectacular. Hopefully MK and Umbrella can knock some sense into them.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='30 March 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1269975020' post='2241230']
[/quote]
Gramlins have always been a bunch of wafflers, all talk and no genuine integrity. Their back stabbing antics of late are no surprise.

[quote name='Alterego' date='30 March 2010 - 10:28 PM' timestamp='1269977321' post='2241250']
Gramlins have [b]always [/b]been a bunch of wafflers, all talk and no genuine integrity. Their back stabbing antics of late are no surprise.
[/quote]
I wouldn't say always. There was a time [i]long[/i] ago when they were a honorable alliance and reasonable.....

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='30 March 2010 - 03:20 PM' timestamp='1269976798' post='2241247']
Hopefully MK and Umbrella can knock some sense into them.
[/quote]

That would be more easily done without the threats by certain parties to back out of peace agreements.

[quote name='Alterego' date='30 March 2010 - 09:28 PM' timestamp='1269977321' post='2241250']
Gramlins have always been a bunch of wafflers, all talk and no genuine integrity.
[/quote]
Unlike baps right?

[quote name='Alterego' date='30 March 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1269978838' post='2241273']
Oooo, touchy considering I didnt mention the fungal realm.
[/quote]
Don't really care. It's still funny to hear a baps member talk about integrity. Even more funny that it's you.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='30 March 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1269978513' post='2241268']
That would be more easily done without the threats by certain parties to back out of peace agreements.
[/quote]

We aren't going to let you continue to destroy our tech for another week and then give you the same amount of reps. Securing peace now rests solely on your side. It is not our fault Gremlins want the unconditional surrender of IRON for God knows what reason.

Edited by Vladimir Stukov II

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='30 March 2010 - 03:48 PM' timestamp='1269978513' post='2241268']
[/quote]
Once again, semantics, but I do not consider the [b]fact[/b] that our ability to pay reparations is decreasing due to war to be a threat.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='30 March 2010 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1269980100' post='2241287']
We aren't going to let you continue to destroy our tech for another week and then give you the same amount of reps. Securing peace now rests solely on your side. It is not our fault Gremlins want the unconditional surrender of IRON for God knows what reason.
[/quote]

Not your fault, I am sorry I must have missed the part when CnG attacked you with no reason ?, please can you link me to the topic ?

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='30 March 2010 - 01:15 PM' timestamp='1269980100' post='2241287']
[/quote]
Surrendering is what you do when you're defeated. If IRON isn't defeated then why would they stop fighting?