The James Barnaby Decree

James Barnaby

Now, first of all, I know I will receive quite a bit of flak from the International Community of Bob, however, I think it is for the best of everyone to think things through, and at least to get a message across.
[b]
Now consider these:[/b]

-What once started in the Second Unjust War, was between Polaris, and the alliance of \m/. Now, both of them are fighting on the Complaints and Grievances side, yet they were who initially were fighting against each other. Irony much?

-The alliances who have declared peace and have effectively left the world war, will surpass us in strength and will become the new world powers, whilst we blow each others brains out.

[b]So this is my simple decree:[/b]

End the war. Everyone. White peace, it's plain and simple, and the smart move for everyone.

If not, we're in a way, fighting against everyone who is in peace mode right now, and all alliances who are in peace.. and we're losing.

[b]Please Note:[/b] I do not speak on behalf of the Mostly Harmless Alliance.

Signed,
James Barnaby
Leader of the Democratic Republic of Goonland

Edited by James Barnaby

[quote name='Vilien' date='02 March 2010 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1267569773' post='2211803']
I can't believe no one else had thought of this. Brilliant.
[/quote]

Sarcasm alert!

I like your idea, but the fact is its not going to happen. There always has to be a loser and a winner or else there is nothing to strive for.

[quote name='James Barnaby' date='02 March 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1267570220' post='2211817']
The losers are those fighting the war. The winners are those who are not.
[/quote]

So you would rather us march in place forever with nothing happening in this world?

I know for one I wouldn't

IT'S SO SIMPLE! END THE WAR, THAT'S HOW YOU END THE WAR!

You sir are just... I can't even describe what an excellent, excellent statesman you are. To think that the alliances who declared peace have effectively left the war astounds me. And I never realized that Polaris and \m/ are now fighting on the same side! That's CRAZY!

For I was blind but now I see.

[quote name='James Barnaby' date='02 March 2010 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1267570220' post='2211817']
[/quote]

You hush now, things are going just as they should be. Its pride over strategic vision that drives this war. Thank Admin for that.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='02 March 2010 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1267578378' post='2211987']
You hush now, things are going just as they should be. Its pride over strategic vision that drives this war. Thank Admin for that.
[/quote]
Well, that's certainly how it started... And that's the reason for most of the turns it has since taken.

Seeing as how this has pretty much been the most hilariously dramatic war in the history of the game, I'm all for it.

Ah, but you mustn't forget... I meant to post this under world affairs, not here.

...and War is much more fun when it's blatantly one sided, and doesn't last that long.

On the other hand, why not draw more people into the war then. Make everyone take part in the war of the century.

Edited by James Barnaby

[quote name='James Barnaby' date='02 March 2010 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1267569662' post='2211798'][b]Please Note:[/b] I do not speak on behalf of the Mostly Harmless Alliance.[/quote]

And yet you wish to speak for everyone? Or better yet, rule over them.

I don't think you meant "decree." I think you meant "request".

Edited by Kevin McDonald

[quote name='James Barnaby' date='02 March 2010 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1267570220' post='2211817']
[/quote]

I WIN! I knew it! Over 8,000 infra, over 7,000 land, and over 1,800 tech lost and I won!!!

/leave sarcasm to a professional
//OP: love the avatar, agree with the sentiment to a degree, but....

[quote name='James Barnaby' date='02 March 2010 - 08:21 PM' timestamp='1267579519' post='2212019']
...and War is much more fun when it's blatantly one sided
[/quote]

I don't think this needs any more comment, but since I love to hear myself speak:

Really? War is fun when there's no risk of losing? If only this was a world where the only alliances attacked had no way of defending themselves, and anyone who tried to help them risked having their alliance destroyed as well. What a better world it would be....

First, to clear up and misconceptions- let the record reflect that, as a member of an MK Protectorate (Darkstar), I am 100% behind CnG in all their actions; my posts should be read and treated as such.

The war ending in a stalemate does nothing. If both sides declare white peace right here, right now, then both remain somewhat strong- and therefore a danger to each other. In other words, CnG not finishing beating down TOP (or vice versa) means that the latter will simply come back and bite again. Wars usually end with a shift in power, at varying magnitudes. This one ought to as well.

Edited by Worf93

[quote]Seeing as how this has pretty much been the most hilariously dramatic war in the history of the game, I'm all for it. [/quote]

Oh my admin this.

Also, you can thank Karma for making this war possible. Otherwise it'd just be curbstomp 42. And isn't this much more fun? :awesome: