Notice of Cancellation

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TBRaiders' date='24 February 2010 - 12:26 AM' timestamp='1266992982' post='2200827']
Can't NSO get peace right now by agreeing to do a beer review and not re-enter the conflict? Hasn't that offer been on the table for weeks? If not, my bad. Just something I thought I read somewhere. I ask because I see a lot of people deflecting blame for NSO still fighting, but it sounds to me like it's due to choice and not because any allies are holding a gun to your head. We've seen a dozen or so alliances leave this war with similar terms. I personally think NSO's involvement, with ties to both IRON and NpO, as one of the things keeping this war escalated.
[/quote]

It has been on the table for weeks with Polaris offering to do the beer review and FARK doing a review as well in return. Of course Ivan wont mention that because it will make NSO look bad for cancelling the treaty.

[quote name='Fireandthepassion' date='24 February 2010 - 12:51 PM' timestamp='1267016070' post='2201317']
It has been on the table for weeks with Polaris offering to do the beer review and FARK doing a review as well in return. Of course Ivan wont mention that because it will make NSO look bad for cancelling the treaty.
[/quote]

I thought so.

See where pride gets you. $%&@ pride. If you'd done that review you could be chilling in the Caribbean and you'd be saying, Johnny Apocalypse was right. :smug:

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' date='24 February 2010 - 08:04 AM' timestamp='1267016886' post='2201328']
I thought so.

See where pride gets you. $%&@ pride. If you'd done that review you could be chilling in the Caribbean and you'd be saying, Johnny Apocalypse was right. :smug:
[/quote]
You could be having fun with that if you were to just white peace those you are fighting, instead MK has taken more total NS loss than NSO as well as a similar amount percentage wise. Now see where your pride gets you, maybe you should be trying to convince someone else to $%&@ pride if you feel that way?

[quote name='Methrage' date='24 February 2010 - 01:16 PM' timestamp='1267017577' post='2201335']
You could be having fun with that if you were to just white peace those you are fighting, instead MK has taken more total NS loss than NSO as well as a similar amount percentage wise. Now see where your pride gets you, maybe you should be trying to convince someone else to $%&@ pride if you feel that way?
[/quote]

IIRC internally we at MK have agreed to not peace out till the very last nuke that we still own has been launched... :nuke:

Edited by Affluenza

[quote name='Affluenza' date='24 February 2010 - 11:24 PM' timestamp='1267018064' post='2201342']
IIRC internally we at MK have agreed to not peace out till the very last nuke that we still own has been launched... :nuke:
[/quote]
You would have to stop re-buying nukes for that to work. I think TOP will love you for that :P

Either that or you're going to be fighting for a very long time.

[quote name='goldielax25' date='24 February 2010 - 11:37 PM' timestamp='1267018843' post='2201351']
I think Fark's terms are horribly unfair.

How can you expect an alliance of mostly teenagers to obtain the alcohol they legally can not buy?

:)
[/quote]

Whoa there. Better put that burn cannon away before someone gets hurt.

[quote name='Fireandthepassion' date='24 February 2010 - 07:51 AM' timestamp='1267016070' post='2201317']
[/quote]

Not true. As we've stated several times now, Ivan was told by Randomly Jim that Fark would not be seeking peace with NSO. Want some proof of this?

[quote]
Session Start: Sun Feb 21 23:44:33 2010
Session Ident: Randomly[fark]
01[23:45] <Doppelganger> [b]Are you prepared to accept the Siths offer of white peace yet?[/b]
[23:45] <Randomly[fark]> My god you people are desperate.
01[23:45] <Doppelganger> Excuse me?
[23:46] <Randomly[fark]> How many 'Not Moldavi' are you going to send at me tonight?
01[23:46] <Doppelganger> Not sure what you're talking about.
[23:46] <Randomly[fark]> Well my apologies.
01[23:46] <Doppelganger> Apology accepted.
[23:47] <Randomly[fark]> [b]And no[/b]. Your alliance rejected peace and embraced war. Why would I rob them of the target of thier affections?
[23:47] <Randomly[fark]> Its the month of love and Sith love war.
[23:47] <Randomly[fark]> Let me play Cupid.
01[23:48] <Doppelganger> Indeed we do. Very well. The attacks on your nations will continue. Feel free to let me know when you've had enough down the road and we'll work something out for you guys.
[23:49] <Randomly[fark]> I appreciate that. [b]When my alliance tires of scraping brown off its shoes, I will come to you first.[/b][/quote]

Edited by Corinan

Welp, so much for Polar's "we won't expect peace unless NSO gets out." !@#$%^&*. Complete and utter !@#$%^&*. Cancellation was warranted. Really, despite what's been going on with NpO recently, it isn't until now that my respect for them has actually plumetted. This is sad. Hopefully some proper terms will help you atone for this mess.

Okay, random hate-speech aside, best of luck to NSO, may you be able to secure you and your [i]real[/i] allies some peace soon.

[quote name='pezstar' date='24 February 2010 - 08:26 AM' timestamp='1267000183' post='2201143']
You have no idea what you are talking about in this situation. At no point during the existence of Frostbite did NSO choose ANYONE over STA. First of all, they were never put into the position to have to make that choice. Second of all, in the event that finally convinced us to fold on Frostbite, it could actually be said that STA chose MK over the wishes of NSO. This was the ridiculous Athens situation, when they went and raided KoN. MK let us know that we may be called upon. We agreed to fight in their defense. NSO felt they had been aggrieved by a different party in a different situation, and were interested in fighting on a different front. Because the fact that we, as a bloc, were considering fighting on different fronts, we mutually decided that the bloc wasn't a good idea anymore, so we all canceled it. Just for the record, that cancellation was on good terms.

NSO gets a lot of crap from people on these forums. Very little of it is actually deserved. NSO never, not once, not even after we weren't allied anymore, chose anyone over us. In fact, they declared on CSN in defense of STA well after we weren't allied anymore.

While we're on the topic, I've got it from multiple solid sources that Fark intends to request reps from NSO when they are ready for peace. That really needs to not be true. They've offered completely white peace to multiple combatant alliances, yet refuse to offer it to NSO. This is a load of crap.
[/quote]

Just for clarification, because I think you may have your incidents convoluted. You say that Frostbite was terminated due to the Athens-Ni! incident. IIRC, the termination of FB came right around the Athens-TPF incident. Did you cite the wrong incident or was it something that foundation was laid for during the Ni! incident? Because, again, IIRC, it was Polar doing the threatening of Athens in the Ni! incident, and I find it highly unlikely(I admitted could be wrong, wouldnt be the 1st time) that a) MK asked you to be ready to defend them in that instance, and b) you said you would side against Polar. As I said, just seeking clarification, as I think you cited the wrong incident.

[quote name='Corinan' date='24 February 2010 - 07:47 AM' timestamp='1267019484' post='2201364']
logs
[/quote]

Looks like you guys blew it. Poor RandomlyJim, a few more logs go public like this and he's gonna wind up with a fan club. I don't see what you're complaining about - 86% of you wanted this.

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Krack' date='24 February 2010 - 08:52 AM' timestamp='1267019775' post='2201373']
Looks like you guys blew it. Poor RandomlyJim, a few more logs go public like this and he's gonna wind up with a fan club. I don't see what you're complaining about - 86% of you wanted this.
[/quote]

Oh I'm not complaining at all. I'm having the most fun I've had in a long time. I'm just tired of people stating that peace has been on the table for us when it has, in fact, never been on the table.

[quote name='Corinan' date='24 February 2010 - 07:57 AM' timestamp='1267020038' post='2201382']
Oh I'm not complaining at all. I'm having the most fun I've had in a long time. I'm just tired of people stating that peace has been on the table for us when it has, in fact, never been on the table.
[/quote]

So FARK never offered to grant peace in exchange for one beer review? If it has "never been on the table", why did your alliance hold a vote as to whether or not to accept the deal? How did 86% of your alliance manage to reject an offer that wasn't made?

/rhetorical questions

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Krack' date='24 February 2010 - 11:59 PM' timestamp='1267020157' post='2201385']
So FARK never offered to grant peace in exchange for one beer review?
[/quote]
What's wrong with a white peace when they've offered it to others? We deserve the same.

[quote name='Krack' date='24 February 2010 - 01:59 PM' timestamp='1267020157' post='2201385']
So FARK never offered to grant peace in exchange for one beer review? If it has "never been on the table", why did your alliance have a vote as to whether or not to accept the deal?

/rhetorical questions
[/quote]
Here Krack, I fixed it for you.

[quote name='Corinan' date='24 February 2010 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1267020038' post='2201382']
Oh I'm not complaining at all. I'm having the most fun I've had in a long time. I'm just tired of people stating that peace [without a degrading surrender term] has been on the table for us when it has, in fact, never been on the table.
[/quote]

Personally, I think NSO should just do the damn review and be done with it. Heck, I'd even do it for them if that's acceptable. That doesn't change the fact that the beer review in general is a pretty silly term.

Edit for clarity.

Edited by Diomede

[quote name='Griff' date='24 February 2010 - 08:00 AM' timestamp='1267020257' post='2201387']
What's wrong with a white peace when they've offered it to others? We deserve the same.
[/quote]

Maybe they just don't like you.

[quote name='Krack' date='25 February 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1267020388' post='2201391']
Maybe they just don't like you.
[/quote]
I'm sure FOK doesn't either, but look what happened there. Nothing like a war to bring out the worst in people, no?

[quote name='Corinan' date='24 February 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1267020038' post='2201382']
[/quote]
I don't see how the log contradicts to what PostFireandthepassion has said. You went to Randomly with A Sith offer of white peace. PostFireandthepassion said that there was an offer on the table with Polaris offering to do the beer review and FARK doing a review as well in return, thats something different as far as I can tell.

NSO has been offered 'white peace'. Ivan himself accepted the terms and asked to immediately announce a ceasefire on the OWF. He was advised by Fark to go speak to allies first and left to do so. He then disappeared for days. Reason unknown. Conjecture was that his allies in Iron did not approve.

If only the communication logs from that meeting existed...

Here they are.

[quote]
Now talking in #lwoffice
* ENI[Away] (swahnhenne@coldfront-EF3418AA.bredband.comhem.se) has joined #lwoffice
* ENI[Away] is now known as ENI[Fark]
<ENI[Fark]> hello, gentlemen
<Randomly[fark]> Hi all
<~LintWad> Hey.
<Moldavi> Hi
<~LintWad> I queried you a question just before sending you here.
<~LintWad> Do you expect, should an agreement be reached, that your allies would honor it as well?
<Moldavi> I believe GOD will.
<~LintWad> CSN and Guru Order are the other two I believe. I'll check the list to make sure.
<Moldavi> Basically, I read the logs of Lintwad and Randomly talking and I agree to the provisions. Fark will write up a health food review and I will write up a beer review. I want to let IRON know that we are seeking an exit before moving forward though, as that is the right thing to do.
<Moldavi> Unfortunately no one from their government is online.
<ENI[Fark]> If Fark peaces out NSO, I expect our allies to follow
<ENI[Fark]> there would be no reason for them to continue
<Moldavi> Provided I can get ahold of someone in IRON government should I post that a ceasefire exists between NSO and Fark with peace concluding after the reviews are posted?
<Randomly[fark]> No.
<Randomly[fark]> Confirm with your allies and let us do the same
<Randomly[fark]> We will then arrange the announcement and the posting of reviews
<Moldavi> ok
<Randomly[fark]> And as for NSO exiting completely and permanently from this conflict
<Randomly[fark]> ?
<Moldavi> That is the plan
<Moldavi> okay, have a good afternoon[/quote]

I'd invite the curious to track down a Farker as this place is not something we frequent.