FOK Declaration of War

Divi Filius

[quote name='Haflinger' date='24 February 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1266989856' post='2200644']
Interesting. Dilber did.
[/quote]

You shouldn't read much into what Dilber said. He isn't an all knowing seer that can predict the future. He is someone who feels that FOK has wronged him in the past, even though they haven't and is applying his frustration of that situation to this one claiming there is a patter which there isn't.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='flak attack' date='23 February 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1266988975' post='2200616']
I have high level intelligence stating that MK wasn't going to declare on TOP. Of course, what would I know? I'm only one of the guys that would have made a target list if we were planning to do it.
[/quote]

I have a high level intelligence just looking at the numbers that somewhere, down the line of treaties (agreed you may have not been in the first wave) MK would have been called upon to hit TOP in the fark/IRON/NSO route of entrance. Let's face it, you all are very good at war o/ and are one of the few alliances capable of going knee to toe with us (by sheer NS spread and total NS I do not believe you could have gone 1v1 with us, you and Gre together for sure could though). When you fight some of the best, you call upon the best. I for one whole heartedly salute you at your warring capability (been much much more fun then others I've fought) but to say that you wouldn't have been called by someone? I find that a bit far fetched. You of course are more then able and capable of disagreeing on that point, that is just a an objective opinion of mine not going on any political tension but mere statistical and numerical analysis of placing one military power house against another. Otherwise TOP's top tier would have been left to run rampant through a multitude of alliances (which ironically we're kind of doing only not rampant more like we're the pokemon "gotta catch 'em all!").

[quote name='AirMe' date='24 February 2010 - 05:38 AM' timestamp='1266990117' post='2200657']
You shouldn't read much into what Dilber said. He isn't an all knowing seer that can predict the future. He is someone who feels that FOK has wronged him in the past, even though they haven't and is applying his frustration of that situation to this one claiming there is a patter which there isn't.
[/quote]

There is definitely a pattern. It is the second time FOK declares on a former ally a short while after the end of obligations.

[quote name='flak attack' date='24 February 2010 - 05:19 AM' timestamp='1266988975' post='2200616']
I have high level intelligence stating that MK wasn't going to declare on TOP. Of course, what would I know? I'm only one of the guys that would have made a target list if we were planning to do it.
[/quote]

What LM said, I'm not saying you were planning to right that moment, but down the line, it's inconceivable that the wars would land any other way.

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='24 February 2010 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1266990807' post='2200686']
There is definitely a pattern. It is the second time FOK declares on a former ally a short while after the end of obligations.
[/quote]
To be fair to FOK, they did give TOP a chance to keep their treaty. Circumstances dictated otherwise, unfortunately :(

[quote name='Saber' date='23 February 2010 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1266961494' post='2199679']
As a counter example, TOP did not ask to activate treaties that would put our allies in bad positions. One example are our MHA, Umbrella and AO treaties.[/quote]
Really? you didn't go to any of those and try to make them support your attack?

Lie harder. Seriously it's nice to see you live up to your reputation here in public.

If TOP didn't want their friends in FOK to get into a difficult position maybe attacking their allies was a bad move. Of course we all know that the blame for the preemptive strike can be shifted over to mk along with any other shady moves top performed during this conflict.

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='24 February 2010 - 01:10 AM' timestamp='1266992069' post='2200758']
Like I said 10 pages back... they haven't done anything that's technically wrong. FOK does follow its treaties, although it does have a bad habit of changing sides.
[/quote]
FOK is changing sides?

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='neneko' date='24 February 2010 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1266992782' post='2200804']
Really? you didn't go to any of those and try to make them support your attack?

Lie harder. Seriously it's nice to see you live up to your reputation here in public.
[/quote]
Can you support your claim that he's lying?

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='24 February 2010 - 01:26 AM' timestamp='1266993005' post='2200829']
[/quote]

The whole MHA thing that went on a few pages back?

[quote name='AirMe' date='24 February 2010 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1266990117' post='2200657']
[/quote]
AirMe, I had a private conversation with Dilber several months ago in which he predicted this precise war.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='24 February 2010 - 07:26 AM' timestamp='1266993005' post='2200829']
[/quote]
Yes I could. If the alliances in question wanted that posted they'd do that themselves though so you won't seeing any log dumps from me.

I don't expect you to take my word for it though my post was mostly directed at saber personally.

Edited by neneko

[quote name='Haflinger' date='24 February 2010 - 01:51 AM' timestamp='1266994491' post='2200961']
AirMe, I had a private conversation with Dilber several months ago in which he predicted this precise war.
[/quote]

Anyone who didn't see this war coming is an idiot. It was just a matter of when it was going to start. So he wasn't saying anything profound.

[quote name='AirMe' date='24 February 2010 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1266990117' post='2200657']
[/quote]

I actually have been expecting this for quite some time. It's been really clear where most of FOK's friends were, and expecting them to go against them is dumb as hell.

And in regards to the "FOK never wronging me", I guess NPO never helped FOK out of the UJW, helped bring them onto the big-stage via Q, had them cancel on us under a week before Karma, and then have them declare on us. :)

[quote name='AirMe' date='24 February 2010 - 02:10 AM' timestamp='1266995662' post='2201036']
Anyone who didn't see this war coming is an idiot. It was just a matter of when it was going to start. So he wasn't saying anything profound.
[/quote]
There are a lot of idiots on Planet Bob.

[quote name='Dilber' date='24 February 2010 - 02:13 AM' timestamp='1266995792' post='2201040']
And in regards to the "FOK never wronging me", I guess NPO never helped FOK out of the UJW, helped bring them onto the big-stage via Q, had them cancel on us under a week before Karma, and then have them declare on us. :)
[/quote]
Which is as much a reflection on you/NPO as it is on them, especially considering they were not the only alliance to follow this course.

Edited by Elyat

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' date='24 February 2010 - 01:27 AM' timestamp='1266996644' post='2201078']
TOP, maybe you'll realize the depths at which you have fallen for poor allies like IRON and ex-Hegemony. You threw away Citadel and you threw away FOK. Basically all your good allies you replaced with poor ones.

Now if only your Grand Master would come out of peace mode.
[/quote]

jesus, you actually got a first hand account and you still think that it was TOP and TOP alone that killed Citadel. Of all the alliances, TOP fought very hard to try and resuscitate it. If you actually gave a damn you would have seen some of us working in the trenches to try and fix things. and yeah, it was TOP that cancelled on FOK, you're right. :lol1:

Oh I saw what you thought were attempts to fix Citadel. Maybe if you guys finally get over yourselves you'll see where you went wrong. But that list is quite long so might want to get some coffee or something.

As to FOK cancelling on TOP. We all know what went on that created that situation, so don't act stupid.

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='24 February 2010 - 07:10 AM' timestamp='1266992069' post='2200758']
Like I said 10 pages back... they haven't done anything that's technically wrong. FOK does follow its treaties, although it does have a bad habit of changing sides.
[/quote]
Where did we change sides just now? Poor attempt.

I just scanned this 22 page announcement and it saddens me that some people, especially third parties, try to fuel the frustration felt by a lot of FOK'ers (+ by a lot of TOP'ers I'm sure), whilst I know a lot of us want this to be over. We did what we had to do, we honoured a treaty. That doesn't mean that we don't like TOP - I hope people can see this and stop their poor attempts of trying to put either of our alliances (FOK and TOP) in a bad daylight.

o/ TOP
o/ FOK

[quote name='erikz' date='23 February 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1267001540' post='2201162']
Where did we change sides just now? Poor attempt.

I just scanned this 22 page announcement and it saddens me that some people, especially third parties, try to fuel the frustration felt by a lot of FOK'ers (+ by a lot of TOP'ers I'm sure), whilst I know a lot of us want this to be over. We did what we had to do, we honoured a treaty. That doesn't mean that we don't like TOP - I hope people can see this and stop their poor attempts of trying to put either of our alliances (FOK and TOP) in a bad daylight.

o/ TOP
o/ FOK
[/quote]

I guess my question would be, are you pushing for peace for TOP?

[quote name='Chalaskan' date='24 February 2010 - 10:42 AM' timestamp='1267004771' post='2201191']
I guess my question would be, are you pushing for peace for TOP?
[/quote]
I would definitely do so if I was in govt or the diplomatic core. Trust me.

edit: spelling

Edited by erikz