FOK Declaration of War

Divi Filius

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='23 February 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1266982650' post='2200446']
Why is it that you are so against doing a beer review or equivalent? :huh:
[/quote]
To be honest, I don't really blame him for refusing to do one. It's humiliating to be forced to do one against your will. Sure, most people look at it as a joke, but if the defending alliance doesn't want to do it, it shouldn't be forced upon them. Especially when the leader of said alliance doesn't even drink. Plus, it's technically not white peace and I believe NSO has said they won't take anything but white peace, which I believe they deserve anyway.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='23 February 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1266982650' post='2200446']
Why is it that you are so against doing a beer review or equivalent? :huh:
[/quote]
For me personally, I find it offensive. My body is a temple and I treat it as such.

But, beyond that, because I am well aware of the in character alternatives available, along with those willing to write it for me, I held a vote within my alliance. I asked the membership whether or not they wanted to surrender and do a review and they voted 86.2% against that. Since that time a lot of the other 13.8% has left or surrendered on their own.

So I gave them my word.

At this point, the only way the NSO will issue a beer review is if I am removed from office. There are means available to have me couped or Challenged out of my position within our governmental structure, so whenever my alliance deems that necessary I am certain they will strike me down with all due Force.

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='23 February 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1266982860' post='2200451']
I think out of all the declarations that could have happened, this is probably the least expected and saddest one.

Really, you have TOP cornered and you just had to throw this one on there eh?
[/quote]

It is a rather weak move.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='24 February 2010 - 03:38 AM' timestamp='1266982903' post='2200453']
For me personally, I find it offensive. My body is a temple and I treat it as such.

But, beyond that, because I am well aware of the in character alternatives available, along with those willing to write it for me, I held a vote within my alliance. I asked the membership whether or not they wanted to surrender and do a review and they voted 86.2% against that. Since that time a lot of the other 13.8% has left or surrendered on their own.

So I gave them my word.

At this point, the only way the NSO will issue a beer review is if I am removed from office. There are means available to have me couped or Challenged out of my position within our governmental structure, so whenever my alliance deems that necessary I am certain they will strike me down with all due Force.
[/quote]

What a sweet vote that was.

[quote name='TonytheTiger' date='24 February 2010 - 03:31 AM' timestamp='1266982491' post='2200444']
I lost track of who we are at war with the second night, I just know we are dishing it out to all comers. I don't know anything about Fark, but i know TOP will probably be the last alliance to get peace no matter what. We will help who we can along the way.

Good luck to you and the Sith, Ivan. And thanks for the support.
[/quote]
As your leaders have stated they wont leave the field until allies have an agreed upon peace, an understandable and respectable posistion, you are correct.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='23 February 2010 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1266982903' post='2200453']

So I gave them my word.

[/quote]

It doesn't have to be a beer review. I believe one of the IRON reviews was for a video game that a particular nation ruler enjoyed.

In regards to the vote, do you think they voted no because of the review stipulation or simply because they didn't want to surrender?

[quote name='kevin32891' date='23 February 2010 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1266982947' post='2200454']
Why is it that you are so for us doing a beer review or equivalent? :huh:
[/quote]

To be honest? I'm not. I don't care all that much either way. All the NSO nations in range of me have been in peace mode for 2+ weeks, so essentially the war is already over for me.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='23 February 2010 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1266982903' post='2200453']

So I gave them my word.

[/quote]
This is why I'm glad you're in charge.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='23 February 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1266983292' post='2200463']
It doesn't have to be a beer review. I believe one of the IRON reviews was for a video game that a particular nation ruler enjoyed.

In regards to the vote, do you think they voted no because of the review stipulation or simply because they didn't want to surrender?

To be honest? I'm not. I don't care all that much either way. All the NSO nations in range of me have been in peace mode for 2+ weeks, so essentially the war is already over for me.
[/quote]
You could just surrender to us if you feel that way. The most you would get is white peace and not some crap beer review.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='23 February 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1266983292' post='2200463']
[/quote]
I think you are missing the broader view, they don't want to be forced to review anything; whether it's a beer, video game, or Taylor Swift review (which would be :awesome:). They want, expect, and deserve white peace.

[quote name='LiquidMercury' date='23 February 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1266957864' post='2199511']
I think we're going to be below blue after this. Orange peace now? Rebuild, take over the color spheres as admin intended. Huzzah! Wait, I'm actually on aqua....orange scum :P
[/quote]

It... it all makes sense.

:o

Somewhere, deep within the caverns of FallenSeraphim:

"Sir, our plan to set up orange has SUCCEEDED."

[/quote]
The vote was to not surrender. And I have given my word that we will not.

I am not blind. I am well aware of the statistical distance taking shape between our attackers and ourselves along with our effectual losing of the battle, but losing and leaving with an honorable clean and true white peace and surrendering and accepting terms, whatever they might be, are not the same thing.

My alliance was informed prior to the vote that voting in the affirmative could very well mean perpetual war and they still voted so overwhelmingly in support of it.

The NSO will never surrender so long as I am at the helm. Never.

Anyway, I can start my own little Q&A if you want but really I think I am running us way off the subject here with my little diatribes.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='23 February 2010 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1266981655' post='2200413']
Woah there Tiger.

From what my people are being told Fark has threatened TOP with a declaration if they continue to send us aid during our war and since it was readily agreed to by your government apparently it seems that you already have as much as you can handle.
[/quote]

I wasn't aware that we had caved to such pressure. I, for one, will continue to send money and soldiers to Kementari (a member of the New Sith Order) as often as I care to.

EDIT: apparently Yavanna deleted?!?!?

Edited by WalkerNinja

[quote name='ConeBone69' date='24 February 2010 - 03:50 AM' timestamp='1266983616' post='2200471']
I think you are missing the broader view, they don't want to be forced to review anything; whether it's a beer, video game, or Taylor Swift review (which would be :awesome:). They want, expect, and deserve white peace.
[/quote]

And we'll get it. Even if it means rotting at ZI(Which I already am)for the next six months.

[quote name='WalkerNinja' date='23 February 2010 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1266983828' post='2200479']
I wasn't aware that we had caved to such pressure. I, for one, will continue to send money and soldiers to Kementari (a member of the New Sith Order) as often as I care to.

EDIT: apparently Yavanna deleted?!?!?
[/quote]

I spent so much time looking for her nation :((

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='24 February 2010 - 01:21 AM' timestamp='1266974678' post='2200219']
Well usually when TOP posts bad things about other alliances it means we would like to see them burn. I guess CnG posts this way about everyone though so we had no reason to be concerned. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

You roll your eyes but that is pretty much it. Unless you see High Gov from our alliances making hostile posts, you should probably write it off as the blueballed angst of our bloodthirsty members.

[quote name='joracy' date='23 February 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1266985165' post='2200512']
I spent so much time looking for her nation :((
[/quote]

You're telling me, that's 9M dollars and 6k soldiers that disappeared into the Admin's ether...

:(

This is sad. While declaring war on a former ally and close friend hurts, defending your allies and honouring treaties is the right thing to do.

Good show, FOK. As much as it pains you to do this, you must realize that you are doing the right thing.

[quote name='tamerlane' date='24 February 2010 - 04:22 AM' timestamp='1266985566' post='2200526']
You roll your eyes but that is pretty much it. Unless you see High Gov from our alliances making hostile posts, you should probably write it off as the blueballed angst of our bloodthirsty members.
[/quote]

You are a fool if you think an alliances members' opinions don't weigh into the leaders decisions. Anyone with a brain knows this is just your excuse to post whatever you want and then claim it doesn't mean anything when confronted about it.

EDIT: Sorry Philosoraptor, I was posting this when you made your post.

Edited by Vladimir Stukov II