FOK Declaration of War

Divi Filius

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' date='23 February 2010 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1266986084' post='2200541']
This is sad. While declaring war on a former ally and close friend hurts, defending your allies and honouring treaties is the right thing to do.

Good show, FOK. As much as it pains you to do this, you must realize that you are doing the right thing.
[/quote]

A month too late imo. I'd give them credit if they jumped right on us. This move just highlights how glorious a war we are waging when a month later they still need a major alliance like FOK to pile on with odds this much against us. They can save the faux sorrow over DoWing a former longtime friend when our backs are to the wall. FOK can suck an egg.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dilber' date='23 February 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1266986524' post='2200551']
I don't know why TOP didn't see this coming. It's not the first time FOK has done this to their "former friends".
[/quote]

So they should just ignore that TOP attacked their direct treaty partner?

[quote name='Dilber' date='23 February 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1266986524' post='2200551']
I don't know why TOP didn't see this coming. It's not the first time FOK has done this to their "former friends".
[/quote]

We'll see if they think Grem and Umbrella are needed next month.

I'll be shocked if you have any allies left after this War, TOP. It seems all you do now-a-days is push away the only allies you have left; not surprising really. Should I expect an IRON cancellation any time soon ?

[quote name='TonytheTiger' date='23 February 2010 - 11:52 PM' timestamp='1266987342' post='2200568']
We'll see if they think Grem and Umbrella are needed next month.
[/quote]

Big difference here, TOP has a treaty with Umbrella still correct? And Gremlins are involved in attacking IRON right now I believe.

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='23 February 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1266987510' post='2200573']
If they were a true friend to both, they would help out trying to secure peace.
[/quote]

If TOP were a true friend they wouldn't attack the direct treaty partners of their allies.

[quote name='KingEd' date='24 February 2010 - 05:53 AM' timestamp='1266987437' post='2200571']
I'll be shocked if you have any allies left after this War, TOP. It seems all you do now-a-days is push away the only allies you have left; not surprising really. Should I expect an IRON cancellation any time soon ?
[/quote]
FOK wasn't allied to TOP anymore, and considering FOK declared on TOP, not sure who was pushing whom away.

That said, seeing as you aren't a friend of TOP, I doubt you have any clue about TOP's friends, and whether they are less or more likely to stand by TOP in the future.

[quote name='KingEd' date='23 February 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1266987437' post='2200571']
[/quote]
Yeah.. Pretty sure we'll still be friends after this.

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='23 February 2010 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1266987510' post='2200573']
If they were a true friend to both, they would help out trying to secure peace.
[/quote]

Like TOP did in Karma? Yeah, not happenin' FOK, like most of CN, is decent enough not to strong-arm their own side. Keep the baw taps open.

Edited by Xiphosis

[quote name='AirMe' date='24 February 2010 - 04:55 AM' timestamp='1266987549' post='2200578']
If TOP were a true friend they wouldn't attack the direct treaty partners of their allies.
[/quote]

When it was for sure that that direct treaty partner was going to attack TOP?

I'd say it's pretty reasonable in this situation to give some leniency.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='24 February 2010 - 05:05 AM' timestamp='1266988116' post='2200594']
Like TOP did in Karma? Yeah, not happenin' FOK, like most of CN, is decent enough not to strong-arm their own side. Keep the baw taps open.
[/quote]

Doing something decent is strong arming their own side? Keep the stupid taps open.

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='24 February 2010 - 12:12 AM' timestamp='1266988551' post='2200605']
When it was for sure that that direct treaty partner was going to attack TOP?

I'd say it's pretty reasonable in this situation to give some leniency.
[/quote]
I have high level intelligence stating that MK wasn't going to declare on TOP. Of course, what would I know? I'm only one of the guys that would have made a target list if we were planning to do it.

I think friendship stops at the end of the barrel.

I find it ridiculous that an alliance has to jump through hoops to concern themselves with a 'friend of a friend" aspect of the Cyberverse. If they wanted to be friends with the ally of an ally then they would just be allies right? Otherwise they are just acquaintences.

Acquaintences fight all the time.

[quote name='AirMe' date='24 February 2010 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1266987549' post='2200578']
[/quote]
By your logic, Gre stopped being TOP's true friend in the Karma war, right? :unsure:

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='23 February 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1266989139' post='2200620']
By your logic, Gre stopped being TOP's true friend in the Karma war, right? :unsure:
[/quote]

Would partially explain the exodus of so many Gre members to TOP.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='24 February 2010 - 12:22 AM' timestamp='1266989139' post='2200620']
[/quote]

No, but I would see where you guys assumed that the Gremlins friendship was over when they declared on IRON. Thanks for attempting to put words in my mouth though.

EDIT: And what Scorbolt said.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='24 February 2010 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1266989004' post='2200617']
I think friendship stops at the end of the barrel.

I find it ridiculous that an alliance has to jump through hoops to concern themselves with a 'friend of a friend" aspect of the Cyberverse. If they wanted to be friends with the ally of an ally then they would just be allies right? Otherwise they are just acquaintences.

Acquaintences fight all the time.
[/quote]
I feel that sometimes you should avoid fighting an ally of an ally. just out of respect for your ally because that puts them in a bad situation. But i think the fact that the situation comes up in the first place is stupid. Signing conflicting treaties is just asking for trouble, so i wouldnt do it in the first place.

[quote name='AirMe' date='24 February 2010 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1266989361' post='2200625']
No, but I would see where you guys assumed that the Gremlins friendship was over when they declared on IRON. Thanks for attempting to put words in my mouth though.

EDIT: And what Scorbolt said.
[/quote]
It was an honest question. I'm not putting words in, on or anywhere near your mouth.

Edit: To continue to be honest and plain-spoken with you, my response to that question if I was in your shoes would be yes, they probably did stop being true friends to TOP when they broke the Lux Aeterna to fight IRON. There are some in Gre who would argue otherwise but meh, I agree with your logic over theirs.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Scorbolt' date='23 February 2010 - 11:24 PM' timestamp='1266989272' post='2200622']
Would partially explain the exodus of so many Gre members to TOP.
[/quote]

Two separate issues and most definitely not connected. Either way isn't a debate for this topic.