Official Announcement from the Grand Global Alliance

Iotupa

[quote name='New Frontier' date='23 February 2010 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1266983730' post='2200474']
Dementual is a good guy.

Gondor supports this.
[/quote]
Clearly you set him in place and orchestrated this coup; you're worse than Archon. :((

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Locke' date='23 February 2010 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1266984118' post='2200487']
Clearly you set him in place and orchestrated this coup; you're worse than Archon. :((
[/quote]
You didn't [i]really[/i] think the old gang would have been complete without me, did you? :smug:

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='23 February 2010 - 09:16 PM' timestamp='1266988819' post='2200611']
As previously stated, I hoped JB & Co. can get this all sorted out.

But I can't resist....

Is there a Level 9 Coup Medal?
[/quote]
[b]There is now.[/b]

...welp, I was just informed that I can't run the medal ceremony anymore. I'll have to get back to you on that.

[quote name='simon2269' date='23 February 2010 - 08:17 AM' timestamp='1266931267' post='2198940']
I am not a frequent poster on these forums as I have found it is better to be quiet and look a fool than open my mouth and prove it. Something many GGA'ers of old should have remembered. Today i have made an exception, i have today resigned from the GGA, they have been my only alliance and i do not know now where to go or even to continue at all, thankfully i am away tomorrow for a couple of days (touring my nation) so will have time to ponder on my options.

I have posted to state my reason behind my decision. I do not know whether or not the current newly installed government of GGA will be any better than any of their predecessors, as only time will tell how successful they will be or even if they will last. I sincerely hope that they do improve the GGA, however each of you define that, for me it will be to maintain a community of people who enjoy doing what they do. My reason for leaving is simple, this very same proposal (with minor changes in personal and positions) with this very same name was put to the general membership of the GGA, it was debated at length and a vote took place, that vote was lost by DM and RM. A coup has now been put it place and these very same rejected ideas how been forced upon the membership. It is not the change that i object to, although i voted against it in the format it was, it is the manner of change that i do not agree with and by remaining a member of the GGA i tacitly approve of the methods and mechanism employed when i aboslutely do not. Had the membership voted and apporved the change and those changes were made i would have stayed and doen what i could to help them succeed.

I wish you good luck in the future GGA and hope this new leadership brings stability back to my former home.
[/quote]

Cheers to you even though i dont know you, a very respectable and needed post given that this is the truth. And I wouldnt expect anything but the truth from a general member. Good luck in your endeavors.

[quote name='simon2269' date='23 February 2010 - 05:17 AM' timestamp='1266931267' post='2198940']
I am not a frequent poster on these forums as I have found it is better to be quiet and look a fool than open my mouth and prove it. Something many GGA'ers of old should have remembered. Today i have made an exception, i have today resigned from the GGA, they have been my only alliance and i do not know now where to go or even to continue at all, thankfully i am away tomorrow for a couple of days (touring my nation) so will have time to ponder on my options.

I have posted to state my reason behind my decision. I do not know whether or not the current newly installed government of GGA will be any better than any of their predecessors, as only time will tell how successful they will be or even if they will last. I sincerely hope that they do improve the GGA, however each of you define that, for me it will be to maintain a community of people who enjoy doing what they do. My reason for leaving is simple, this very same proposal (with minor changes in personal and positions) with this very same name was put to the general membership of the GGA, it was debated at length and a vote took place, that vote was lost by DM and RM. A coup has now been put it place and these very same rejected ideas how been forced upon the membership. It is not the change that i object to, although i voted against it in the format it was, it is the manner of change that i do not agree with and by remaining a member of the GGA i tacitly approve of the methods and mechanism employed when i aboslutely do not. Had the membership voted and apporved the change and those changes were made i would have stayed and doen what i could to help them succeed.

I wish you good luck in the future GGA and hope this new leadership brings stability back to my former home.
[/quote]

You, sir, are win. Any alliance would love you in their ranks :)

[quote name='Haflinger' date='23 February 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1266994412' post='2200957']
Well, except for GGA, apparently.

Any [i]good[/i] alliance :D
[/quote]
Oh aren't you just an adorable one yes you are I just want to pinch your little cheeks aww. :D

[quote name='TheListener' date='23 February 2010 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1266994621' post='2200965']
I'll go ahead and say good luck to my friends Dementual and Roy Mustang. Enjoy trying to revive one of the many powers that has been slowly dying since early 2009.
[/quote]
You can expect we'll be giving it our utmost. Thank you my friend.

[quote name='Dementual' date='24 February 2010 - 07:06 AM' timestamp='1266995391' post='2201019']
You can expect we'll be giving it our utmost. Thank you my friend.
[/quote]
I have faith in you. If there's anything I personally can do, please let me know.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='24 February 2010 - 07:47 AM' timestamp='1266997885' post='2201111']
Ah yes, MK is taking up its new role of Defender of the GGA's Honour!

just... lol.
[/quote]

Yes Haf, its all our fault right? You guys have nothing constructive to argue about anymore eh.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='24 February 2010 - 02:47 AM' timestamp='1266997885' post='2201111']

just... lol.
[/quote]
Or just pointing out that the pot is calling the kettle black. I don't like GGA nor do I think they have anything worth being defended, but your alliance is no better than they are.

[quote name='Locke' date='23 February 2010 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1266984118' post='2200487']
[/quote]
Look at the address of their new website.

[b]thegalacticrepublic[/b].net/ggaunited

Yeah. That's right. :smug:

[quote name='Haflinger' date='24 February 2010 - 01:47 AM' timestamp='1266997885' post='2201111']

just... lol.
[/quote]
My definition of defense really isn't "throwing someone's insult back in their face with a 'pot meet kettle' statement."

[quote name='simon2269' date='23 February 2010 - 08:17 AM' timestamp='1266931267' post='2198940']
My reason for leaving is simple, this very same proposal (with minor changes in personal and positions) with this very same name was put to the general membership of the GGA, it was debated at length and a vote took place, that vote was lost by DM and RM. A coup has now been put it place and these very same rejected ideas how been forced upon the membership.
[/quote]

That's one hell of a misremembering, there. It's generally considered poor form to flatout lie about someone who is trying to help you.

Edited by roymustang

So Jonathan, I respect your superficial efforts to revive the GGA, but what [i]exactly[/i] are you planning on doing? You've been leader before, although under different circumstances. May I be so inclined to ask what you feel even needs to be done? Everyone can agree on it's current state, but more often that not, the more popular solution involves a place without GGA at all.