Official Announcement from the Grand Global Alliance

Iotupa

[quote name='roymustang' date='24 February 2010 - 05:16 PM' timestamp='1267060816' post='2202334']
That's one hell of a misremembering, there. It's generally considered poor form to flatout lie about someone who is trying to help you.
[/quote]

There is nothing inaccurate about Simon's statement at all. A coup was put to a vote of the membership and it was overwhelming voted down. While the pieces and personalities have changed slightly, if the membership voted the coup down when it had the chance, how do you expect them to like it more when it is foisted upon them by force?

This tendency by the coup promoters to call their critics "liars" is a curious one. It makes it seem like you are all reading from the same bubble gum package "how to" guide on coups.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Momonishiki' date='24 February 2010 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1267061775' post='2202350']
There is nothing inaccurate about Simon's statement at all. A coup was put to a vote of the membership and it was overwhelming voted down. While the pieces and personalities have changed slightly, if the membership voted the coup down when it had the chance, how do you expect them to like it more when it is foisted upon them by force?[/quote]
No such thing happened. What was put forth was a reorganization of the government. A change in structure, and leadership. Most notably a change to the Triumvirate system. It's worth noting that although it was indeed voted down by the membership, the majority of those votes were cast before those members even read the various explanations, but rather only saw the establishment's ad hominem attacks against Dementual and myself. Also, had the proposal been approved by the membership, it then would have also needed to be taken up by the Triumvirate, as the Charter stipulated. Nothing about the proposal that you and simon refer to could possibly be construed as a coup. There was no violence involved, and absolutely everyone was given a say, even if it was laughably unproductive (as yours was).
As for the pieces, I'd charge that maintaining a Triumvirate is completely different from establishing a powerful Head of State. I will, however, admit that our original proposal shares the name of this announcement. Despite that, that does not make them one and the same, as you seem to think they are.

[quote]This tendency by the coup promoters to call their critics "liars" is a curious one. It makes it seem like you are all reading from the same bubble gum package "how to" guide on coups.
[/quote]
I speak only the truth, and you know it Momo. Were the old forums available (their removal was not our doing, either), I would gladly demonstrate as much. But then again, perhaps you too are misremembering?

[quote name='Momonishiki' date='24 February 2010 - 05:32 PM' timestamp='1267061775' post='2202350']
There is nothing inaccurate about Simon's statement at all. A coup was put to a vote of the membership and it was overwhelming voted down. While the pieces and personalities have changed slightly, if the membership voted the coup down when it had the chance, how do you expect them to like it more when it is foisted upon them by force?[/quote]
I suppose when you're being blinded by hatred you lose your scruples. But it's alright, I suppose.

[quote]This tendency by the coup promoters to call their critics "liars" is a curious one. It makes it seem like you are all reading from the same bubble gum package "how to" guide on coups.
[/quote]
There's a distinct difference between providing critical commentary and misinformed commentary.

[quote name='Nintenderek' date='26 February 2010 - 02:40 AM' timestamp='1267110825' post='2203040']
I think we all know what happened last time there was a coup in GGA. Hopefully, this ends better for GGA than Bilrow's version of this.
[/quote]

It wasnt that bad..we did get one great final topic from he who shall remain nameless :P

[quote name='Imperator Hades' date='25 February 2010 - 07:22 AM' timestamp='1267111586' post='2203055']
It wasnt that bad..we did get one great final topic from he who shall remain nameless :P
[/quote]

Your right, the last three years of hell for the GGA was completely worth it just because of that one topic.

[quote name='Dementual' date='25 February 2010 - 02:52 AM' timestamp='1267062980' post='2202374']
I suppose when you're being blinded by hatred you lose your scruples. But it's alright, I suppose.

There's a distinct difference between providing critical commentary and misinformed commentary.
[/quote]

You should inform your fellow conspirator of this

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' date='22 February 2010 - 10:11 PM' timestamp='1266873329' post='2197793']
In fact, in the interest of full disclosure, I'm just going to tell everyone here: Andre is a liar.
[/quote]

I have seen this a number of times now: the moment a former member of the GGA disagrees with you, you claim they are liars and/or twisting facts.

Could it be that it is the other way around? There was a vote within the GGA and amongst other things this included a vote to enter Dementual and Roy Mustang into leadership positions. Through the vote this proposal was soundly defeated and now you throw a coup?

Sorry DM, RM and whoever else, if you believe a coup will save the GGA you are sourly mistaken. In fact it has already driven away those few remaining active members.

This whole mess is just sad, not to mention it's a slap in the face of those friends/allies who have been there for the GGA.

I do not possible see how you can say this coup is anyway a major difference then the one that was voted down. and i for one read it after you guys explained how you were going to make GGA so much better. so yes there are some that read it with your explanations. so there you go with your lies. you guys pretty much said u were going to make programs that were mandatory for members to participate in that the current leaders/ministry people were trying to get people to sign up for. hence nothing new except you were making it mandatory. so stop calling everyone that doesn't agree with your coup and lair.

[quote name='tiddles' date='25 February 2010 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1267136486' post='2203667']
I do not possible see how you can say this coup is anyway a major difference then the one that was voted down. and i for one read it after you guys explained how you were going to make GGA so much better. so yes there are some that read it with your explanations. so there you go with your lies. you guys pretty much said u were going to make programs that were mandatory for members to participate in that the current leaders/ministry people were trying to get people to sign up for. hence nothing new except you were making it mandatory. so stop calling everyone that doesn't agree with your coup and lair.
[/quote]
Because what was voted down wasn't a coup? Because what was voted down involved less people, and different positions? Because, surprisingly enough, people seemed to be coming around to our point of view around the time the thread was closed (or, if they weren't agreeing with us, they were at least discussing things rationally rather than spouting off the same old tired points, as Andre did)? Because you're making a big deal out of something that isn't that big a deal (the personnel)? I don't think any of us have stated we intend to run the GGA by fiat, and Shane and I have, at various points, considered stepping down from these positions we currently hold if that is a sticking point? Because honestly, if you really just have an issue with me, then I will gladly step down. I am in the position I'm in because I want to save the GGA from up and dying. If the way for me to do that is to step down, then I will do it in a heartbeat. [OOC: I could be spending the time I've spent on the GGA sleeping, or working, or being with my girlfriend, or any number of things. I don't want power, I don't care about power, and I certainly don't need power, or it's attendant headaches. For me, the game ceases to be fun with too much power. And when this game ceases to be fun for me (again), I will quit (again). It's a certainty.]

[quote]Sorry DM, RM and whoever else, if you believe a coup will save the GGA you are sourly mistaken. In fact it has already driven away those few remaining active members.[/quote] Andre, at least we will be able to say we did not stand by idly while everything burned down around us.

[quote]Andre, at least we will be able to say we did not stand by idly while everything burned down around us.
[/quote]

GGA been burning to the ground..GGA was burning to the ground before Andre took any high positions..Not even a fire fighter could have stop GGA from burning to the ground...Pfffft <_<

Edited by mylife125

[quote name='roymustang' date='26 February 2010 - 03:18 AM' timestamp='1267150928' post='2204216']
Andre, at least we will be able to say we did not stand by idly while everything burned down around us.
[/quote]

So instead you decided to throw a can of petrol on it?

I dare say that there were glimpses of hope for the GGA and the hard work of Manfred, Quianna and i was finally starting to show some dividend.

GGA members were able to stand proud again and even though the GGA was defeated in the last war it got respect for engaging a far larger opponent to defend an ally.

The GGA government was stable for a long time, thereby taking away the fuel for those joking about GGA governmental instability.

With this coup all these glimmers of hope have been destroyed. How does it feel to have killed (dare i say yet another) alliance?

Edited by andre27

GGA has been in a downward spiral for quite a while, as evidenced by the exodus of members and the distinct lack of respect shown it on the world stage. Demonizing JB and others for attempting to change GGA from a series of political failures and poor decisions to a viable alliance once again is a bit silly.

GGA was my first home, and I welcome their attempt to resurrect and rebuild a once honorable alliance.

*PS- Obligatory "lolgga"

Edit: Spell ck good...

Edited by Ogre the Magnificent

[quote name='andre27' date='25 February 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1267166248' post='2204586']
So instead you decided to throw a can of petrol on it?

I dare say that there were glimpses of hope for the GGA and the hard work of [u]Manfred[/u], Quianna and [u]i[/u] was finally starting to show some dividend. [/quote]
I stopped reading right about here, when I remembered all the votes to merge/disband the alliance you put in.

And to think, when we suggested to the membership our idea, you specific two were the most against it, saying that in the next couple of months things would be better. What was it, 4 days after that that you voted to disband? :rolleyes:

Sure, let's tell the members we've got some sort of 3-month plan going on to save the alliance then vote in favor of ending it several times.

And you're trying to call [i]us[/i] traitors and liars.

But, I digress. Enjoy your new home, andre.

I'll be the first to admit that we discussed disbanding the GGA in the Triumvirate, but that was strictly speaking a balloon to finally get Shane to discuss those things nobody in a leadership position [i]really[/i] wants to talk about.

And it should be mentioned that this discussion took place before the war against MHA.
Despite loses to infra it did wake up sleeping members and GGA members could walk tall again.

And if you stop reading than you close your eyes to the truth that this coup is the deathblow. I'll be very surprised if the GGA still exists in a month from now.

Edited by andre27

[quote name='roymustang' date='24 February 2010 - 08:49 PM' timestamp='1267062774' post='2202371']
No such thing happened. What was put forth was a reorganization of the government. A change in structure, and leadership. Most notably a change to the Triumvirate system. It's worth noting that although it was indeed voted down by the membership, the majority of those votes were cast before those members even read the various explanations, but rather only saw the establishment's ad hominem attacks against Dementual and myself. Also, had the proposal been approved by the membership, it then would have also needed to be taken up by the Triumvirate, as the Charter stipulated. Nothing about the proposal that you and simon refer to could possibly be construed as a coup. There was no violence involved, and absolutely everyone was given a say, even if it was laughably unproductive (as yours was).
As for the pieces, I'd charge that maintaining a Triumvirate is completely different from establishing a powerful Head of State. I will, however, admit that our original proposal shares the name of this announcement. Despite that, that does not make them one and the same, as you seem to think they are.

I speak only the truth, and you know it Momo. Were the old forums available (their removal was not our doing, either), I would gladly demonstrate as much. But then again, perhaps you too are misremembering?
[/quote]

So your argument is that a government restructure was put forth to the membership, and they voted it down, but you went ahead and did it anyway because you assume they're too stupid to know what they were voting for?