Official Announcement from the Grand Global Alliance

Iotupa

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' date='02 March 2010 - 10:26 AM' timestamp='1267554601' post='2211499']
You are mistaken, because degenerate was the owner and the person who deleted the forums.
[/quote]

Just to put the facts straight, yes Degenerate was the one who took down the old forums. BUT, he took them down only as a response to the fact that the perpetrators of the coup had defaced the old forum by replacing its content with a page saying (and I quote only from imperfect memory here) "The government of the GGA has failed you and failed to make the changes necessary for the success of the alliance, and it has been replaced. Please go register at the new forums at xxxxxxx."

I would also point out that in public irc communications, JB had made it clear that Degenerate's ownership of the forums was something unwanted since Degenerate was accused of not having a nation or being a member. In fact, Degenerate had re-rolled and does have a nation.

In any event, Degenerate acted quite properly to take down the old forums once they had been defaced and twisted into an instrument of the coup.

Edited by Momonishiki

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Momonishiki' date='02 March 2010 - 10:49 AM' timestamp='1267556008' post='2211514']
Just to put the facts straight, yes Degenerate was the one who took down the old forums. BUT, he took them down only as a response to the fact that the perpetrators of the coup had defaced the old forum by replacing its content with a page saying (and I quote only from imperfect memory here) "The government of the GGA has failed you and failed to make the changes necessary for the success of the alliance, and it has been replaced. Please go register at the new forums at xxxxxxx." [/quote]

They were deleted because we put up a notice?

[OOC: We set the forums to Offline Mode and put a message up. I missed the part where we "defaced" anything.]

All I saw was that the forums had a message saying they were "offline." I forget the rest.

That was the first notice of a coup I had.

But at that point, I believe the orders were for everyone to go to Dementual's forums, which he had set up previously for his emperor vote thing. There was a lot of chatter on IRC. Questions as to what was going on, etc. At some point that night, the old forums were deleted. There was a lot of confusion (on my part at least) as to who had done what.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter. The charter was tossed aside by 1/3 of the Triumvirate, with help from the Regent and a couple outsiders. The forums are important, but are almost a side note, compared to everything else that happened.

[quote name='Laomedon' date='03 March 2010 - 04:15 AM' timestamp='1267589953' post='2212246']

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter. The charter was tossed aside by 1/3 of the Triumvirate, with help from the Regent and a couple outsiders. The forums are important, but are almost a side note, compared to everything else that happened.
[/quote]
I'd rather have an ineffective government tossed aside by a patriotic minority than have the whole thing thrown away on the whim of the weak majority.