Joint Statement

Canik

[quote name='Nizzle' date='18 February 2010 - 02:35 AM' timestamp='1266478509' post='2189216']
This devolved into trashing the alliances in the OP, no way! :awesome:

I would be careful with that, some of those on your side of the war used oA's to assist overwhelmed alliances.
[/quote]

Indeed, like the ghost DoW that GR did to get TFD/WAPA on NATO.

That said, I'm not talking about the specifics of the treaty, I'm talking about the intent of the declaration; FoB was posing no threat to IRON that required the assistance of NATO or TFD.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alterego' date='17 February 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1266478773' post='2189228']
Dont forget PC
[/quote]

Don't know where you're going with this. If you mean the NpO vs. \m/ conflict, that was through a mandatory defensive clause. If you mean TOP/C&G, PC wasn't even involved until treaties activated. Where's the CB-less aggression?

[quote name='Haflinger' date='18 February 2010 - 02:42 AM' timestamp='1266478976' post='2189238']
I look forward to your declaration of war on FAN.
[/quote]

ODN isn't at war with FAN, and therefore your comments are irrelevant and worthless, seeing as ODN doesn't get to determine whether or FAN gets peace

[quote name='Lusitan' date='18 February 2010 - 02:41 AM' timestamp='1266478863' post='2189234']
Actually it has nothing to do with that. NATO had their friends in IRON in a tough position and joined in to relieve them from a situation that wasn't entirely their fault they were caughted in, regardless of agreeing with the move made or not. As for TFD, the nature of our bond with NATO generally takes us where they go and vice-versa. They sure had no problem in coming with us against Umbrella on oA just three weeks ago, we weren't going to leave them hanging now either.

NATO had the opportunity to stay out? Yes, they had. Would you leave one of your CnG friends die alone because of a badly thought move? Somehow I doubt it.
[/quote]

Oh Lusitan, of course they wouldn't, but thats because it is an MADP not an MDoAP! Everyone knows it is only the treaty itself, not the spirit behind the treaty that matters, why just ask Gre! :lol1:

[quote name='Shinpah' date='18 February 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1266478990' post='2189240']
Indeed, like the ghost DoW that GR did to get TFD/WAPA on NATO.

That said, I'm not talking about the specifics of the treaty, I'm talking about the intent of the declaration; FoB was posing no threat to IRON that required the assistance of NATO or TFD.
[/quote]

Yeah, sort of like all of the other war declarations that weren't needed. Choose your arguments carefully here.

[quote name='PakAttack' date='18 February 2010 - 02:42 AM' timestamp='1266478947' post='2189235']
I applaud this announcement. Someone is trying to [s]end this conflict in an honorable way[/s] save their infrastructure.
[/quote]
Honorable would be a surrender, not offering white peace when you are in no position to do such a thing.

[quote name='Comrade Korey' date='18 February 2010 - 12:46 AM' timestamp='1266479197' post='2189255']
Honorable would be a surrender, not offering white peace when you are in no position to do such a thing.
[/quote]

Do you realize how hilarious this is coming from someone wearing the NpO tag? You folks aren't in much of a position to comment on this war in any way, shape, or form.

[quote name='Shinpah' date='18 February 2010 - 02:44 AM' timestamp='1266479042' post='2189243']
ODN isn't at war with FAN, and therefore your comments are irrelevant and worthless, seeing as ODN doesn't get to determine whether or FAN gets peace
[/quote]
Hey, that's up to them. All they need is that little declaration and they get to determine it.

Or are you controlling ODN foreign policy now? :v:

I can only say that it's no surprise that this announcement was going to get trolled and laughed at.

That's fine. The reason SNAFU signed on to it was not because we expect anyone to surrender to us, but because we wanted out there the values that we stand for. Any of you may point to alliances on this list and say, but wait, they did this, or that in the past when it came to terms. That's all well and good, but any alliance that has signed on to this statement has pledged to not require any term other than neutrality for the duration of this conflict.

Maybe that doesn't wash away the sins of the past, or prevent the excesses of the future, but for the here and now, anyone the above named alliances face can know that should they need to leave the field they will not be condemning their friends to anything but the end of hostilities should their time come.

There is no admission of defeat, no loopholes, and no promise that the longer the war goes on the worse the terms get.

So yes, we may be playing the losing hand, but we're laying all the cards on the table.

[quote name='Nizzle' date='18 February 2010 - 01:47 AM' timestamp='1266479259' post='2189259']
Do you realize how hilarious this is coming from someone wearing the NpO tag? You folks aren't in much of a position to comment on this war in any way, shape, or form.
[/quote]
I'll do it then.

And hey, that worked for us too. :awesome:

[quote name='Nizzle' date='18 February 2010 - 02:45 AM' timestamp='1266479121' post='2189250']
Yeah, sort of like all of the other war declarations that weren't needed. Choose your arguments carefully here.
[/quote]

I'm not acting as an arbiter against every oA declaration in this war; only 2
It's an important point to learn; I don't seek to push others around with my own views of the world, only those that seek to interfere with us.

[quote][color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]Hey, that's up to them. All they need is that little declaration and they get to determine it.[/size][/font][/color][color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]
[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]Or are you controlling ODN foreign policy now? :v:[/size][/font][/color][/quote]

[font="Arial"]Yes [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif[/img][/font]

I wouldn't be surprised if half those alliances are forcibly disbanded because of Supergrievances not wanting to end this war. After all, this is just the clean-up that should have happened months ago, amirite? Nobody has hidden the fact they want Valhalla, TORN, TOP, IRON and various other former Pacifican Hegemonic elements to disband on the Supergrievances side. After this, there will be virtually no opposition in Supergrievances way. They'll be free to rule with an iron fist more so than NPO ever did. What a truly sad state Planet Bob has become.

[sarcasm] o/ The Supergrievances Hegemony and whatnot [/sarcasm]

[quote name='Shinpah' date='18 February 2010 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1266479374' post='2189266']
I'm not acting as an arbiter against every oA declaration in this war; only 2
It's an important point to learn; I don't seek to push others around with my own views of the world, only those that seek to interfere with us.
[/quote]

Then you may want to be more specific as opposed to labeling all of those who used oAs. Next time, something like "Yet again, it's only wrong when my enemies do it."

[quote name='Earogema' date='18 February 2010 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1266479371' post='2189265']
I'll do it then.

And hey, that worked for us too. :awesome:
[/quote]

So, now that it came from someone who doesn't decide what side of a war they are on by the color shirt they are wearing that day, I shall say:

So now it's more honorable to surrender and offering white peace isn't cool? As an add on to that...now that they've indicated they want white peace...where are the offers from the other side who also state they want white peace? Interesting....

So here we have a group of losing, defeated alliances, who started, or supported an aggressive war, without a reason, and now that they've lost they are going to ask for white peace?

If MK and friends had lost this one they would be paying out the $@!.

So play the victim all you want, and use this for PR as much as you want, but it's still going to be a ridiculous and stupid offer.

[quote name='Stetson' date='18 February 2010 - 12:48 AM' timestamp='1266479337' post='2189264']
{...} any alliance that has signed on to this statement has pledged to not require any term other than neutrality for the duration of this conflict.

Maybe that doesn't wash away the sins of the past, or prevent the excesses of the future, but for the here and now, anyone the above named alliances face can know that should they need to leave the field they will not be condemning their friends to anything but the end of hostilities should their time come.

There is no admission of defeat, no loopholes, and no promise that the longer the war goes on the worse the terms get.

So yes, we may be playing the losing hand, but we're laying all the cards on the table.
[/quote]

I like that. If your alliance is struggling, you won't be leaving your friends to a fate worse than death. :P

[quote name='Haflinger' date='18 February 2010 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1266479264' post='2189260']
Hey, that's up to them. All they need is that little declaration and they get to determine it.

Or are you controlling ODN foreign policy now? :v:
[/quote]
lolwut?

The ODN is not at war with FAN- why would be demand reps from them :/

[quote name='Sunstar' date='17 February 2010 - 11:28 PM' timestamp='1266478093' post='2189190']
To those alliances who entered this war through an oA or without any treaty cause, I personally will need to see a lot more on the table before I consider peace to be an appropriate course of action for you.
[/quote]

I can think of some that have been given whitish peace after coming in to this war on an oA. GGA was one of them as they came into this for IRON who they have a none chaining MDoAP with. Are you saying now that this has changed and any alliance with an oA treaty will be offered different terms than what MHA gave them? Then again we are talking ODN and not all alliance can have the level of honor MHA has.

[quote name='Fort Pitt' date='17 February 2010 - 11:37 PM' timestamp='1266478648' post='2189222']
I'm going to go ahead and say that only the [u]irrelivant alliances [/u]of those listed above will be getting peace soon, unless you guys want to admit defeat. ;)

Like others, it ain't happening.
[/quote]

So are you saying you consider some of the alliance at war in defense of their allies to be irrelevant alliances on your side of things? I know we count all our allies as relevant alliances and appreciate all they have given.
Looks like the meat shield mentality is strong in this one.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='18 February 2010 - 02:42 AM' timestamp='1266478976' post='2189238']
I look forward to your declaration of war on FAN.
[/quote]
- What I actually said: Alliances attacking the ODN with no cause will need to find a way to repay for the senseless damage they caused before I will [i]personally[/i] consider peace a reasonable option.
- What you implied I said: The ODN is evil and will attack any alliance which declares an aggressive war against anyone at any and all points in the future.

We go back a long time Haf, but please don't try to twist my words so horrendously.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='18 February 2010 - 02:29 AM' timestamp='1266478148' post='2189196']
Pass. I'm not in this to back out just because it's getting tough. You can't offer me anything that would convince me to bail on my allies.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Of course you're not going to back out. You're on the winning side. Please, spare us your pointless posturing. We know you aren't as tough as you'd like to lead us to believe.

Also, in case any of you are wondering, FAIL is not interested in peace at the moment. We will not rest until all our enemies either lay at our feet or are pleading for us to allow them to continue on with their pathetic existences.[/color]