Federation of Armed Nations Announcement

eesmith4

[quote name='Watson895' date='01 February 2010 - 05:51 AM' timestamp='1264999904' post='2149611']
And attack what nations? The 3 actually in range of us?
[/quote]
Didn't they attacked you friends, as well? Or something,...

No sweat. You said it yourself. You are "playing bait" for IRON's allies.
Obviously, the strategic move was to not do the same for TOP's as well. Some of them are more liked and connected to some other people,....and stuff,..would be messy for them.

Its war. People understand. Carry on.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='31 January 2010 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1264998735' post='2149582']
That is untrue. I have had dialogue with mpol for months. Our request for assistance from FAN was because of that leader to leader interaction. We did not make such a request from anyone else. [/quote]

What Ivan says is the truth. I do not speak for mpol but I can say that FAN does indeed respect NSO and mpol and Ivan have been in personal communication for some time now. Unfortunately, the "sides" of the current conflict meant that FAN would not be riding at NSO's side in this war. It is unfortunate that a few people have managed to turn this thread into a FAN vs NSO pissing contest as FAN declared on IRON, not NSO. FAN wishes NSO no ill will and they will do what they feel they have to do. FAN will do the same. Obviously a few people took this fight to the dirt really fast and I can only ask them to refrain from it from this point on.

[quote name='Chron' date='31 January 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1265000025' post='2149618']
You know, sometimes I wish Jaxon would just keep his mouth shut, when he doesn't know what he's talking about.

/sigh

Please don't take him seriously.
[/quote]

Smartest thing said all day. There is a reason he has been in so many alliances.

[quote name='Chron' date='31 January 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1265000025' post='2149618']
You know, sometimes I wish Jaxon would just keep his mouth shut, when he doesn't know what he's talking about.

/sigh

[/quote]

Ah yes, he was with us once. We feel your pain.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='31 January 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1265000147' post='2149623']
Perhaps you missed my post above, aside from that, where have I been flustered?

Fark had to ask you for help with IRON? Bit off more than they can chew?
[/quote]
Have you looked at the current sides? Ill help you out(i might be missing one or two, just check the spreadsheet in my sig)

Supergrievances have 3,887/112,346,884/28,129(nations/TNS/Nukes) While TOP/IRON side(as of the OoS DoW) have 1,145/43,155,556/11,390(nations/TNS/nukes)

E: BTW, FAN, where did you get all those nukes from? good lawd

Edited by wickedj

[quote name='Chron' date='31 January 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1265000025' post='2149618']

/sigh

[/quote]

If we knew that Jaxon would leave #fan because we declared on Iron. We might have done so before now.

[quote name='wickedj' date='01 February 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1265001313' post='2149669']
Have you looked at the current sides? Ill help you out(i might be missing one or two, just check the spreadsheet in my sig)

Supergrievances have 3,887 112,346,884 28,129(nations/TNS/Nukes) While TOP/IRON side(as of the OoS DoW) have 1,145 43,155,556 11,390(nations/TNS/nukes)

E: BTW, FAN, where did you get all those nukes from? good lawd
[/quote]
Yes, I am aware of the breakdown. That is why I was surprised when Watson stated Fark asked FAN for assistance.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='01 February 2010 - 01:24 AM' timestamp='1265001848' post='2149713']
Yes, I am aware of the breakdown. That is why I was surprised when Watson stated Fark asked FAN for assistance.
[/quote]
I did not say Fark asked for assistance at any point.

They asked if we were joining.

Edited by Watson895

[quote name='Watson895' date='31 January 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1264999850' post='2149608']
Of course so. I just don't understand why Ivan should get so flustered should we decide to help people we have a FAR stronger relationship with, when they ask.

Here is the less obvious implication of this DoW. We just attacked IRON, they didn't attack us. Allies still going to sit this war out? Either way, guess who they will attack.

Love of god, you act as bait and people still call you cowards. Is there no way to please some people?
[/quote]
I read the first paragraph as FAN agreeing to help Fark after they asked, which would imply that they asked for help, right?

[quote name='Quiziotle' date='01 February 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1265002179' post='2149730']
lol

I adore how everyone complaining about this announcement supported an unprovoked, aggressive war against CnG. At least FAN [i]has[/i] a reason to attack IRON.
[/quote]
False.

As the longest fighting alliance in the war I can say definitively that I voiced disagreement with the plan to attack CnG pre-emptively. I disagreed with most of the "grand scheme" operations in this conflict.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='01 February 2010 - 01:00 AM' timestamp='1265004028' post='2149900']
Maybe, but I'm betting FAN feels it's a pretty safe bet that they won't.

Pretty [i]real[/i] safe.
[/quote]

They come from the age when allies defended each other. And quit honestly I think they'd enjoy being attacked by those allies, considering they're even calling themselves bait.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' date='31 January 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1264995853' post='2149434']
This situation is quite different. At the time of the Second VietFAN war, IRON declared war alongside NPO, and NPO might not have been able to fare well taking on FAN without assistance. Plus, they were supporting an openly treatied ally. FAN now, however, has waited for its enemy to be defeated by others, is not needed in this conflict whatsoever, and simply declares war simply for the sake of image. They expect us to believe they're tough because they're going to war, but this folly of theirs is easy to see through.
[/quote]
Wait, really?

I mean, NPO had the entirety of The Initiative, to the point where TOP was just on reserve, and IRON, an alliance that had never fought at the time, would be the one to beat FAN?

Come on.

[quote name='Earogema' date='01 February 2010 - 06:03 AM' timestamp='1265004233' post='2149919']
Wait, really?

I mean, NPO had the entirety of The Initiative, to the point where TOP was just on reserve, and IRON, an alliance that had never fought at the time, would be the one to beat FAN?

Come on.
[/quote]
I'm serious. Please ignore Jaxon.

He really...Just doesn't know what he's talking about here, I apologize for him.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='01 February 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1265004146' post='2149914']
They come from the age when allies defended each other. And quit honestly I think they'd enjoy being attacked by those allies, considering they're even calling themselves bait.
[/quote]

The last time we were involved in a war: there were no navies, a large nation was 30k NS, FAN was the only alliance with warchests, and when a DoW was posted, treaty partners counterattacked usually within an hour or two.

Apparently, things have changed a bit more than we thought.

To Ivan/NSO: I echo [b]Bad Ju Ju[/b]'s statement above. The current treaties are so intertwined that this war seemed impossible without many treaties ignored, ending up with a bit of confusion as to who is who's best friends, who are good friends, and who is not a friend.

Apparently, FAN dumped the treaty thing at the right time, seeing the value they now hold. :(