Federation of Armed Nations Announcement

eesmith4

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='31 January 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1264994956' post='2149369']
Umm, what are you talking about?
[/quote]

You MDoAP'd an alliance to get a chance to enter an even war. You tried to [i]bandwagon[/i] on.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='31 January 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1264994862' post='2149357']
History is just that, history. We are judged by our most recent actions and endeavors. I know this better than most.

Just because an alliance has historically been a certain way does not automatically give them a free pass in regards to the judgement and opinions of others when they make a decision to jump in on a war against an alliance that is already outnumbered by a substantial margin.

Of course it is there right to bandwagon, and I can not fault them for it, but call it what it is.
[/quote]

Oh really?

Edited by Watson895

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' date='31 January 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1264994100' post='2149309']
Best of luck to our friends in FAN. Like I told you, we're ready to bandwagon onto a curbstomp then claim that we're great friends, just like you did.
[/quote]

Fixed that for you.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='01 February 2010 - 03:27 AM' timestamp='1264994877' post='2149361']
True enough. But don't tell them that, I don't want them pissing their pants when they see real enemy combatants for the first time in 2 years. It would be unbecoming.
[/quote]

Real enemy combatants? Then I don't suppose the folks that kept them in perma-ZI since the Second FAN war were fairies?

Good luck FAN!

[quote name='tamerlane' date='31 January 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1264995026' post='2149370']
Well if beer is out of the question, how about something with 4 wheels?
[/quote]

There is no rust on this fine, fine automobile.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='31 January 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1264994605' post='2149338']
Congrats on actually doing something FAN. I am a bit disappointed that you decided to just be another bandwagon alliance.

Not sure what that other declaration has to do with anything but okay, have fun.
[/quote]

[quote]Congrats on actually doing something FAN.[/quote]

Thank you Ivan.

[quote]I am a bit disappointed that you decided to just be another bandwagon alliance.[/quote]

Oh hardly. This is a very special bandwagoning. Payback's a !@#$%* eh?

[quote]I thought better of you.[/quote]

Oh well.

[quote]Not sure what that other declaration has to do with anything but okay, have fun.[/quote]

Thank you again. That's why we play the game.

[quote name='Watson895' date='31 January 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1264995192' post='2149384']
Oh really?
[/quote]
Indeed, we asked FAN to assist us when we were fighting a 10 to 1 war. Amazing.

I fail to understand how that equates to jumping in when the odds are already stacked almost 3 to 1 against IRON.

Can you explain that to me?

[quote name='Erich Ludendorff' date='31 January 2010 - 10:26 PM' timestamp='1264994793' post='2149353']
When you first said it in our thread, I thought you were just being obtuse. Now I'm convinced that you just don't know what the term means. Band wagoning refers to opportunism and taking advantage of a situation. We attacked as per our Code and Charter. They have both existed since our DoE, months ago, long before this conflict started. FAN is supporting friends, which you would know if you bothered to read/understand the OP.
[/quote]

When an alliance and its allies are already fighting at a near 3 to 1 disadvantage and you insist on declaring war on them anyway because you decide they are a "threat", it is opportunism and taking advantage of a situation. Your code and charter must be an interesting read. If it mentions honor, it certainly doesn't mean what you think it does.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='31 January 2010 - 11:34 PM' timestamp='1264995273' post='2149391']
Indeed, we asked FAN to assist us when we were fighting a 10 to 1 war. Amazing.

I fail to understand how that equates to jumping in when the odds are already stacked almost 3 to 1 against IRON.

Can you explain that to me?
[/quote]
Actually that was when you side was winning. Right after FOK! joined. it was far from 10 to 1, more like slightly in your favour. What would you have called us then?

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='31 January 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1264994605' post='2149338']
Congrats on actually doing something FAN. I am a bit disappointed that you decided to just be another bandwagon alliance. I thought better of you.

Not sure what that other declaration has to do with anything but okay, have fun.
[/quote]

Wait wait wait wait wait... Isn't there a whole doctrine for bandwagon jumping named after you?

[quote name='Poobah' date='31 January 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1264995193' post='2149385']
Fixed that for you.
[/quote]

Nope.

I don't need to "prove" my friendship to FAN. My relationship with FAN is between me and the 200 or so members between FAN and Corp. I will go in if FAN gets hit because it's something I have pledged to do, long before this conflict.