Federation of Armed Nations Announcement

eesmith4

[quote name='Chron' date='31 January 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1264997397' post='2149511']
The reference went tragically over your head.
[/quote]

If you were referencing something that I either didn't know about or don't remember, sue me.

But nonetheless NSO did in fact ask some alliance they had no prior relationship with for assistance, as was pointed out in this very thread which directly contradicts your statement, so I don't quite get where you're going with this.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='eesmith4' date='31 January 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1264997930' post='2149543']
oh crap, I didn't think about that. :o

Man, I really hope none of their treaty partners hit us, us being so vulnerable and all.... :awesome:
[/quote]

Maybe you should try and wave a big red cape around?

[quote name='DictatatorDan' date='31 January 2010 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1264997556' post='2149518']
Well this certainly isn't unexpected but its unneccesary. Oh well, I guess this will be one war where FAN doesn't get to become a martyr for its own glory. I admire your stength as a community, but this is just a lousy way to badwaggon against an old enemy.
[/quote]
Caveman says you aren't fighting vigorously enough, rough him up for me.

NSO members don't really need to continue here. We never held a treaty with FAN and I only had the word of its leader, which evidently doesn't mean anything. There is no reason to post here further.

Having the regular members of FAN post logs where we asked them for assistance based on a mutual respect I believed we held for one another and having them mock it is par for the course.

FAN obviously owes no justification to NSO for there actions.

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' date='01 February 2010 - 04:21 AM' timestamp='1264998063' post='2149550']
If you were referencing something that I either didn't know about or don't remember, sue me.

But nonetheless NSO did in fact ask some alliance they had no prior relationship with for assistance, as was pointed out in this very thread which directly contradicts your statement, so I don't quite get where you're going with this.
[/quote]...

I am referencing something you don't know about. No, I won't sue you, as all of my E-Lawyers are currently being forcibly conscripted into my nations armed forces. Moreover, that you would think we'd do something that stupid, without knowing the context, shows either an astounding amount of willful ignorance, or just plain regular ignorance on your part.

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' date='31 January 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1264998063' post='2149550']

[/quote]
That is untrue. I have had dialogue with mpol for months. Our request for assistance from FAN was because of that leader to leader interaction. We did not make such a request from anyone else.

And there is no one else to make such requests from considering that the only allies of NSO that didn't leave us out to dry are in Terra Cotta and Hydra.

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

Ah didn't know that.

Still seems a bit weird to me that FAN would be expected to help out NSO, but hey I'm not nearly as close to FAN as our leaders are.

[quote name='Chron' date='31 January 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1264998587' post='2149579']
Moreover, that you would think we'd do something that stupid, without knowing the context, shows either an astounding amount of willful ignorance, or just plain regular ignorance on your part.
[/quote]

...Or it shows that I just don't think very highly of you guys and wouldn't be surprised if you did something silly like that.

Edited by LegendoftheSkies

[quote name='Chron' date='01 February 2010 - 05:29 AM' timestamp='1264998587' post='2149579']

I am referencing something you don't know about. No, I won't sue you, as all of my E-Lawyers are currently being forcibly conscripted into my nations armed forces. Moreover, that you would think we'd do something that stupid, without knowing the context, shows either an astounding amount of willful ignorance, or just plain regular ignorance on your part.
[/quote]
I thought they were all busy working out why FAN should have joined NSO in this war.

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='31 January 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1264998639' post='2149580']
Oh jeez, sorry. A friend of mine (Caveman) is fighting an NSOer named dictator dan and I didn't read your name closely. My apologies!
[/quote]

Dont worry. Anybody that fights me generally loses.

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' date='31 January 2010 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1264998759' post='2149583']
Ah didn't know that.

Still seems a bit weird to me that FAN would be expected to help out NSO, but hey I'm not nearly as close to FAN as our leaders are.
[/quote]
That would be weird, thus the difference between a request and an expectation.

A request is us asking. And I was turned down and informed that FAN was friends with FOK and Fark, which complicated the issue, thus I have no qualms with FAN not coming to the aid of NSO, and never will. I simply find this declaration, regardless of whom the target is, to be a poor representation considering the rhetoric generally delivered by mpol, but that is just my opinion.

An expectation would be expecting an ally to not make a swift exit after you entered in there defense or having an ally listen to you when you tell them that declaring aggressively against noncombatants is a bad idea.

Oh well.

[quote name='neneko' date='01 February 2010 - 04:33 AM' timestamp='1264998784' post='2149584']
I thought they were all busy working out why FAN should have joined NSO in this war.
[/quote]
It was a request, not an expectation that they would. It never hurts to ask, isn't that common sense?

Why not declare on TOP too, then?
Dont want to active their treaties?

This is new, FAN, usually you didn't cared who was allied to who when attacking. ;D
Anyway, shame about mpol not being able to be here to declare this. It just doesn't feel the same.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Chron' date='01 February 2010 - 12:45 AM' timestamp='1264999511' post='2149599']
It was a request, not an expectation that they would. It never hurts to ask, isn't that common sense?
[/quote]
Of course so. I just don't understand why Ivan should get so flustered should we decide to help people we have a FAR stronger relationship with, when they ask.

Here is the less obvious implication of this DoW. We just attacked IRON, they didn't attack us. Allies still going to sit this war out? Either way, guess who they will attack.

Love of god, you act as bait and people still call you cowards. Is there no way to please some people?

[quote name='Branimir' date='01 February 2010 - 12:46 AM' timestamp='1264999619' post='2149602']
Why not declare on TOP too, then?
Dont want to active their treaties?
[/quote]
And attack what nations? The 3 actually in range of us?

[quote name='Chron' date='01 February 2010 - 05:45 AM' timestamp='1264999511' post='2149599']
[/quote]
No it was probably a great thing to ask. I just find the whole situation pretty entertaining.

A little because you somehow thought they would help you and a little bit because of the slander they got from you in the begining of this thread for joining without a paper when NSO have done that themselves and even asked FAN to join their side without papers.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='31 January 2010 - 10:42 PM' timestamp='1264995775' post='2149429']
I thought that was after Fark declared on us.

Regardless, it doesn't matter, it isn't the same situation.

Plus, declaring on IRON because they declared on you two years ago seems a bit stupid, but that is just me I guess.

It doesn't matter, have fun. That is why we are here. You weighed your options and made sure to join the winning side. I should not have expected anything different regardless of the situation.
[/quote]

Aww Cupcake, are things not going as planned?

[quote name='Watson895' date='01 February 2010 - 04:50 AM' timestamp='1264999850' post='2149608']
Of course so. I just don't understand why Ivan should get so flustered should we decide to help people we have a FAR stronger relationship with, when they ask.

Here is the less obvious implication of this DoW. We just attacked IRON, they didn't attack us. Allies still going to sit this war out? Either way, guess who they will attack.

Love of god, you act as bait and people still call you cowards. Is there no way to please some people?
[/quote]
I would honestly be surprised if you seriously thought IRON had any allies left who'd come to their defense other than the Sith. And we're already engaged.

Don't try and act like you did this to play bait, you're smart enough to know better.

[quote name='neneko' date='01 February 2010 - 04:52 AM' timestamp='1264999929' post='2149612']
No it was probably a great thing to ask. I just find the whole situation pretty entertaining.

A little because you somehow thought they would help you and a little bit because of the slander they got from you in the begining of this thread for joining without a paper when NSO have done that themselves and even asked FAN to join their side without papers.
[/quote]
You know, sometimes I wish Jaxon would just keep his mouth shut, when he doesn't know what he's talking about.

/sigh

Please don't take him seriously.

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Watson895' date='31 January 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1264999850' post='2149608']

[/quote]
Perhaps you missed my post above, aside from that, where have I been flustered?

Fark had to ask you for help with IRON? Bit off more than they can chew?