Polaris White Peaced.

iamthey

644 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He did. He informed STA, NSO, and NV immediately. We were going to be disseminating the information down the chains.

To be clear, this occurred while Ivan's connection was out and NSO gov didn't know about the peace until it was posted.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't you heard iamthey?, TOP's war is seperate because e-lawyers say we need a treaty in what has been called "a war of Coalitions"

In recent wars there have been quite a few instances of alliances hitting others when there was no direct treaty. I'm pretty sure it happened in the Karama war several times.

If the plans to hit CnG were discussed and planned with the governments of nations involved in the war then this should be considered the same war. Since the trend here is white peace then TOP/IRON/TORN should get the same if desired. Archon has apprently worked hard to end this war, to his credit. To stop now, or try to say these are two separate wars would really be telling.

To be frank I don't give anyone the credit of being able to successfully implement such a complicated and risky plan.

The thought that the loss of millions of NS and thousands of infrastructure was simply part of a complex gamble simply does not wash with me.

Plus the situation is still not clear. Later may bring yet more surprises.

/me facepalms.

There was no trap. TOP and company bungled things completely on their own.

I'm not sold on the trap notion myself but now that the war is ending and TOP and company entered the war only due to a delay in getting that information should they not get the same treatment (white peace) if requested? Now that the heart of the craziness is resolved lets just end this. If you want a seperate war it will happen eventually.

Edited by Authur

How long in advance did anyone know that TOP and IRON were going to attack?

Plus now that this happened I think everyone should be allowed to peace out if desired.

To my knowledge, NpO, NSO and STA for sure knew about it in advance. I think the whole NpO side knew of it.

edit: anyway, I don't think anyone was smart to make this happen. Grub either made a big mistake on not telling TOP/IRON/others before, or when \m/ came to peace, he just didn't care. I myself kinda believe it is a mistake.

Edited by ROMMELHSQ

You launch a preemptive strike against a number of alliances not currently at war and you are taking a risk. You make a move in a global war without communicating properly with others on your side and you are taking a risk.

You do both at once? You are taking an incredibly huge risk. I have no idea how anyone could possibly think this was a good idea.

As I said in another thread, just because TOP and company got away with it in noCB war (vastly superior numbers/might makes right) doesn't mean that they will again this time.

If you want a seperate war it will happen eventually.

The separate war already happened. Parties uninvolved in the prior conflict aggressively declared on other uninvolved parties in said prior conflict.

*fixed spelling

Edited by SirWilliam

To be frank I don't give anyone the credit of being able to successfully implement such a complicated and risky plan.

The thought that the loss of millions of NS and thousands of infrastructure was simply part of a complex gamble simply does not wash with me.

Plus the situation is still not clear. Later may bring yet more surprises.

Very true, I wouldn't say it was a giant conspiracy either. I think its far more plausible that maybe the possibility of white peacing polar presented itself. It will be intresting to see whether the entire war ends from here, or if instead CnG takes the opportunity to stamp out TOP/IRON and co.

Very true, I wouldn't say it was a giant conspiracy either. I think its far more plausible that maybe the possibility of white peacing polar presented itself. It will be intresting to see whether the entire war ends from here, or if instead CnG takes the opportunity to stamp out TOP/IRON and co.

Although simply a member of the 'peanut gallery'. That seems the more likely scenario to me too.

You launch a preemptive strike against a number of alliances not currently at war and you are taking a risk. You make a move in a global war without communicating properly with others on your side and you are taking a risk.

Oh it was communicated. At the very least NpO and STA knew what we were planning and approved it. I'm leaning towards this being a trap, but if evidence comes forward suggesting otherwise I'll be willing to listen.

And Sunstar, if this was the case you'd better inform your members

Boy did you suckers get played. :TOP:

This is from a topic in our ODN embassy called "hahahah"

Edited by Kaiser

The separate war already happened. Parties uninvolved in the prior conflict aggressively declared on other uninvolved parties in said prior conflict.

*fixed spelling

While I understand that there was clearly a breach in standard protocol if these actions were planed prior to peace with alliances involved in the current conflict then I think it should be considered the same war. I hope that any alliance leaders with prior knowledge of these actions (which occurred only due to a delay in getting the word out) will help resolve this situation. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't mean to sound like a broken record by repeating what I previously stated, but the fact that the aggressive alliances and the defensive alliances were all uninvolved in the prior conflict makes a pretty compelling case for this being something separate, something uninvolved.

I don't mean to sound like a broken record by repeating what I previously stated, but the fact that the aggressive alliances and the defensive alliances were all uninvolved in the prior conflict makes a pretty compelling case for this being something separate, something uninvolved.

We've been waiting for IRON to enter in support of NSO. We've been waiting for TOP to enter in support of one of its three engaged treaty partners.

We've been waiting for the C&G alliances to enter in support of one of their many engaged allies.

I'm in the bad taste in my mouth corner until other information surfaces. This looks like nothing more than a repetition of the same old utterly pointless hegemony power plays. On both sides.

To our opponents: We agree with the New Polar Order's reasons for war against \m/, and we consider ourselves part of that particular side of the war. For our part, however, much our reason to enter this war lies in our desire to defeat those who have shown time and time again, in public and in private, that doing harm to us is high on their agenda---and that, indeed, they would take advantage of any advantageous opportunity to do so. This is a war they have brought upon themselves.

I for one see this war branching off into Top vs C&G. Crymson and the rest of TOP pretty much said it in their DoW.

Hitting MK when they're not even at war w/ anyone? Come on?!

This could get really messy. What am I talking about, this is already the biggest cluster $%&@ I've ever seen.

Did someone figure out how to share PCP and LSD through DCC on IRC or something?

Oh it was communicated. At the very least NpO and STA knew what we were planning and approved it. I'm leaning towards this being a trap, but if evidence comes forward suggesting otherwise I'll be willing to listen.

And Sunstar, if this was the case you'd better inform your members

This is from a topic in our ODN embassy called "hahahah"

Merlin is our secretary of the interior and, therefore, is in no position to comment on foreign policy :awesome:

There was no reason to hit C&G, none at all, they were sitting this one out. Have said so, quiet often.

You just saw a chance that the rest of the Planet was otherwise engaged, made your move to take them out. Not the same war.

Also, the rest of the planet pooling their resources and taking damage, just to draw three alliances in, to hit a specific bloc? Paranoia can be fun but it has its limits.

There was no reason to hit C&G, none at all, they were sitting this one out. Have said so, quiet often.

You just saw a chance that the rest of the Planet was otherwise engaged, made your move to take them out. Not the same war.

Also, the rest of the planet pooling their resources and taking damage, just to draw three alliances in, to hit a specific bloc? Paranoia can be fun but it has its limits.

Complete lies are not necessary to prove a point. CnG fully intended to enter the war.

Complete lies are not necessary to prove a point. CnG fully intended to enter the war.

I was not aware of that, not having seen anything on irc or various other forums regarding this. If indeed they intended to attack TOP/IRON/TORN, I stand corrected. Unless of course someone else calls you a liar, like you did me.

I was not aware of that, not having seen anything on irc or various other forums regarding this. If indeed they intended to attack TOP/IRON/TORN, I stand corrected. Unless of course someone else calls you a liar, like you did me.

You said they were planning to sit this out. That was not the case. I made no claims about them hitting TOP/IRON/TORN- I was just making note of your strange claim that CnG wasn't planning to be in the war.

Edited by Essenia

Seems strange that \m/ and NpO would suddenly out of the blue decide to peace out without telling their allies. If this was a trick people will have a hard time trusting NpO again. While this looks odd to me I'll wait to hear what various involved parties have to say before making up my mind.

So what your saying is that when TOP posted that thread peace hadn't been agreed upon by everyone, but upon seeing that every decided to quickly peace out?

Interesting account of what happened, so where were polar in these talks? Did they see the TOP thread before getting an agreement with FOK regarding peace?

This account of what happened seems different from those saying peace had already been decided before TOP posted that thread.

Interestingly, everyone seems to forget that NpO offered \m/ peace from day one of their war....all \m/ had to do was take the deal and end the conflict. NpO, following through on her word, ended the conflict as soon as \m/ accepted the terms put forth by NpO.

Its as simple as that. Breakdown in communications is an entirely different tangent and i would largely blame it on the damn OWF crashing from time to time :(

edit: anyway, I don't think anyone was smart to make this happen. Grub either made a big mistake on not telling TOP/IRON/others before, or when \m/ came to peace, he just didn't care. I myself kinda believe it is a mistake.

Wrong, TOP and IRON made a huge mistake by declaring on an entire bloc that was uninvolved in the NpO-\m/ war. Preemptive strikes are even worse, specially when the DoW's posted doesnt have ANY mention of NpO, \m/ or any of the other involved alliances in the NpO-\m/ war. TOP and IRON DoW'ed C&G for their own personal motives, hoping to crush C&G since most of their allies were tied up in the NpO-\m/ war.