Polaris White Peaced.

iamthey

644 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Honestly im not really sure what just happened, and I think many here feel similarly. One moment TOP/Duckroll were pre-emptively hitting CnG, the next Polaris is completely white peaced. Was this a set up, was it polaris screwing its allies, or was it just bad communication? Either way the entire thing is definitely appears suspicious. Thoughts?

ackbar.gif

Edited by iamthey

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A clever political move seems to be what everyone's saying. Seems too crazy to be true, but I guess I'll have to leave all that for the morning. It's been one long and crazy night.

Thank you CN.

It's not a trap- it is a failure to communicate- do you really think this wouldn't have leaked?

Do you really think that something else didn't leak? Something leading up to something "preemptive"? I'm thinking something more sinister went on than some failure to communicate.

Edited by SlimJD33

If it isn't a trap, people should stop orgasming over how Archon is the most glorious strategist to have ever walked on Planet Bob. If it is a trap, it was very well done.

Personally, I see it not as a trap but as an opportunity that was seized and allowed to exist by Grub. Which means that he either didn't care about TOP/IRON/co. or is incompetent and I don't believe for a second he is.

OOC: Also, The Chief, you might want to revise your numbers. Are you saying that peace was reached between Grub and you at update - 1:30? TOP's first attacks occured at 22:40, server time.

'Cause, really, if it is the case, NpO has some explanations to give as to why they didn't feel like informing the assembled coalition about the newly reached peace until, you know, update time.

:popcorn:

If it isn't a trap, people should stop orgasming over how Archon is the most glorious strategist to have ever walked on Planet Bob. If it is a trap, it was very well done.

Personally, I see it not as a trap but as an opportunity that was seized and allowed to exist by Grub. Which means that he either didn't care about TOP/IRON/co. or is incompetent and I don't believe for a second he is.

OOC: Also, The Chief, you might want to revise your numbers. Are you saying that peace was reached between Grub and you at update - 1:30? TOP's first attacks occured at 22:40, server time.

'Cause, really, if it is the case, NpO has some explanations to give as to why they didn't feel like informing the assembled coalition about the newly reached peace until, you know, update time.

:popcorn:

23:40 The_Chief so we're thinking its about time to be done with this

Well. It would seem that we agreed on peace at exactly the same time of TOP's attack.

edit: I'm in Eastern Time Zone so server time +1.

Edited by Chief Savage Man

Well. It would seem that we agreed on peace at exactly the same time of TOP's attack.

Which doesn't explain why NpO didn't inform anybody in our entire coalition regarding that, then? They had 1h20 to do so. Heck, CCC, their direct ally, even declared on FOK after that peace agreement had been reached.

Why?

If it was a trap I'm going to be very angry at a lot of people. I still don't really understand all that went down or why.

I am not happy about suddenly dropping out of a group that I was thinking I was going to go all the way for, and which was there supporting me, directly or indirectly. On the other hand, declaring on my allies without treaty cause was not an acceptable move and I don't really have any good options right now.

This was a fun, clean and simple war. I wouldn't have minded losing it a bit. Why'd it have to go and become so complicated? :(

Which doesn't explain why NpO didn't inform anybody in our entire coalition regarding that, then? They had 1h20 to do so. Heck, CCC, their direct ally, even declared on FOK after that peace agreement had been reached.

Why?

He did. He informed STA, NSO, and NV immediately. We were going to be disseminating the information down the chains.

He did. He informed STA, NSO, and NV immediately. We were going to be disseminating the information down the chains.

How long in advance did anyone know that TOP and IRON were going to attack?

Plus now that this happened I think everyone should be allowed to peace out if desired.

Edited by Authur

Seems strange that \m/ and NpO would suddenly out of the blue decide to peace out without telling their allies. If this was a trick people will have a hard time trusting NpO again. While this looks odd to me I'll wait to hear what various involved parties have to say before making up my mind.

Why?

After we agreed to it, it took a while to get a hold of Twisted so we could get PC on board. Then Archon contacted me after the TOP thread went up and then we got FOK! on board as well. Then Grub was away for a few minutes doing some RL business. When he got back, I received the final OK from him to post the thread. This was about a minute before I posted the peace thread. The only thing I was aiming to prove was that we were going to declare peace whether the TOP attacks happened or not. That they did was quite possibly the most epic coincidence of all time.

How long in advance did anyone know that TOP and IRON were going to attack?

Plus now that this happened I think everyone should be allowed to peace out if desired.

Good point, if this was just bad communication than everyone should be allowed to white peace? If not I suppose the fact that one side has chosen to seize the opportunity is telling.

I'm pretty sure that it was a trap created by Archon, and I believe Grub as well.

I would very much love to live in the same world as you, where comicbook-esque heroes and villains actually exist. At the very least, people would stop moaning so much.

Unfortunately, this is the real world. While I'm sure it will be politically prudent for some to paint this as a trap, it's simply not the case, as has been stated by a few people here already, as well as Archon himself elsewhere.

Good point, if this was just bad communication than everyone should be allowed to white peace? If not I suppose the fact that one side has chosen to seize the opportunity is telling.

Haven't you heard iamthey?, TOP's war is seperate because e-lawyers say we need a treaty in what has been called "a war of Coalitions"

After we agreed to it, it took a while to get a hold of Twisted so we could get PC on board. Then Archon contacted me after the TOP thread went up and then we got FOK! on board as well. Then Grub was away for a few minutes doing some RL business. When he got back, I received the final OK from him to post the thread. This was about a minute before I posted the peace thread. The only thing I was aiming to prove was that we were going to declare peace whether the TOP attacks happened or not. That they did was quite possibly the most epic coincidence of all time.

So what your saying is that when TOP posted that thread peace hadn't been agreed upon by everyone, but upon seeing that every decided to quickly peace out?

Interesting account of what happened, so where were polar in these talks? Did they see the TOP thread before getting an agreement with FOK regarding peace?

This account of what happened seems different from those saying peace had already been decided before TOP posted that thread.

Haven't you heard iamthey?, TOP's war is seperate because e-lawyers say we need a treaty in what has been called "a war of Coalitions"

Oh dear my mistake. :P