Whos the most politically influential Ruler?

Wulff

I'm honored but, I would say Roquentin is more influential then me, should you pick from Umbrella. ^_^

I wasn't really going for one of each, but I agree Roquentin is up there. Trace's sex appeal is largely why FCC signed with MK as well, so goes up there as well. Bob Janova, Audustum, GVChamp, Some-Guy, Steelrat, AJ all influenced me in positive ways as well. With a long history with many people it can be hard to choose one that influence you the most, but that would probably be Szyzgy for me.

Also potatao :wub: Join The New Citadel Order :wub: And Everyone Else!

Edited by Methrage

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any leader of an alliance of more than 50-75 nations is just as influential in terms of actual power than any leader of a 500 nation alliance.

A well placed rogue, nuke or simple declaration of war will draw in all the major players whether it comes from a Nasser or a Bismarck.

Pretty much this. So the more trigger happy you are, the more power you have. Funny world.

Any leader of an alliance of more than 50-75 nations is just as influential in terms of actual power than any leader of a 500 nation alliance.

A well placed rogue, nuke or simple declaration of war will draw in all the major players whether it comes from a Nasser or a Bismarck.

To say that AGW Overlords' leader (an alliance of 56) has the same power as FinsterBaby (529) is rather a stretch. Each has the same power over his own alliance, yes. If either were to attack NSO, they would cause NSO and friends to fight back, probably. Would AGW have the same power to call upon military back-up? No.

To say that AGW Overlords' leader (an alliance of 56) has the same power as FinsterBaby (529) is rather a stretch. Each has the same power over his own alliance, yes. If either were to attack NSO, they would cause NSO and friends to fight back, probably. Would AGW have the same power to call upon military back-up? No.

Linear thinking such as this is not the way of a malevolent dictator though. AGW Overlords could sign one treaty that would connect them to the ridiculous monstrosity called the "treaty web" and make just as big a turmoil as IRON.

Linear thinking such as this is not the way of a malevolent dictator though. AGW Overlords could sign one treaty that would connect them to the ridiculous monstrosity called the "treaty web" and make just as big a turmoil as IRON.

The leader of AGW Overlords would, of course, have to have the chops required to treat a high profile alliance. Generally speaking (and I know I'll get called on this in spite of vague wording and italics), larger alliances have higher calibre leadership, which makes it less likely for a smaller alliance to become as well connected. Otherwise, I'm inclined to agree.

The leader of AGW Overlords would, of course, have to have the chops required to treat a high profile alliance. Generally speaking (and I know I'll get called on this in spite of vague wording and italics), larger alliances have higher calibre leadership, which makes it less likely for a smaller alliance to become as well connected. Otherwise, I'm inclined to agree.

Yes, you will get called on that. Stat collection has very little to do with leadership.

Yes, you will get called on that. Stat collection has very little to do with leadership.

I was speaking more in terms of membership size, or more specifically, active, intelligent membership size. The more competition there is for a position, the more likely you are to have a capable leader fill it. Your own challenge system takes direct advantage of this, does it not?

The answer is a tough one. But after weeks of contemplation within the Great Athenian Library, I have come to the conclusion that the annals of history will one day show the greatest leaders of all time to come from the following list of 2:

1) RyanGDI

2) Terry Howard

Good day.

Edited to add a 3rd name :

3) polisofboy - Who not?

Edited by Rush Sykes

I'd say E_S was pretty high up there. Dilber during his peak was a huge part of WUT (Just put two and two together - we could see from the other thread about treaties/blocs being most important, that WUT was really high up there).

If you mean now - I guess Archon or Grub. Both are figureheads/actual leaders of their blocs, as well as alliances that have shown they will fight, and they will survive. Citadel doesn't really have anybody like that. For SF, I guess Hoo, but I don't think he's as influential as the Archon/Grub.

Damn I dont like it but I understand this line of thinking it does make sense

Archon, Grub Pansy

Archon can influence most of bob whether he does it publically or privately. Same with Grub. Both have the ability to do things but generally the wisdom to leave things alone unless necessary.

Pansy is amazing and has contacts all over Bob he may not lead an alliance but he is generally right there to help what ever AA hes in succeed.

I like the idea of Grub being the most influential player. The way he has positioned himself, his alliance, and his relationship with the NPO is solid in all regards. And if you think about the whole Karma war and some of the bigger guns that helped set that up, like Vox, NSO (they did have a large effect on the way we dialoged about the Hegemony), and even some of the major players in C&G (formed in a large part due to the War of the Coalition), than you can begin to see just how much of the meat behind what changed this game really lies on his side of the court.

Hah, it's funny everyone is saying almightygrub, he seems like a bit of a joke tbh.

I don't think any one person could change the game and political scene, being boring and making sure things stay the same seems to be embedded into peoples minds.

I was about to cry myself to sleep, then I realized being called a bit of a joke by the long running joke himself was kind of cool. I do not claim to be anything other than the Emperor of Polaris Jack.. your own projections onto me though are amusing.

Edited by AlmightyGrub