Whos the most politically influential Ruler?

Wulff

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Grub, and I think its not even close. Frostbite is the great wildcard in the world right now, because Grub leads one of the strongest alliances in the game absolutely and you never know what they will do next. So every other alliance in the game has to be prepared for what Grub does, and adjust themselves accordingly. No one else has power that is even close to that. No disrespect to someone like Archon or Delta, but when they speak you aren't always concerned with it, because it may not affect you. But when Grub speaks, everyone is affected, because they are so powerful, and so unpredictable, that you never know when what he says will drag your alliance into it.

I will go against the trend and I'll deny that this question has any validity. Nobody can, alone, change the political scene; not even Grub and Archon, not Moldavi either. You need a team of people that work together to obtain a big change.

Complex question really, to be influential you have to be prepared to actually influence and have the actual power to ''force'' the issue if needed. You can not play poker on Bob holding a pair of twos very often.

I see precious few people with actual power actually shaping too much. I would have to say Archon - when he speaks he does have the respect and attention of most reasonable people. Likewise Tyga for the same reason, his opinions are well considered and he does have the widespread support of his allies to make his opinions actually heard.

The possible reason why others are not perceived as influential is because their roles within their own alliances change so regularly. People like Crymson had held the balance of power a number of times, others have rejected the mantle, content to snipe away at their leisure.

In the future, Cortath will be a man of wealth and taste, it will remain to be seen how he chooses to use it.

As Grub said certain government structures will lead to an individual having more power then others due to the way they are set up. A dictatorship/dictator/monarch will always have more power invested in one individual then a democracy due to the constant revolving chairs of it all. I'd choose Grub as most able person to shift the political scene. Not only does he have the government structure to support it, he is in a major bloc of similar government structures that allow for fast mobility unlike democracy (I'm looking at you TOP :P ). Quickness, conciseness, and effectiveness are the 3 most important aspects to obtaining, maintaining, and using power in my opinion. If you can manage to pull off all three then you'll be able to wield more power then someone who could not.

Syzygy, BigLou, DrDan, Sceptor, Dilber, Starfox, Electron Stonge, Xavii, Bradicus, Saber, Crymson and I would like to think I had a lot of influence during my peak as King, but I'm sure there are others who have done more.

I'm honored but, I would say Roquentin is more influential then me, should you pick from Umbrella. ^_^

Grub. Citadel alliances don't have a single person with great power, so he is easily the single most influential in my opinion.

As King of Citadel I claim the most power, the Libertarian Citadel Monarchy is promoting freedom and war, as it seems right. :awesome:

Syzygy, BigLou, DrDan, Sceptor, Dilber, Starfox, Electron Stonge, Xavii, Bradicus, Saber, Crymson and I would like to think I had a lot of influence during my peak as King, but I'm sure there are others who have done more.

Honestly, I haven't even heard of some of those people.