Whos the most politically influential Ruler?

Wulff

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to cry myself to sleep, then I realized being called a bit of a joke by the long running joke himself was kind of cool. I do not claim to be anything other than the Emperor of Polaris Jack.. your own projections onto me though are amusing.

/me projects an image of fatness onto Grub

It's funny that saying almost the exact same things when you are considered "influential" that you did when you were not can produce such drastically different reactions and interpretations. I suppose that alone is the mark of influence.

/me projects an image of fatness onto Grub
Where did you find a planetarium willing to lend you its projector at this hour? Edited by Penguin

It's funny that saying almost the exact same things when you are considered "influential" that you did when you were not can produce such drastically different reactions and interpretations. I suppose that alone is the mark of influence.

Where did you find a planetarium willing to lend you its projector at this hour?

Oh, you have to ask permission to use those projectors? Oops...

the ones all mentioned, Grub, Moldavi, Archon, ES, Moo, Dilber, Cortath, etc. same old.

I'll throw out a wild card: Xiphosis. I think his personality and determination probably puts him as the strongest single person in SF. A cold, calculating leader for a calculating bloc, and maybe you can even throw in Chestnut into that broader SF sphere, which at the moment is the strongest single bloc out there.

I'll have to split the difference between Mr Moldavi and Mr #386 here. It is possible for a small, focused alliance to have the power (however you want to measure) to get things going ... but you still need to have the ability, too. Including the ability to get that link into the treaty web. Still, numbers do hold sway. After all, who's remembered more, Ordo Verde or Archon? One of them was the first Karma entry into the Karma War..

As far as who has the influence now, I'd say Archon and Cortath still both have good solid backings in their respective areas (I have not seen much from the current Emperor; then again, that's not a bad thing in and of itself). As far as attention and respect, I think Almighty Grub has most of it around here, with Tygaland running a close second. Overall, I'd say the MOST influential might be Grub, just from the respect he has in multiple areas combined with the respect given his military capabilities.

To the OP:

Define political influence.

Because I'm pretty sure politics refers to the art of governing a state.

That being the case, then every nation leader is equal in that they are the only ones who can govern their own nations and even in an alliance, the most powerful decision making faction is still in reference to internal affairs.

I think the term you are looking for is Global Influence.

Edited by Kzoppistan