Ultimatum

Vilien

The Sound and the Fury: On November 27th, 2009, the United Earth Directorate and the Mafia signed an MDoAP, a covenant of promised defense. On November 30th, three days later, the Mafia canceled their treaty with UED in the face of potential conflict. This is not the first time they have acted in such a cowardly manner, during the Unjust War the Mafia canceled their protectorate with Gen[m]ay to declare war on GOONS. The Mafia has consistently shown itself to have no courage whatsoever.

In slightly related news, I have always been a fan of using a variety of channels to handle my alliance business. #moralists, the Moralist Front's public channel, is almost always used for discussion of sensitive IA material. #mushroom is our foreign affairs channel, and #homeworld (NeCoHo's personal channel) is our "pay us reparations or die" channel. I noticed that we were missing a channel for one of our departments about the same time that the Mafia withdrew from its obligation to UED. At this time, I decide that #themafia would make an excellent channel for TMF's war planning department.

Things initially worked well. We began planning to attack the Mafia, in that channel of course, on the same day that we declared it to be ours. Most of the channel's residents seemed to be very receptive to the idea. That was when things started heading south.

The destruction was wholesale and the effects immediate. TMF's war planning department immediately fell into disarray. Such wide scale sabotage has surely never before been seen in this world's history. I am a proactive person. I immediately confronted Blckpnthr (not a fan of vowels) about his actions.

I remain banned from TMF's private war planning channel.

It is not the Moralist Front's nature to tolerate insults, real or otherwise. As such, the Moralist Front invokes the following Laws of Cybernations:

Law #2 of Cybernations: Spying is bad, mkay.

Law #4 of Cybernations: Issuing an ultimatum means you have an ironclad casus belli.

And we issue the following ultimatum:

Ultimatum: The Mafia has been proven guilty of plotting to attack the Moralist Front, the New Pacific Order, and perhaps the New Polar Order. The Mafia has also been proven guilty of spying on the Moralist Front and also not being very nice. We would declare war on the Mafia, but we haven't done the necessary work of getting people to cancel their treaties with them, and they're bigger than us, and we have other things to deal with right now. The Mafia is therefore given the option of choosing two of the following options and following through on them in the next twenty four hours:

1. The Mafia will transfer channel ownership of #themafia to Vilien and will also unban him.

2. The Mafia will issue a public apology to Vilien and the Moralist Front.

3. The Mafia will change its name to the "Very Optional Defense Network".

4. The Mafia will send $30 million in reparations to the United Earth Directorate to assist with rebuilding.

If two of these conditions are not met within the next twenty four hours, I will have no choice but to proceed with the Continental System.

The Continental System: The Continental System is a means of weakening the Mafia without actually having to declare war on it. In order to prevent shipments of technology to and from the Mafia, any outside parties found to be dealing with the Mafia will have messages sent to them with the following text:

:( :(

In addition, we will let all foreign parties known to be dealing with the Mafia know that we do not approve of their actions, and we will heartily shake our heads at them. We also have an ironclad casus belli against the Mafia.

We do not enjoy the work that we are forced to do, but we are happy to be of service to the Cyberverse. We remain Unbent, Unbowed, and Unbroken!

Signed,

Vilien, Speaker of the Moralist Front

Note: I haven't actually put this up for vote in the General Assembly, but I'm pretty sure we'll reach the same consensus that we always reach, that being "okay lol" or "Shut up Vilien, fix my trades". Nonetheless, formal voting on it will begin posthaste.

EDIT: Logs met with disapproval, removed them so as to increase entertainment value.

Edited by Vilien

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, i was banned, and i wasnt even apart of it.

Session Start: Tue Dec 01 17:27:20 2009

Session Ident: Blckpnthr[Mafiagov]

01[17:27] <Compound[WF|MoFA]> Why was i banned?

[17:27] <Blckpnthr[Mafiagov]> oh sorry

[17:27] <Blckpnthr[Mafiagov]> caught up in the fray

01[17:27] <Compound[WF|MoFA]> and why was i kicked in the first place?

[17:28] <Blckpnthr[Mafiagov]> accident

hm....

Edited by The Compound

For an alliance that claims it's Moral, it doesn't do too good of a job representing itself as such... go back in a hole or something. That would be just as relevant as this casus belli.

[OOC: The Mafia can ban whomever they damn !@#$@#$ please. Please, cry more.]

Words hurt, you know.

>3. The Mafia will change its name to the "Very Optional Defense Network".

If they do, they have to pay us royalties. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

The good Comrade Pingu has beaten me to it. The ODN would take such a move against its sovereignty very seriously.