Mea Culpa

Londo Mollari

I personally still don't feel you did anything wrong save for not considering the effect this might have on your allies and how some of them might feel about what you did. Though I'm sure I can say we in Corp would've gladly gone to ZI and back for our friends in Athens had it come to that and we still love you guys.

o7

So what you're saying is, it's okay to do bad so long as no one calls you on it, but once someone calls you on it, you have to sit and think about what you've done and try to change your ways? Also, what you seem to be saying is, so long as people hail your poor decisions, so long as they cheer you on in your !@#$%^&ry, that you do not have to contemplate your actions and the harm you may actually be doing?

He's not saying you shouldn't, he's saying that it's less likely someone would actually do so. In other words, if someone makes a mistake, they might not actually realize their error until someone else points it out to them. That happens a lot actually. You can proofread your own work, but sometimes you miss something that someone else catches.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You pretty much hit the nail on the head, Kryievla. And it would be a sad world indeed if people were not capable of learning from mistakes.

i am all for that Londo but until such a time as you can truly show me that you have learned from those mistakes, you will still be seen as the same old Londo.

For the curious, this wasn't forced. At least not by C&G, and certainly not by me. I went to bed when I said I did in my thread on AP. This came out much later, and was a pleasant surprise to see. It just showed me that my faith in Londo and Athens was well placed.

C&G is not an authoritative bloc...we have always been a group of friends and among friends, all men are equals. That being said, Jbone, the fee is $5000. It's a no re-entry ticket. :v:

I take you at your word.

...$2500 apiece and I don't even get my hand stamped? I'm outta here. :P

edit: I give this a 90% chance of working with only minor fall-out. Unless Spara really get's annoyed.

I love how far you're stretching nowadays to give us a mention, and you didn't even spell it right this time. :lol1:

Gotta love you guys.

Good show, Londo.

Londo -

You know, I've always had a thing for Athens, yet I've never actually gone over there as a diplomat. I suppose that will change rather shortly. Your apology, though, is just a wall of words at this point, but what you do from now on will be held under great scrutiny. Perhaps if you screw up again your allies will stand by you, but at this point, on a personal level, your allies aren't on the chopping block--your credibility is. People make mistakes and no one is perfect. I know I made plenty of mistakes on a personal and government level while in Foreign Affairs for CSN, but move on and don't let them happen again.

OOCly I don't think anyone hates you or really has a problem with you, and that's what you need to remember. This is just a game, so just take it with stride and don't forget that you have friends out there that are willing to help you out, give you advice, and hear you out. But I mean, if you want to screw up again by all means do it... CSN isn't too happy about your recent growth anyways, you !@#$%^& Aquans. )):

Good luck, and I will likely be stopping by your forums rather soon.

Now that, my friend, is called the singular form which is not to be used when we're talking 'bout lots of stuff

edit: :eng101:

*SpacingOutMan shrugs

I had assumed that "mea culpa" was just the phrase for "My bad", essentially. Didn't know there was a pluralization form for the phrase. :v:

*SpacingOutMan shrugs

I had assumed that "mea culpa" was just the phrase for "My bad", essentially. Didn't know there was a pluralization form for the phrase. :v:

It's more like "my fault", here in the context of "things that are my fault", so it'd be pretty proper to pluralize it.

It should be latin101 imo

It's grammatically correct English to use Latin conjugation instead of just adding the English suffix of plural form so I guess both are a-ok.

Apology accepted.

Considering the variance of issues addressed and the overall tone, I believe this to be the most genuine apology I have ever seen. Good luck convincing the others, Londo.

One should not confuse genuinity with mighty eloquence, but meh; I believe Londo means what he says. I'm not a cynical man and find no purpose in prancing around with one's nihilistic opinions if they can't base them to anything but their own, petty view of the world.

mea culpae :eng101:

It's meae culpae, actually, if you're shooting for a plural. Although the English saying "mea culpa" is usu. in the singular form.

Anyway, I accept Londo's apology. We all screw up at one point or another. Admitting to it and asking forgiveness is among the hardest things to do in life.

(To be fair, I actually feel I am one of the TOOL people who most owes Menotah an apology myself. I did apologise to Joey but not to the rest of the alliance.)

For those questioning the sincerity of the apology you have to realize that sometimes you have to actually face consequences in order to be forced to actually take a hard look at the path you're on. While, it's perfectly possible this is insincere, I think Londo is being genuine. Good on you, Londo.