Mea Culpa

Londo Mollari

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it is always possible that Londo is simply doing this because he is charismatic and knows it's the only thing that will work towards clearing his name: it is working. If your words are insincere then I have no doubt that you will find many more occasions for apology. But I choose to give you the benefit of the doubt. Athens has seemed a bit more aggressive lately, but overall they've been a standup alliance and like their allies, we should not forget it all over this one incident.

I was a bit taken aback yesterday when faced with this happenstance, and may have taken too accusatory a tone. A cynical man may look upon this incident as CnG simply flexing some muscles but I choose to give the world the benefit of the doubt and consider it a dangerous situation that was defused by diplomacy. I hope Athens will walk a little more softly for a while, but Londo is a well-spoken man and has always seemed willing to hear the various sides of an argument. That alone persuades me that Athens deserves a little faith.

Good luck, Londo. I hope that tensions will ease and that perhaps one day soon you might pay us a visit.

Words are easy and you always seem to willing say what everyone wants to hear when you need to. Your actions in the past have erased any credibility your words carried long ago. It is only your future actions that will tell the tale. Then we will see what is what.

I'm curious, if all these apologies were for mistakes, how did everyone keep coming up with the KoFN as the 1st mistake??

Me thinks we were closer to war than most want to admit/realize.

Too soon to tell if this is a true change of course or just more blah blah blah need to improve my image blah blah blah still really like NPO blah blah blah.

I look forward to more chuckling at JBone's side.

Words are easy and you always seem to willing say what everyone wants to hear when you need to. Your actions in the past have erased any credibility your words carried long ago. It is only your future actions that will tell the tale. Then we will see what is what.

Well spoken as always TBB.

It looks like there are two moralities at odds in CN culture; people that feel that... 1.) RL values translate over to in-game RP, or 2) this is a game and as such Might-Makes-Right is appropriate. Based on the reaction of Bobians it seems that option 1 is ruling the day.

Also, I can see how such an outcry could warrant deep introspection. I applaud you for the strength of character it takes to begin such a journey and for the courage to admit being wrong.

*Sigh* I was about to post something along these lines but it seems you already did so for me.

Londo:

All you're doing is making a cheap thread for a shred of good PR after making a huge mistake, I feel bad for anyone who can't see through your ruse. So I must ask... Why weren't you apologizing for at least some these blatant mistakes before the KofN incident?

Edited by James Maximus

Pathetic.

Absolutely pathetic.

This trite little Dr Phil moment is quite the 180 from the attention whoring, red face little man ranting and raving for all the world to see. He was so cute, holding the big boys feet to the fire, while his pals were standing behind him.

I would loved to have been in the room when Arch & co. pulled down your pants and tanned your bottom. Must have been quite the show. Perhaps someone with a sense of humor will publish those logs for all the world to chuckle at.

I eagerly look forward to your master castrating the rest of the fun bunch over there.

Is there a fee to see the glass jar that they now keep your testes in?

Some may see this as an honest attempt to rid yourself of the whole Napoleon image....I for one see the big bass I caught last weekend, flopping around trying to escape after you were caught.

Does this mean Jack will now be raining down rainbow skittles with every post as well?

Maybe I'm just cynical, excuse me while I go puke up a bit.

this and only this. all this crap Athens is now spewing is simply for PR purposes and again the only thing i can see is a mini-NPO where Athens used to be.

i wonder how long this act of Londo's will continue until he turns back into what he has always been....

Extreme classiness itt :)

Takes a lot of strength to examine one's self honestly & objectively. Takes even more to admit fault, & commit (in public, no less!) to doing better. This wins a lot of respect from me. Good luck Londo.

It would mean a hell of a lot more if there wasn't that incidence with the knights of ni! that prompted this. It's an "oh !@#$, I screwed up, might aswell try to save face" apology.

The timing of this all but confirms that.

[edit:] Come to think of it, with the timing of this, this means jack !@#$. It's nothing but a blatant attempt to change the opinion of the gullible masses, after royally !@#$@#$ up and potentially getting his allies in a whole heap of !@#$ because of it.

Edited by astronaut jones

It would mean a hell of a lot more if there wasn't that incidence with the knights of ni! that prompted this. It's an "oh !@#$, I screwed up, might aswell try to save face" apology.

this has all the markings of being forced and thus, i doubt it lacks any true sincerity beyond the "i don't wanna get my alliance rolled" sincerity.

this has all the markings of being forced and thus, i doubt it lacks any true sincerity beyond the "i don't wanna get my alliance rolled" sincerity.

Yeah, I added an edit to my post after giving it another moment of thought.

It's complete and utter !@#$%^&*, the timing, the words, the "sincerity" all point to this being done only because he had no other choice. It's preservation. He $%&@ed up, and now he's caving. He's not so big and so brash as he would have liked people to believe, he cares a hell of a lot more about his infrastructure and technology than he would have liked people to believe, and he's looking to save his and his alliance's @#$% after finding out that people don't put up with !@#$%^&* as frequently as he would have liked to believe.

So, we get an apology, and the timing could not have been more transparent. [edited: grammarz]

This is exactly what it looks like. Londo, do you actually expect people to BELIEVE the tripe in your OP?

[edit:] Come to think of it, with the timing of this, this means jack !@#$. It's nothing but a blatant attempt to change the opinion of the gullible masses, after royally !@#$@#$ up and potentially getting his allies in a whole heap of !@#$ because of it.

Heh. Welp, might be that when 50,000 people start howling for your blood, you'd sit down & actually think about why that might be. When everyone just pats you on the back with hails & such, you don't really have much *reason* to sit down & re-examine your decisions. It seems quite rational to me that a person will more likely realize an error when they have experienced or come near serious consequences.

I will give the benefit of the doubt here, and I do respect folks that can recognize & try to overcome their shortcomings. I stand by what I said before. Much respect for this.

Heh. Welp, might be that when 50,000 people start howling for your blood, you'd sit down & actually think about why that might be. When everyone just pats you on the back with hails & such, you don't really have much *reason* to sit down & re-examine your decisions. It seems quite rational to me that a person will more likely realize an error when they have experienced or come near serious consequences.

I will give the benefit of the doubt here, and I do respect folks that can recognize & try to overcome their shortcomings. I stand by what I said before. Much respect for this.

So what you're saying is, it's okay to do bad so long as no one calls you on it, but once someone calls you on it, you have to sit and think about what you've done and try to change your ways? Also, what you seem to be saying is, so long as people hail your poor decisions, so long as they cheer you on in your !@#$%^&ry, that you do not have to contemplate your actions and the harm you may actually be doing?

He gets no benefit of the doubt for his blatantly opportunistic apology.

You're not sorry about anything on that list and you know it. It's more of a list of public events that got your name tarnished, in some peoples eyes, and you thought you'd try to spin it and use your last incident to make it seem like you've seen the light. So please forgive me if i think you're full of !@#$.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head, Kryievla. And it would be a sad world indeed if people were not capable of learning from mistakes.

For the curious, this wasn't forced. At least not by C&G, and certainly not by me. I went to bed when I said I did in my thread on AP. This came out much later, and was a pleasant surprise to see. It just showed me that my faith in Londo and Athens was well placed.

C&G is not an authoritative bloc...we have always been a group of friends and among friends, all men are equals. That being said, Jbone, the fee is $5000. It's a no re-entry ticket. :v:

For the curious, this wasn't forced. At least not by C&G, and certainly not by me. I went to bed when I said I did in my thread on AP. This came out much later, and was a pleasant surprise to see. It just showed me that my faith in Londo and Athens was well placed.

Now you know you did right Londo.