Athens Announcement regarding Ni!

hmph, Well, Good Luck Athens! They wish to retract with in their view, sense of dignity, let them. Howsoever the actions maybe worded, but actions are still louder than words..consider givin' em some break, !@#$ happens. This post is evidence of lessons being learned. Also thanks for drama.

Edited by shahenshah

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NPO's slow rate of rep payment is more news than this.

An alliance that is part of a major bloc attacking a fair sized neutral alliance for fun, and announcing in the fallout they reserve the right to carry out similar attacks on any alliance without a treaty regardless of size, is hardly a small deal. It's also a major redaction of the whole "do not live in fear" rhetoric used by the Karma side of the war. Apparently it's live in fear because according to their beliefs and practice Athens may come along and steal from your alliance next time they get bored unless you have means to stop them. At least when previous alliances did it they were unabashed about it and didn't try to play both sides of the fence. Which really seems to be what a lot of people are objecting to.

Entering 'techraid' as war reason doesn't make it right. Pathetic act by Athens. I thought better of you guys.

"Everything I post on the forums is my own opinion. It can not be interpreted as the opinion of FOK or OP, nor shall any other FOKker or OPers be held responsible for what I say here."

Hope that part of your bio is true, and you agree to the phrase "Mean what you say, say what you mean"

Hope that part of your bio is true, and you agree to the phrase "Mean what you say, say what you mean"

Of course it is, why would I ventilate it otherwise?

I'm not against techraiding, but there's techraiding and there's the way Athens is techraiding.

That said, lets not discuss this any further, we will probably never agree on this subject.

Tech raiding, when it is properly conducted, is nothing more than an invitation to engage in a reasonably even war.

So is this and this and this and this and this an even war since your triple teamed the nations?

Edited by Bilrow

I agree with Ivan, I'd actually have more respect if you just "man'd" up and be honest that you were attacking them for "requiring shrubbery from you." instead of playing word games and saying it really isn't war.

Wow. I've only got a few minutes, so I'll try to be brief, but uh...wow.

Now I'll admit, I haven't read that other monstrosity of a thread yet (60ish pages, now?), but I'll assume that it's pretty much of the same flavor as this one. I just want to make a few things clear, as a leader of a Complaints and Grievances Union alliance not named Federation of Buccaneers or Athens.

The first is that the Mushroom Kingdom does not support this action. Personally I dislike tech raiding, and while I do allow my alliance to practice it under great restraint, I cannot possibly dream of condoning this. I can come up with a lot of adjectives to describe it, and none would be friendly, but quite frankly it would be rude of me and not my place to elaborate on this piece any further.

The second is that the Mushroom Kingdom does support her allies, even when they make mistakes. While Londo must indeed now lead his alliance out of this mess, and I'm confident that he will, he will enjoy the full support of the Mushroom Kingdom. So all you folks talking about the death of Athens, or forcing Athens to do x, y, or z? You'll have to go through us first. I'm told we have a couple of nukes sitting around.

The third is that you lot are positively ridiculous. This tech raid is not an alliance war. It's not a curbstomp. Ni isn't disbanding, they aren't playing exorbitant reparations. There has not been character assassination, nor has there even been the full force of either alliance involved being used. To liken this to the actions of the Hegemony (LOL Woodstock Massacre) is laughable at best, and downright ignorant at worst. Yes, we get it - you smell blood and you want to emo out all over the forums, wasting as much of our time as possible decrying those who bested you or have wronged you as evil evil men. Been there, done that. But um...try to keep a grip on reality?

Again, I don't necessarily support what Athens or FoB has done. I don't think it's even close to the crimes of the Hegemony, but it's not exactly a great sign of things to come either. That being said, I have every confidence in the ability of these two alliances to right their ships. Oddly enough, it is not the responsibility of the former Karma alliances alone to "lead Bob into a new era." They led us all out of a dark age, and that was where their job ended. It is the responsibility of all alliances to pick it up from there, including those who once perpetrated the great misdeeds of the past.

Blah, I'm out of time, and this thing is a mile long anyway. I'll check back in a few hours when I have time, but if I don't respond before then it's not a slight against you - it's me not being able to.

Archon

King of the Mushroom Kingdom