Rating alliances

Azaghul

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody is going to go through 12 pages of lists... so I'll write this with the assumption that everybody will skip to the parts where their alliance or their friends are listed.

CSN - (5) I'm one for second chances.

I have to say I'm curious what you mean by that. CSN is easily one of the most constant alliances in the world; we're on the same side now that we've always been on. Our allies today are for the most part the same alliances we were allied to in GUARD over two years ago, and our government and membership have changed only slightly (Gino will contradict me here and say that 40% of the alliance is new blood, but the old guard is all still around). The way we do things has hardly changed, we've never been a very public alliance and this topic clearly shows that hasn't changed.

So what exactly is it we're getting a second chance for? :huh:

edit: ever =/= never

Edited by Lord Brendan

Why would you say '2' for us? As far as I know, we haven't had a lot of interaction except for in the positives, so I was kind of curious on that. Also, I would love to see your thoughts on all the ratings, if you are so inclined.

edit: heh, seipher <3 We need to join the Valhallan lonely hearts club. Where is our love? :P

Reasons I dislike Valhalla

1) Talking reps from GPA after the War on Peace. Seriously. You just did basically the biggest tech raid in the history of CN on the softest targets (a lot of them didn't even fight back from what I hear, just kept rebuying troops) and then you made them pay reps?!

2) chefjoe's behavior to MK in IRC immediately before noCB war.

3) Valhalla, along with GGA, starting the noCB war. The 160 day old Redoubt of Mind was reduced from 5k infrastructure and 1300 tech to 1.2k infrastructure and 800 tech in this war. The Redoubt of Mind also lost time on its wonder clock due to the severe devastation.

4) GR being forced by Valhalla to post a can of crisco in noCB war surrender terms. Of all the noCB war terms for our side, this was the one that angered me the most. )):

5) STA being threatened with disbandment/eternal war by Valhalla during the noCB war.

6) The Sparta-Valhalla spy incident. Thought Athens would be deploying on Valhalla at that time in defense of Sparta. Gov meetings between us and Sparta and our other allies planning our response to Valhallan attack on Sparta.

7) chefjoe becoming involved in the case of our ZIing a purple (Neb-X) rogue that attacked us. Although he was nice enough, it wasn't his place to get involved in the situation IMO.

8) Valhalla members threatening Athens in our IRC channel and being generally unpleasant over us joking that we didn't know who Valhalla was and had never heard of them. That's pretty much the only interaction we've had with Valhalla's membership.

9) Purple. Leader of the NPO meatshield sphere. )): NPO )):

Reasons I like Valhalla

1) Some members, such as you and Bob Sanders, are pretty decent.

2) Military competence/excellence. I always prefer alliances that don't suck to ones that do.

Why must you always fail? Always.

You would again be correct if the NSO was actually threatening other alliances on a regular basis.

So your posturing isn't posturing at all, and it's not threatening at all when you do it, only when the posturing is done to you is it a "threat"

Gotcha. It's only when it's done to you, is it "put up or shut up" time, your rules don't apply to your own behaviour though.

[edit:] It's also funny that you assume that, everyone not liking NSO hates them, and their hate is unjustified, but you can dismiss your alliance's behaviour towards pretty much everyone, as negative as it is, by simply stating "I really don't have an opinion on them, really I don't. We don't, even. Seriously, I mean it." or something like that anyway.

So, you can try to have it both ways, you can form opinions on people and alliances, antagonize them, goad them into trying to do something, and then turn around and say "oh that? yeah, no opinion." all you like, but.. no one is buying it.

Again, your alliance is only innovative in your own minds.

Edited by astronaut jones

TOP - 4

MHA - 8

Sparta - 6

NpO - 7

IRON - 3

ODN - 4

FARK - 9

GPA - 4

NPO - 3

FOK - 5

MK - 8

WTF - 4

TOOL - 4

TDO - 8

VE - 7

Legion - 2

RoK - 9

GATO - 4

CSN - 9

Athens - 6

Gremlins - 5

MCXA - 2

UPN - 1

RIA - 9

STA - 5

Invicta - 2

RnR - 8

MASH - 3

NADC - 3

WAPA - 4

NV - 5

NSO - 3

NEW - 5

MA - 8

Umbrella - 6

FAN - 7

LoSS - 5

TSO - 3

NATO - 4

Nordreich - 3

GR - 4

Vanguard - 9

GOD - 10

FoB - 5

PC - 5

Valhalla - 5

GGA - 3

TPF - 2

ADI is not up there so you cant have my vote but i want 2 RoK votes one for new gov and 1 for old gov

Old RoK 8 near the end you guys got sloppy

NEW RoK 5 i dont know the new gov

athens 7 tech deals

iron 7 you guys know your money

NpO 7 i dont know why i just feel like giving you guys a 7

The rest of you i give a 6 just to be fair

?? New RoK gets a 5 BUT EVERYONE ELSE GETS A 6?!

New RoK for sure, much better with Hoo at the helm again.

*Looks at Old Rok government, Looks at New Rok Government*

As you can see, the level of Hooness has not changed. Neither has the pantslessness

So your posturing isn't posturing at all, and it's not threatening at all when you do it, only when the posturing is done to you is it a "threat"

Gotcha. It's only when it's done to you, is it "put up or shut up" time, your rules don't apply to your own behaviour though.

[edit:] It's also funny that you assume that, everyone not liking NSO hates them, and their hate is unjustified, but you can dismiss your alliance's behaviour towards pretty much everyone, as negative as it is, by simply stating "I really don't have an opinion on them, really I don't. We don't, even. Seriously, I mean it." or something like that anyway.

So, you can try to have it both ways, you can form opinions on people and alliances, antagonize them, goad them into trying to do something, and then turn around and say "oh that? yeah, no opinion." all you like, but.. no one is buying it.

Again, your alliance is only innovative in your own minds.

Are you really talking about posturing, threatening and behaviour?

:ehm:

TOP - 4 - I'd imagine TOP is a lot better from the inside. So many people attest to it being a great and active community, but as a non-member I don't like them all that much. So many condescending posts on the OWF, I disliked the conduct in a recent thread where Delta was making concessions and admitting mistakes made during the Echelon discussions and TOP posters were for the most part blundering about. Oh and TOP speed is not a cute little joke, it's a frightening inefficiency that will cause problems. They also protect TSO. Pretty nice stats though.

MHA - 5 - I just don't know enough about them. I'd say they should do a bit more as the #2 alliance in the game, but it's a new situation for them. We'll see.

Sparta - 2 - Meh. Probably being harsh here, but they enabled the NPO regime for so long, then cut and run 6 days before a war where a number of their members refused to fight. So it's pretty good that they didn't stand for it and got rid of them all but I think there's a lot of fat to be trimmed for Sparta.

NpO - 7 - Cool guys. Very much so in fact. "I am Polar, See my scars and behold my commitment." is a fantastic quote, and so apt.

IRON - 5 - Meh. Pretty good fighting ability from all Karma accounts I've heard, but just sat at #2 forever, not doing anything interesting.

ODN - 5 - Barely know them.

FARK - 8 - I like Fark quite a lot. Strong minded government, great fighting ability, and I enjoyed talking to every member I warred with in the WotC. Needs less radio silence and more great posts.

GPA - 5 - Bleugh, neutrals.

NPO - 5 - Well, what comes next? Pacifica is pretty much an enigma for me at the moment. I'm intrigued.

FOK - 6 - Don't know you guys so well, but what I do know is good so just above a 5.

MK - 8 - Lots of great members, even more great stats, fantastic ability at pretty much everything in the game. Slightly annoying tendency to flood threads with inane !@#$ though.

WTF - 4 - Meh.

TOOL - 5 - Barely know them.

TDO - 2 - Neutrality + bawwww reaction to NSO's mistake.

VE - 2 - I dislike VE a lot. I find it hard to decide why when I think about it, but I disagree with 90% of the things they do. I dislike the inconsistencies in their actions. ZIPP being signed which makes you think of them as quite moral beings, then sending someone to ZI for declaring on VE in defense of their friends. Calling them a rogue because their alliance had only one member. Then the whole OV thing? Have also experienced quite a ham-handed approach to diplomacy personally from them.

Legion - 3 - Stockholm syndrome takes them from 5 to 4, then the inability of the members I fought in karma makes it a 3. Probably wouldn't be against giving them 4 though as others seem to have fought quite adept members in Karma.

RoK - 5 - Barely know them. Hoo is a pretty cool guy though. SpiderJ is also cool. Nice members but as an alliance I barely know them.

GATO - 6 - Wasn't particularly enamoured with them back when I was on brown, but good showing in the GATO-1V war and not succumbing to stockholm syndrome afterwards is good stuff.

CSN - 5 - Barely know them.

Athens - 6 - Barely know them, but a likeable OWF presence so just above neutral.

Gremlins - 7 - Having problems lately it seems, but were always helpful to me when I wanted some advise or just to learn a bit more about the mechanics of the game on IRC. Besides, pretty much as honorable as it gets, and stats that blow the mind.

MCXA - 2 - Don't really know them, probably stealing the opinion of my friend who fought them with the 2. I trust his opinion though and he says they're terrible.

UPN - 5 - Barely know them.

RIA - 7 - I like RIA. Some cool members for sure, good posters on the OWF, and Delta really impressed me with his posting style in several drawn out debates I've seen lately. 2nd to Fark in my ratings of SF alliances.

STA - 9 - One of my top 3 alliances in the game, no question. Just everything about them is pretty much excellent. I'm going to stop here before it gets soppy.

Invicta - 2 - Meh. Purplol. Doctoring logs to try and make an MDP partner look bad is never going to get you a high score from me.

RnR - 5 - Barely know them.

MASH - 5 - Barely know them.

NADC - 4 - Barely know them.

WAPA - 6 - Barely know them, but some pretty cool members like Hassman and Selindryl.

NV - 8 - I like NV a lot, signing with NpO was a ballsy move and showed exactly where they stood on the issue. Some top posters and great treaty partners too.

NSO - 7 - Ok, so they're not innovative. No really you're not. The challenges system is new, and a good idea. The rest isn't. NSO didn't invent white peace, they didn't make it popular. NSO isn't the only or the first alliance that has regularly given nations on a ZI list or otherwise in trouble a second chance. They're all good things to do, hence the pretty high rating, but 'innovation' it is not.

NEW - 7 - Great fighters, playing the game how they want. Not afraid to jump into any 'raid' situation. I say 'raid' because I'm pretty sure they enjoy it more when they get nuked and actually make no profit.

MA - 4 - Meh.

Umbrella - 6 - Barely know them. Nice stats.

FAN - 8 - Don't really need to explain this.

LoSS - 7 - They're our allies. I trust my superiors know what they're doing.

TSO - 1 - My least favourite alliance in the list. I cannot think of a single member I like in the entire alliance, and so many I dislike. Pretty funny hearing some stories about recent roguery against them.

NATO - 2 - Meh

Nordreich - 6 - I like Germany, Germans and Michael Ballack. Weiss von Flinders is my hero, sort of.

GR - 7 - Just generally good. Were better with more Bob.

Vanguard - 9 - Great allies to have. You know what you're getting with Vanguard, and that's a fiercely loyal friend who will be with you until the end. Hugely impressive stats, I agree almost entirely with their political position.

GOD - 3 - Hmmm, no doubt will get all sorts of accusations of being petty here, but it's not the case. I've never been the biggest fan of GOD for various reasons. I've always respected that they said what they meant and didn't care what people thought of them for it, but even that isn't always the case.

FoB - 6 - Barely know them, but all of their friends are cool so guilty by association.

PC - 6 - Needs more Twisted.

Valhalla - 3 - Do not like Valhalla.

GGA - 1 - Terrible alliance. Guess I should say thanks for alienating two fantastic members with pathetic and petty ZI sentances allowing Nemesis to capitalise though.

TPF - 4 - Impressively resolute, some quality members, some not so quality members. Every month I go without seeing 'The Phoenix Hungers' from Kilkenny makes me like them a bit more.

So writing out reasons made me think a bit deeper, and I adjusted a few alliance's marks slightly. No doubt nobody cares past their own alliance, if even that, so I wasted a good half hour to an hour with this. Procrastination :awesome:

Can't escape your past, no matter how hard you try.

Too true, also VE should count themselves luckier than most...at least you guys are not flying ODN AA tags, we are reviled in all corners of planet Bob due to our past and christ we have worked hard to rectify those mistakes..alas according to this thread to little effect :mellow:

TOP - 6

MHA - 8

Sparta -8

NpO - 5

IRON -7

ODN - 7

FARK - 5

GPA - 5

NPO - 1

FOK - 6

MK - 9

WTF - 4

TOOL - 6

TDO - 5

VE - 7

Legion - 4

RoK - 7

GATO - 8

CSN - 7

Athens - 7

Gremlins - 8

MCXA - 6

UPN - 6

RIA - 5

STA - 5

Invicta - 6

RnR - 5

MASH - 5

NADC - 4

WAPA - 4

NV - 4

NSO - 6

NEW - 7

MA - 5

Umbrella - 6

FAN - 10

LoSS -7

TSO - 3

NATO - 6

Nordreich - 4

GR - 8

Vanguard

GOD - 5

FoB - 4

PC - 4

Valhalla - 2

GGA - 2

TPF - 6

Are you really talking about posturing, threatening and behaviour?

:ehm:

I make no excuses for my behaviour, past, present, or future. Make what you will about what I said, that's fine, but don't go blind to the facts merely because it was me speaking them, and not someone else.

Reasons I dislike Valhalla

1) Talking reps from GPA after the War on Peace. Seriously. You just did basically the biggest tech raid in the history of CN on the softest targets (a lot of them didn't even fight back from what I hear, just kept rebuying troops) and then you made them pay reps?!

2) chefjoe's behavior to MK in IRC immediately before noCB war.

3) Valhalla, along with GGA, starting the noCB war. The 160 day old Redoubt of Mind was reduced from 5k infrastructure and 1300 tech to 1.2k infrastructure and 800 tech in this war. The Redoubt of Mind also lost time on its wonder clock due to the severe devastation.

4) GR being forced by Valhalla to post a can of crisco in noCB war surrender terms. Of all the noCB war terms for our side, this was the one that angered me the most. )):

5) STA being threatened with disbandment/eternal war by Valhalla during the noCB war.

6) The Sparta-Valhalla spy incident. Thought Athens would be deploying on Valhalla at that time in defense of Sparta. Gov meetings between us and Sparta and our other allies planning our response to Valhallan attack on Sparta.

7) chefjoe becoming involved in the case of our ZIing a purple (Neb-X) rogue that attacked us. Although he was nice enough, it wasn't his place to get involved in the situation IMO.

8) Valhalla members threatening Athens in our IRC channel and being generally unpleasant over us joking that we didn't know who Valhalla was and had never heard of them. That's pretty much the only interaction we've had with Valhalla's membership.

9) Purple. Leader of the NPO meatshield sphere. )): NPO )):

Reasons I like Valhalla

1) Some members, such as you and Bob Sanders, are pretty decent.

2) Military competence/excellence. I always prefer alliances that don't suck to ones that do.

I have a pretty fair idea of why some folks would post high or low; I was the most curious about this one. I will gladly send you the stuff via pm if you like, on #6 (there was no incident there, was a guy that we had already ZId two different times for spying, who was trying to stir up trouble), but the others are fair enough I suppose. And I'm right there with you on the military bit; that is a feature that colors my like/dislikes a bit actually. :ph34r:

Thanks for taking the time, was most interesting.

We've threatened no one. All we ask is those that scheme and plot against us in smoky back rooms actually do something besides flap their gums. I've read the logs. I know they fear our growth and see us as a threat to their developing power structure. Stop talking about it and do something.

Edited by Corinan

We've threatened no one. All we ask is those that scheme and plot against us in smoky back rooms actually do something besides flap their gums. I've read the logs. I know they fear our growth and see us as a threat to their developing power structure. Stop talking about it and do something.

You should know that sometimes talk is just that, but if you're so certain there's a plot against your alliance, you could always jump the gun, man up, do something about it, put up or shut up, and a whole lot more and actually start it.

You can even start it with an all wu-tang soundtrack. That would be so dope.

TOP my home, so 10

MHA 8

Sparta 3

NpO 4

IRON 9

ODN 2

FARK 7

GPA 5

NPO 6

FOK 9

MK 3

WTF 5

TOOL 5

TDO 5

VE 1

Legion 6

RoK 4

GATO 5

CSN 3

Athens 2

Gremlins 8

MCXA 5

UPN 5

RIA 3

STA 2

Invicta 5

RnR 6

MASH 5

NADC 5

WAPA 5

NV 3

NSO 1

NEW 5

MA 3

Umbrella 9

FAN 7

LoSS 4

TSO 9

NATO 5

Nordreich 3

GR 4

Vanguard 1

GOD 1

FoB 5

PC 5

Valhalla 5

GGA 4

TPF 5

TOP - (8) I quite enjoy the company of you Paradoxians, especially having hung out in you radio channel before. Umar Ibn Khalid, I'm no longer the disappointed one. Also I share an appreciation for walls of text, right bodvar?

It will take some time to believe that, disappointed one :P

Too true, also VE should count themselves luckier than most...at least you guys are not flying ODN AA tags, we are reviled in all corners of planet Bob due to our past and christ we have worked hard to rectify those mistakes..alas according to this thread to little effect :mellow:

Hey, remember people will always find the need for unwarranted dislike, it gives purpose ;)

Yeah good point, it still sticks in the craw from time to time however.

You know, as odd as this may sound, I think the ODN's problem is they've done little PUBLICALLY of late. People don't know enough about the ODN of today, but they know a LOT about the ODN of yesterday. Maybe a little face time with the world would do ODN a bit of good.

Dude, I gave you a 4...... and a promise for my last dance, most people would be more than happy with that.

1-4 I really dislike you

5 Don't know you/Neutral

6-8 Like you

9- :wub: you

10- no one is perfect

TOP 7

MHA 6

Sparta 5

NpO 6

IRON 8

ODN 7

FARK 5

GPA 5

NPO 7

FOK 6

MK 5

WTF 5

TOOL 5

TDO 5

VE 5

Legion- Biased

RoK 7

GATO 6

CSN 3

Athens 4

Gremlins 5

MCXA 6

UPN 9

RIA 5

STA 5

Invicta 8

RnR 5

MASH 9

NADC 9

WAPA 5

NV 7

NSO 5

NEW 5

MA 7

Umbrella 5

FAN 5

LoSS 5

TSO 5

NATO 5

Nordreich 5

GR 5

Vanguard 4

GOD 5

FoB 1

PC 5

Valhalla 8

GGA 6

TPF 5

You know, as odd as this may sound, I think the ODN's problem is they've done little PUBLICALLY of late. People don't know enough about the ODN of today, but they know a LOT about the ODN of yesterday. Maybe a little face time with the world would do ODN a bit of good.

Well we have tried to make some very public changes lately with the streamlining of our FA and stuff...i suppose we are also waiting for the opportunity to show our worth and to dispel the shadows of the past that has so tormented us, perhaps your right but we remain by and large wary of the BB's as more often than not it has been a deeply hostile place.

Dude, I gave you a 4...... and a promise for my last dance, most people would be more than happy with that.

Heh so you did, it would be an honor if you knock on my door when the time comes Pansy ;)

Edited by Cataduanes

Heh so you did, it would be an honor if you knock on my door when the time comes Pansy ;)

Just sorting out the $1bn warchest, ala BnT style, and I will be coming for that dance sweet cheeks.

Though I think Joracy will get a little jealous if we leave him watching too long :lol1:

You should know that sometimes talk is just that, but if you're so certain there's a plot against your alliance, you could always jump the gun, man up, do something about it, put up or shut up, and a whole lot more and actually start it.

You can even start it with an all wu-tang soundtrack. That would be so dope.

All in due time. The relative size difference between those that I'm referring to and the NSO would make starting a conflict between us a bit foolish on our part. I know you'd love to see us go off and get ourselves killed, but we're not stupid.

The Wu-Tang soundtrack would be dope though.