Rating alliances

Azaghul

So what you're saying is CSN is a terrible alliance?

*sigh* I was waiting for someone without much love for astronaut jones to come back with something like this.

I believe what he was talking about was a broad cross-section of the membership of any particular alliance. If you honestly have a wealth of bad experiences with CSN to match that definition, I'm sorry and I hope we can change that opinion in the future. Otherwise, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from flaming us as a whole because you disagree with the words of one of our members and/or dislike them personally.

Thanks. :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe you missed the greater point that you don't need to actually know the inner workings of an alliance to form an opinion about them, and you don't dislike an alliance while having no opinion about them.

I'm sure I've painted many an alliance in a bad light in a number of people's eyes simply by being a member, you said so yourself in the thread, more or less (a few posts back), so he's not ignorant for forming his opinions of NSO based on the words/actions of your membership. Everyone does it, to say anyone is immune to that is just ridiculous. Praise be to charles barkley.

Oh no, I got your point.

My point is that, in general, "liking" someone is something the little girls do in elementary school. Send the note, check the box...is it Maybe? Pointless stuff diplomatically. I am a pragmatist. I understand that there are points in time when you work with, or at least are not antagonistic towards, those you dislike in order to gain a greater goal. Most of my rankings that were not 5s had very little to do with my actual like or dislike of the posting styles presented here but more to do with their antagonism towards NSO, much of which has no merit or justification.

Agitation without direction is wasteful. If direction is wanted, then bring it.

:awesome:

Stunning to say the least. :blink:

Bob Sanders <3

You'd be sorely disappointed.

And really? That's what you consider aggression? You just witnessed a slapfight.

Hoo, such an aggressive man. Gosh ^_^

Also, I'll do one.

TOP - 10

*sigh* I was waiting for someone without much love for astronaut jones to come back with something like this.

I believe what he was talking about was a broad cross-section of the membership of any particular alliance. If you honestly have a wealth of bad experiences with CSN to match that definition, I'm sorry and I hope we can change that opinion in the future. Otherwise, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from flaming us as a whole because you disagree with the words of one of our members and/or dislike them personally.

Thanks. :)

If you don't like CSN because of me, that's fine. I don't like NSO because of you, so hey, we should go out for lunch some time, but no shrimp. Praise be to charles barkley.

Just using a counter-example to point out the silliness of the argument, is all.

Let's see;

"aggressive" behaviour - check

[ooc]multis[/ooc] in various alliances - check

recruiting from various alliances - check

dragging allies into precarious positions - check

brown team - check

fanboy follow - check

Replicating such greats as 2006 GATO brings a tear to my eye.

[ooc]Also pretty sure a shark in a barrel is easier to shoot than a fish in a barrel. Snap all you want, but jaws wouldn't have spawned a sequal if he was kept in a barrel.[/ooc]

These are failures??

You'd be sorely disappointed.

And really? That's what you consider aggression? You just witnessed a slapfight.

Some people consider a slapfight aggressive. :shrug:

You don't make a habit of them either.

Define our use of "trollesque" :awesome:

You have certain members who use a style of debate that resorts to personal attacks a bit too often. On the whole I don't loathe STA, which makes the behavior of those individuals...unfortunate.

Oh no, I got your point.

My point is that, in general, "liking" someone is something the little girls do in elementary school. Send the note, check the box...is it Maybe? Pointless stuff diplomatically. I am a pragmatist. I understand that there are points in time when you work with, or at least are not antagonistic towards, those you dislike in order to gain a greater goal. Most of my rankings that were not 5s had very little to do with my actual like or dislike of the posting styles presented here but more to do with their antagonism towards NSO, much of which has no merit or justification.

Agitation without direction is wasteful. If direction is wanted, then bring it.

Ahhh, okay, I get where you're coming from then. Sometimes agitation is just good ol' fun though, but, you know that by now.

Just using a counter-example to point out the silliness of the argument, is all.

Except the argument is valid, you may claim to not actually base your opinions of alliances on how their membership acts towards you, but, you do. It's not even something to be ashamed of, everyone, at one point in time, has let one person taint their opinion of an entire group.

So be it. I figured you'd have embraced the role, being "sith" and all. Oh well. Praise be to charles barkley.

You have certain members who use a style of debate that resorts to personal attacks a bit too often. On the whole I don't loathe STA, which makes the behavior of those individuals...unfortunate.

Sometimes debates require the use of telling/revealing the truth, this doesn't always come across too well to the person you are debating with/against.

So some of those "individuals" point things out, usually its more to a point rather than just posting to anger everyone in the thread.

Except the argument is valid, you may claim to not actually base your opinions of alliances on how their membership acts towards you, but, you do. It's not even something to be ashamed of, everyone, at one point in time, has let one person taint their opinion of an entire group.

So be it. I figured you'd have embraced the role, being "sith" and all. Oh well. Praise be to charles barkley.

Oh, I don't mind that people hate the NSO. That is part of the plot.

It is the failure of the haters to actually formulate good reasons for the hate that annoys me. If you are going to play the hero against our villain then be a damn hero, not some coward that hopes someone else will do your dirty work for you, putting pointless jabs out periodically in hopes of landing a hit.

I get that feeling everytime I see you post. Sometimes I swear it's not even the same person who played in '06 that's posting.

I'm happy to see that at the very least you've used your three years here to improve your skill in debate. You can actually string strawmen together now.

That being said, being painfully vague in attempting to launch ad hominems does not actually score you points, rather it simply leaves folks scratching their heads and not giving a damn about whatever it is you're trying to say. Consider it a free debating tip.