Under-rated/Over-rated alliances

Hyperion321

Just out of curiosity...why is that?

At the risk of pissing you off with bluntness, but in the interests of clarity.

Sparta's performance during the war was !@#$@#$ terrible, I know you've improved since then, becuase frankly, I don't see how it could have been worse. Alliances a quarter your size fought harder and did more damage.

Thats not to say you didn't have some good individuals (hi tulak!) but your level of engagement, coordination, and effect was just sad. The most famous case would have to be the two weeks Kingdom of Dark spent in war mode completely unengaged before slipping back into peace mode while your number 1 nation (at the time) was conducting a tech deal instead of engaging the enemy despite direct orders.

You failed to fight as an alliance, so as a result far smaller, but better organized groups had a larger effect on the war. Thats why the "over rated" label, your huge both members and NS, but haven't successfully harnessed all your potential yet.

Now I'm not trying to insult you, VE got creamed our first major war too, NAAC cleaned our clocks but good in GW2, and we learned a lot from that conflict, hopefully your military learned as much as from the Karma war.

Now I like you guys, I really do, but hopefully you've lit a fire under your DoD in the after math of the war.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I disliked Bama before it was cool then. ^_^

I can't be bothered going and reading the terms but is this another Invicta argument? 'We got <alliance> taken out of the war so... yay...' cause that's a terrible argument. Long story short I don't judge TOOL only on Bama's actions and if you're conceding their military preparedness then that's pretty much everything.

I don't remember the terms exactly, but they involved Sparta and whoever giving a few actual concessions to TOOL. This was after a few white peaces, and nobody had any reason to expect TOOL to sit around in the war forever, they weren't that deeply tied into it. But their terms somehow managed to be even better than white peace, despite being on the massively overwhelmed side of the fight. TOOL are generally quiet, but they definitely are competent and can handle themselves well, which automatically puts them above like half the alliances currently out there, including let's say at least a third of the sanctioned alliances.

Zoom is very wrong, hating Bama and his incessant posting and -Bama'ing has been around far longer than since the karma year. Almost since his debut here I'd say.

I know I just wanted to boost my own ego and pretend like I started the anti-Bama craze. :(

It's not really anything to do with you guys being under/overrated, I just find it funny that Sparta would take shots at NSO when Sparta is such a terrible alliance. And so many reasons too. Aegis and getting sent to pink, staying there for so long, having Sparta as your theme while having no culture besides 300 references, having Sparta as your theme while having such a god-awful military, leaving the Continuum then calling it Toilet Seat in about the space of a day, your performance in the Karma war, getting to #2 in the game through reliance on your theme that is nothing but a facade. I'm sure I'm missing a few more reasons, but that's a start.

lol, this is actually a really good post.

Edit:

I don't remember the terms exactly, but they involved Sparta and whoever giving a few actual concessions to TOOL. This was after a few white peaces, and nobody had any reason to expect TOOL to sit around in the war forever, they weren't that deeply tied into it. But their terms somehow managed to be even better than white peace, despite being on the massively overwhelmed side of the fight. TOOL are generally quiet, but they definitely are competent and can handle themselves well, which automatically puts them above like half the alliances currently out there, including let's say at least a third of the sanctioned alliances.

Well, this kinda just makes me think even less of Sparta tbh. I can just imagine the negotiations...

'Hi, I'm Salmia! :wub:'

'We'll do anything you want...'

Edited by WildThing

Zoom is very wrong, hating Bama and his incessant posting and -Bama'ing has been around far longer than since the karma year. Almost since his debut here I'd say.

Heh, 6.7 posts per day isn't quite incessant. And nobody really made fun of the "-Bama" thing til the war. Though what's really funny is that people think it'll offend me or something.

-Bama

I really do not see where any of this "malcontent" with Bama is coming from. Having personally fought and served alongside him both as a Phoenix and a friend through the long months of the karma war, his true nature was shown to the world. He is honorable beyond all measure, willing to give himself for the cause, and is generally an all around polite and friendly person. I really see no point to it.

Edited by Airikr

Guess I disliked Bama before it was cool then. ^_^

I can't be bothered going and reading the terms but is this another Invicta argument? 'We got <alliance> taken out of the war so... yay...' cause that's a terrible argument. Long story short I don't judge TOOL only on Bama's actions and if you're conceding their military preparedness then that's pretty much everything.

How is it a terrible arguement when it was done on such a large scale?

5 ) Sparta, DT, AO, and Brig agree NOT to declare war, offensively, against any of the following alliances: IRON, TPF, FEAR, NEW, UCN, Zenith or NPO until the end of the "Karma" War.

I'd say that was pretty damn impressive. They're very underrated when it comes to foreign affairs.

Aegis and getting sent to pink, staying there for so long,

So we're terrible today because of decisions and color movements that were literally years ago? That is like saying TOOL is horrible because they had a low average NS years ago.

having Sparta as your theme while having no culture besides 300 references

You do not know our culture. Do not pretend to do so.

having Sparta as your theme while having such a god-awful military

Really?....I mean....come on. :mellow:

leaving the Continuum then calling it Toilet Seat in about the space of a day

Some former friends in Q called us allies and then traitors in nearly the same space of time, and that was before we left.

your performance in the Karma war

has been beaten to death.

getting to #2 in the game through reliance on your theme that is nothing but a facade.

Um...what? You don't get 13 mil NS by quoting 300 all day.

I'm sure I'm missing a few more reasons, but that's a start.

You hate us for a lot of reasons that could be easily cleared up by just getting to know us.

Edited by Hyperion321

How is it a terrible arguement when it was done on such a large scale?

I'd say that was pretty damn impressive. They're very underrated when it comes to foreign affairs.

Sparta was practically a liability from the start and getting them out of the war probably helped Karma. Not to mention the fact that I bet Sparta was very happy with that clause themselves. They barely put any effort into the war anyway and just wanted to come out #1 afterwards. I refer you back to my last post of how negotiations went. :v:

has been beaten to death.

It doesn't matter how many times anyone says it that isn't a rebuttal, and it certainly doesn't detract from the fact that your performance was terrible. And even if that were the only negative thing about Sparta it would be a pretty good reason for you to be over-rated.

Also the obvious mentions: Andromeda in their prime, tLC, NSO, Jedi Order.. All the alliances these days run by single personalities because they can't stand not being in charge. Sparta, TOOL and MHA also fit in here I guess but I don't think anyone really rated them in the first place.

Under-Rated: Fark at military ability, FOK, MK, Umbrella.

lol

We rate?

Sparta was practically a liability from the start and getting them out of the war probably helped Karma. Not to mention the fact that I bet Sparta was very happy with that clause themselves. They barely put any effort into the war anyway and just wanted to come out #1 afterwards. I refer you back to my last post of how negotiations went. :v:

Sparta still continued on the NPO front. It was mostly GK working the negotiations while on completely different time zones of many in the war. I don't think the man slept for a few days straight.

It doesn't matter how many times anyone says it that isn't a rebuttal, and it certainly doesn't detract from the fact that your performance was terrible. And even if that were the only negative thing about Sparta it would be a pretty good reason for you to be over-rated.

He did not say over rated. He said terrible.

I understand how it could make us over rated. I do not understand how it makes us a terrible alliance.

Let's face it, there's nothing particularly interesting about Sparta besides the 300 reference. I'd venture to guess that it is the reason.

You too know nothing of our culture.

edit: "-bama" is a childish thing to make fun of. OMG HE SIGNS HIS NAME AFTER EVERY POST HURRRRRRR

Edited by Hyperion321

Guess I'll throw in my $.02 as well...

Overrated: FoK, Athens

Underrated: Monos Archein, NEW (our old OPP brothers who have never been anything but impressive) and FAN (I think people consider FAN a bit of an afterthought, but any alliance that can survive the crap they endured and continue keep going deserves respect, no matter what you think of them personally).

Why would you say RoK is overrated? I am genuinely curious.

Heh. I don't have a big list like I do for Sparta. Mainly it's because you dropped so much in the Karma war, and were on the winning side. And because after Hoo left you guys were big and sanctioned but didn't seem to have any 'strong' leaders, at least not ones that were big personalities like Hoo. But maybe they were internally focused :/

Heh. I don't have a big list like I do for Sparta. Mainly it's because you dropped so much in the Karma war, and were on the winning side. And because after Hoo left you guys were big and sanctioned but didn't seem to have any 'strong' leaders, at least not ones that were big personalities like Hoo. But maybe they were internally focused :/

For the record, I wouldnt consider Rok overrated now. With Hoo back and members like Welsh and KaitlinK joining Rok from MA, they're doing just fine in the great personalities and great leaders pool.