Under-rated/Over-rated alliances

Hyperion321

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With so many people saying MHA and Sparta more or less "suck", I'm starting to wonder if that means we were ever rated high enough to be considered "over-rated" to being with :P

You were before your nations unequivocally refused to fight and you did prettymuch nothing about it.

Sorry, you did nothing at the time to compel others not to do the same.

Indeed we didn't, which is regrettable, but you are not the first to point this problem out to us after we've already seen it. We've looked at the issue extensively, and our current member purges and legislative changes are in an effort to ensure such a thing never happens again.

TOP is overrated. I think you'd see a lot of the sentiment expressed here emerging if they ever faced a serious threat to their existence. "Welp, my nation sucks, I've got no reason to play!" Sparta and especially MHA go without saying.

There's quite a distance between serious threat and "my nation sucks", which I'm certain any who challenge will find.  

Also, there's no difference between an OOC reset and an IC threat at all.  I'm sure all responses apply to both.   :mellow:

Edited by Dr. Dan

Indeed we didn't, which is regrettable, but you are not the first to point this problem out to us after we've already seen it. We've looked at the issue extensively, and our current member purges and legislative changes are in an effort to ensure such a thing never happens again.

Either way your demonstrated performance in relation to your statistical position leads most to believe you're overrated by the latter measure.

There's quite a distance between serious threat and "my nation sucks", which I'm certain any who challenge will find.  

Also, there's no difference between an OOC reset and an IC threat at all.  I'm sure all responses apply to both.   :mellow:

In my experience there really isn't. People who don't want to see their nations destroyed even if it's for the overall betterment of the game probably don't want to see their nations destroyed because someone has it out for their alliance. Infra-hugging tends to transcend the in-game/out-of-game barrier.

You were before your nations unequivocally refused to fight and you did prettymuch nothing about it.

To be fair, they were very equivocal about it <_< .

Anyhow, I think a bunch of people don't really know what overrated means. I have yet to see someone overrate Sparta, and I do look. For the most part, just about everyone is quite consistent in their rating of us -_- .

I think ODN is underrated. They get a ton of crap for things that happened a long time ago. They haven't really done anything to shed the criticism, but they get more crap then they probably deserve.

I think NSO is overrated. Especially by NSO.

Edited by Trinite

In my experience there really isn't. People who don't want to see their nations destroyed even if it's for the overall betterment of the game probably don't want to see their nations destroyed because someone has it out for their alliance. Infra-hugging tends to transcend the in-game/out-of-game barrier.

Some of our members were in favor, some were not, and some said they'd quit (3/9 of those that posted) in the reset.  A reset would be instantaneous, where as an in-game one for a nation would not be.  There would be death and destruction first.  So, insulting our staying power as you did in your first post does not equate.  In fact, I find that laughable considering how we run our nations.

Now, if you over-rate us for caring about us more than "the game health" (oh so subjective), be my guest.  I won't take that personally and I'd imagine most people view things the same way as us in that aspect.  People play the game for themselves, not others.

Also, no alliance wants to see their nations destroyed because someone has it out for them unless they're masochists (most aren't).  

Edited by Dr. Dan

I would definitely say that Fark is overrated, since they don't have some of the leadership one can see in other alliances their size. Also, NADC is always overrated, since some alliances still sign treaties with them. As far as underrated alliances, I would place GOD and RIA in that category, since they have few numbers, but i wouldn't want to eet them together in a dark alley

With so many people saying MHA and Sparta more or less "suck", I'm starting to wonder if that means we were ever rated high enough to be considered "over-rated" to begin with :P
To be fair, they were very equivocal about it <_< .

Anyhow, I think a bunch of people don't really know what overrated means. I have yet to see someone overrate Sparta, and I do look. For the most part, just about everyone is quite consistent in their rating of us -_- .

I think ODN is underrated. They get a ton of crap for things that happened a long time ago. They haven't really done anything to shed the criticism, but they get more crap then they probably deserve.

I think NSO is overrated. Especially by NSO.

Fair points.

I was thinking most about if you just looked at stats. Based both on performance during the Karma war and also facing hard conflicts to trim the fat.