Under-rated/Over-rated alliances

Hyperion321

Legion on the other hand weasels its way out of obligations, has no military prowess, and surrenders even faster than TOOL does.

bold words from an alliance that has has only a 1/3 of our score :P

so you can understand if i dont take you comment seriously

as for TDO, i feel people underestimate them, u can disagree but any alliance that is sanctioned got up there somehow so kudos to them ^_^

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bold words from an alliance that has has only a 1/3 of our score :P

so you can understand if i dont take you comment seriously

as for TDO, i feel people underestimate them, u can disagree but any alliance that is sanctioned got up there somehow so kudos to them ^_^

Did I say IAA was bigger? No. But we have something Legion doesn't: a spine.

hm............

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=56117

9 alliances against one yeah we have no spine :lol1:

nice try kiddo :P

So you managed to be guilt tripped into one war. Congratulations.

You've also managed to prove that all that NS Legion hoards is completely useless in battle. If you actually decide to stand with your allies, that is.

Edited by Mathias

Pretty much all of the alliances that I don't think are as strong as their NS/score have that reputation already... so I guess they aren't overrated.

Before the Karma war I hadn't heard much about BAPS and OMFG, but they impressed me so I'll say I underrated them.

Edited by Joe Kremlin

So you managed to be guilt tripped into one war. Congratulations.

You've also managed to proved that all that NS Legion hoards is completely useless in battle. If you actually decide to stand with your allies, that is.

your starting to make less and less sense

not standing with allies?

guilt tripped into war?

Useless hoards of NS?

wow, im starting to see the world class thinking of the IAA's MoD! :P

Also the obvious mentions: Andromeda in their prime, tLC, NSO, Jedi Order.. All the alliances these days run by single personalities because they can't stand not being in charge. Sparta, TOOL and MHA also fit in here I guess but I don't think anyone really rated them in the first place.

If you get someone better send them my way. I am happy to work with someone more competent than myself. I have appointed and served with quite a few.

But, I prefer being overrated. Overrated keeps us on the radar, at least for now.

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

Yes, I think you're right. Mmmm, so ODN's gonna be judging STA's military ability eh? Very interesting. :P

Oh hush. You know I was talking about NpO. So it was just an upgrade. You want to jump in and agree with the dude slamming STA, or are you just gonna dance around like you are?

If you get someone better send them my way. I am happy to work with someone more competent than myself. I have appointed and served with quite a few.

But, I prefer being underrated. Underrated keeps us off the radar, at least for now.

I would be happy to take over.

You are anything but off the radar currently.. And about as far from under-rated as possible.

Also, who's your newest ally that can testify for STA's fighting ability? NpO was a treaty upgrade.. So was Ronin. I can't even remember who your newest ally was but I doubt they'd be a great judge of STA's military ability. :v:

I'm still waiting to be impressed by Argent...

Oh, and don't try boasting about "how well you rolled Zenith, ask them, they'll tell you how much we own"

No, that isn't owning..

Oh hush. You know I was talking about NpO. So it was just an upgrade. You want to jump in and agree with the dude slamming STA, or are you just gonna dance around like you are?

The dude slamming STA was being facetious as lebubu already said. Twas a joke Heinous, no need to always be on the defensive.

Anyway, I rather like dancing around.

@Skippy: crikey, another one. What is it with you guys and missing jokes and immediately getting all angsty. I like STA, but I guess we'll have to wait for the inevitable Citadel vs Frostbite war everyone's talking about to impress each other.

/me muses

Sad to see such bad blood still between IAA and us, but thats to be expected I suppose. However, I would think you would be more honorable then to infer cowardice and guilt trips regarding situations you frankly have no knowledge of. We gave as good as we got, actually better. Are we overrated? Frankly I think that we might be underrated, in that many decide to write us off as a non-entity. Yet, I won't deny that we have a lot of fluff as well. Unfortunately declaring open season on the bottom 100 of our inactive members who just sit at 1k NS isn't a very popular move. I look forward to seeing what NSO has to offer Ivan.

@Skippy: crikey, another one. What is it with you guys and missing jokes and immediately getting all angsty. I like STA, but I guess we'll have to wait for the inevitable Citadel vs Frostbite war everyone's talking about to impress each other.

Eh, I could start sledging Argent and then say it was a joke, I'm sure you wouldn't be laughing. Either way, we'll all find out eventually.

The dude slamming STA was being facetious as lebubu already said. Twas a joke Heinous, no need to always be on the defensive.

Anyway, I rather like dancing around.

I acknowledged the facetious comment yet what do you know someone had to go and make more of my comment. I realize it was a joke yet now I have to respond to you guys blowing my comment out of proportion with your twistings.

Citadel vs Frostbite huh? So you guys planning on rolling us? You really think Frostbite would start such? Very interesting.

WorldConqueror, it seems you find us to be a horrible alliance because we were on pink for a little bit longer than you would have preferred (among other things). My question is why do you give a !@#$ about how long we were on pink? We had allies and protectorates on the sphere and stayed for as long as we could before we simply could not survive economically. Another reason we stayed is that we had an easy sanction on pink, whereas black was notoriously unstable back then. In our position, in that point in time, our hesitancy to change spheres was perfectly fine.

So....what's the problem?

Edited by Hyperion321

Well, this kinda just makes me think even less of Sparta tbh. I can just imagine the negotiations...

'Hi, I'm Salmia! :wub:'

'We'll do anything you want...'

First of all, no one calls me Salmia. xD Second of all, the implying that my gender has to do with anything I do is completely wrong. I don't use my gender at all and it isn't an advantage in this game. If anything, it makes it worse due to fanboys/perverts that I don't encourage. While I'm aware that you don't know who I am, I don't use my gender that way and Sparta certainly wasn't affected by it since I wasn't the main participant in Sparta. To be honest, I had no interactions with Sparta that I recall before TOOL went to war with them. So I wouldn't have had any impacts on it. I wasn't a main participant in the negotiations. Though assumptions that I use my gender are of course wonderful.

That would only hold water if Mia were actually involved in the negotiations. She wasn't around at the time.

Actually, Jarkko, I was around for negotiations near the end. I just didn't participate in the actual negotiating. That was GK's job.

I acknowledged the facetious comment yet what do you know someone had to go and make more of my comment. I realize it was a joke yet now I have to respond to you guys blowing my comment out of proportion with your twistings.

Citadel vs Frostbite huh? So you guys planning on rolling us? You really think Frostbite would start such? Very interesting.

Jesus Christ, I just wanted giggle over the fact that the NpO upgrade wasn't a new ally and suddenly I'm twisting your words and blowing things out of proportion. I'll go ahead and apologize I guess because you know I like you Heinous and it wasn't meant as a slight against you.

And yeah.. We are planning on rolling you, but only because we know you're planning on rolling us.

Jesus Christ, I just wanted giggle over the fact that the NpO upgrade wasn't a new ally and suddenly I'm twisting your words and blowing things out of proportion. I'll go ahead and apologize I guess because you know I like you Heinous and it wasn't meant as a slight against you.

And yeah.. We are planning on rolling you, but only because we know you're planning on rolling us.

;)

We are so gonna roll you guys.

First of all, no one calls me Salmia. xD Second of all, the implying that my gender has to do with anything I do is completely wrong. I don't use my gender at all and it isn't an advantage in this game. If anything, it makes it worse due to fanboys/perverts that I don't encourage. While I'm aware that you don't know who I am, I don't use my gender that way and Sparta certainly wasn't affected by it since I wasn't the main participant in Sparta. To be honest, I had no interactions with Sparta that I recall before TOOL went to war with them. So I wouldn't have had any impacts on it. I wasn't a main participant in the negotiations. Though assumptions that I use my gender are of course wonderful.

Actually, Jarkko, I was around for negotiations near the end. I just didn't participate in the actual negotiating. That was GK's job.

I know you probably don't mean to use your gender in the way I mentioned, I'm just well aware of CN's notorious white-knighting, underground culture, so to be honest.. It's not really up to you. :P Although I have actually heard you bring up your gender a few times on IRC, but I'll just take your word for it. I do respect your abilities, from what I've heard of them.

I said someone better.

And I said hello, glad we've sorted that out.

;)

We are so gonna roll you guys.

Something else to add to our consistently growing CB.

P.S. No you're not, we will destroy you.

lol Good luck with that, I'm sure you've got a nice list of all the times we've said something that hurt your feelings. Eventually you'll post a DoW with all of our little "mishaps" in one nice big wall of text.

So sorry we can't be brilliant all of the time :D