Under-rated/Over-rated alliances

Hyperion321

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, I wouldnt consider Rok overrated now. With Hoo back and members like Welsh and KaitlinK joining Rok from MA, they're doing just fine in the great personalities and great leaders pool.

We'll just have to wait and see. Just got to hope RoK doesn't go back to eating its protectorates on a regular basis. But eh, good luck to them.

So we're terrible today because of decisions and color movements that were literally years ago? That is like saying TOOL is horrible because they had a low average NS years ago.

If I was to form an opinion on Sparta right this second, I'd probably think you were cool because you are #2, and are Spartan themed. Unfortunately for you guys, I look at the whole picture.

You do not know our culture. Do not pretend to do so.

The only memorable thing that comes to mind about Sparta is spouting the meme "This is madness" "This is (fill the blank in caps)". You are a cookie cutter alliance with a 300 movie poster pasted over it.

Really?....I mean....come on. :mellow:

Yes, really. If you can't see that, Sparta is an even worse alliance than I already thought.

Some former friends in Q called us allies and then traitors in nearly the same space of time, and that was before we left.

If that's true, it's ok for you to do it because someone else did it? Are we using kindergarten logic now?

has been beaten to death.

Does mean the point is not valid.

Um...what? You don't get 13 mil NS by quoting 300 all day.

How many of the members that make up that NS do you think joined Sparta because it is Spartan themed?

You hate us for a lot of reasons that could be easily cleared up by just getting to know us.

I've been playing this game for 2 and a half years, and I was allied to you in the Continuum for god knows how long. I know you far better than I'd like to.

They fought !@#$@#$ hard. That's no reason to call them over-rated.

They were the crowning jewel of SF, and still are, to an extent. They were expected to come in and smash NPO, and they dropped quicker than we did. And look at them now. They haven't exactly bounced back from the war either.

If I was to form an opinion on Sparta right this second, I'd probably think you were cool because you are #2, and are Spartan themed. Unfortunately for you guys, I look at the whole picture.

The only memorable thing that comes to mind about Sparta is spouting the meme "This is madness" "This is (fill the blank in caps)". You are a cookie cutter alliance with a 300 movie poster pasted over it.

Yes, really. If you can't see that, Sparta is an even worse alliance than I already thought.

If that's true, it's ok for you to do it because someone else did it? Are we using kindergarten logic now?

Does mean the point is not valid.

How many of the members that make up that NS do you think joined Sparta because it is Spartan themed?

I've been playing this game for 2 and a half years, and I was allied to you in the Continuum for god knows how long. I know you far better than I'd like to.

Spartan Culture is more than just 300 quotes, and who cares if they attract people because they're #2 and Spartan themed. Doesn't that mean they're recruiting effectively without actually doing much? Is it because the people they attract are newbies? Newbies grow up and learn. Everyone starts somewhere.

Seriously, you guys can hardly start acting all elitist about this kinda stuff. You were #1 for a while, don't you remember? And as a result you attracted alot of attention from the newbies? I'm aware many of them were ghosts etc, but I am sure you gained quite a few members from that.

NV is definitely a good one, never hear about them anymore.

How is GATO overrated? :huh:

i have nothing against them and respect how they got over everything that happened but i have a sinking feeling they will lose a !@#$ ton of members in a big war, i see there ANS and thats what makes me think of this and i have not seen them fight anyone recently but i definitely could be wrong but thats my perspective from the outside.

Obviously you are not. You are only looking at your negative opinions.

As I said, you obviously do not know us then.

It's just a theme man. Chill the $%&@ out.

Far from it. Personally, I'd rather it not have been done by either side at all.

Some join for 300. Most stay for everything else.

You do not know us. You don't even have an account on our forums.

5 ) Sparta, DT, AO, and Brig agree NOT to declare war, offensively, against any of the following alliances: IRON, TPF, FEAR, NEW, UCN, Zenith or NPO until the end of the "Karma" War.
I'd say that was pretty damn impressive. They're very underrated when it comes to foreign affairs.

I like TOOL. They are good people, so I don't say this to be mean.

IRON was already well in hand with Gromlins, RoK and Fark.

TPF was being demolished by MK and PC

NPO was being stomped by what seemed like 100 AAs

FEAR and UCN were no threat.

Between us and RAD, Zenith was being razed.

Only on the NEW front did it help at all. Those guys seemed to be able to throw down and had outmatched their opponents. So while it was slightly better than white peace, it really wasn't that impactful.

For all the people making fun of the -Bama, he's been doing it for years, and your just now getting on him about it? I think you people look for reasons to hate on people. The -Bama thing is what makes Bama cool.

agreed he would just be another poster without it :P

I'd say that was pretty damn impressive. They're very underrated when it comes to foreign affairs.

I'd say it is more to do with how piss-weak those Karma alliances were rather than any super-human performance by TOOL. I don't have anything against TOOL and get along with them quite well but the only reason they got those ridiculous terms was because of the weakness and naivete of the Karma alliances fighting them.

Spartan Culture is more than just 300 quotes, and who cares if they attract people because they're #2 and Spartan themed. Doesn't that mean they're recruiting effectively without actually doing much? Is it because the people they attract are newbies? Newbies grow up and learn. Everyone starts somewhere.

Seriously, you guys can hardly start acting all elitist about this kinda stuff. You were #1 for a while, don't you remember? And as a result you attracted alot of attention from the newbies? I'm aware many of them were ghosts etc, but I am sure you gained quite a few members from that.

I don't hold the fact that they get recruits from that against them, I just think it's a bit silly to boast about being #2 and 13M NS when that is the chief cause of it.

And yes, we were #1, and probably got attention from noobs because of it. But we worked to get there, we deserved to be there, and we could back up our ranking. Sparta obviously can't.

I agree with evryone before me, stating that we at TOP are overrated, on an human basis we basicly can´t be as good as you all expect us to be :( ,

same goes for NSO, they can´t be as bad as evryone expect, so they are too, overrated.

For underrated i´d go with polar and iron, as both will be the main powerhouses for the next decade.

edit: no, english is not the friend of the Ant :(

Edited by necAnt

I don't hold the fact that they get recruits from that against them, I just think it's a bit silly to boast about being #2 and 13M NS when that is the chief cause of it.

And yes, we were #1, and probably got attention from noobs because of it. But we worked to get there, we deserved to be there, and we could back up our ranking. Sparta obviously can't.

You hid behind a bunch of allies and bullied smaller alliances. You couldn't back up your ranking alone anymore than Sparta can.

You don't get anywhere in this game without work. NPO worked it's $@! off and killed a lot of people to get where they were. Sparta may not have bloodied up all opposition for three years to get to the top, but we sure as hell worked to get everything we have today.

Obviously you are not. You are only looking at your negative opinions.

Sparta has no redeeming features to counteract them.

It's just a theme man. Chill the $%&@ out.

Actually, that was in response to you asking "Really?" when I said you have a god-awful military. In case you don't know, the real life Sparta in Ancient Greece was probably the most militaristic society in history. Somehow I thought that an alliance based on that would at least have a halfway decent military.

Far from it. Personally, I'd rather it not have been done by either side at all.

But you decided to retaliate anyway?

You do not know us. You don't even have an account on our forums.

No, I don't. I hardly think that means I don't know you though. I seem to remember Spartans making posts on the OWF and in AA since I've been playing.