Under-rated/Over-rated alliances

Hyperion321

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of our members were in favor, some were not, and some said they'd quit (3/9 of those that posted) in the reset.  A reset would be instantaneous, where as an in-game one for a nation would not be.  There would be death and destruction first.  So, insulting our staying power as you did in your first post does not equate.  In fact, I find that laughable considering how we run our nations.

Now, if you over-rate us for caring about us more than "the game health" (oh so subjective), be my guest.  I won't take that personally and I'd imagine most people view things the same way as us in that aspect.  People play the game for themselves, not others.

Also, no alliance wants to see their nations destroyed because someone has it out for them unless they're masochists (most aren't).  

I'll catch you on IRC about it sometime. If I respond this thread will never recover. :P

I think that most of the alliances listed get the credit they quite deserve.

I can't think of any vastly overrated alliances but I can think of a couple of underrated alliances.

ODN, Legion, NPO are a couple right now that I think are very underrated.

Point me to where it said current alliances, and I'll concede your point, buddy.

My point never needed for me to point out this was for current alliances only as that was never a claim. The point is how ridiculous it is comparing current alliances with one you thought overrated and hadn't existed for years. The massive changes in mechanics and the way things are done on an organizational level make it near impossible to make any sort of reasonable comparison.

Anyone who mentions gremlins hasnt seen them clash with IRON in the Karma war. That was an epic fight and the target coordination was stealing my sleep for serveral days. Both alliances performed well.

Edited by HellAngel

My point never needed for me to point out this was for current alliances only as that was never a claim. The point is how ridiculous it is comparing current alliances with one you thought overrated and hadn't existed for years. The massive changes in mechanics and the way things are done on an organizational level make it near impossible to make any sort of reasonable comparison.

TDSM8 disbanded in the wake of the WotC, so around a year. And who said we were comparing alliances? If all alliances were crap, the best one wouldn't become awesome, they'd just be slightly less crap than the rest. You don't have to compare something to something else to decide if its over/underrated or not. TDSM8 was underrated when they were around, and are underrated now since they are largely forgotten and never mentioned.

TOP is overrated. I think you'd see a lot of the sentiment expressed here emerging if they ever faced a serious threat to their existence. "Welp, my nation sucks, I've got no reason to play!" Sparta and especially MHA go without saying.

I agree. We are overrated stat huggers.

TDSM8 disbanded in the wake of the WotC, so around a year. And who said we were comparing alliances? If all alliances were crap, the best one wouldn't become awesome, they'd just be slightly less crap than the rest. You don't have to compare something to something else to decide if its over/underrated or not. TDSM8 was underrated when they were around, and are underrated now since they are largely forgotten and never mentioned.

How the hell can you rate an alliance if you don't make comparisons to others? That's the whole basis of "rating" anything. Ratings are all relative. If everyone was crap, then that becomes the norm/average by definition. Then they wouldn't be crap, they'd just be average.

How the hell can you rate an alliance if you don't make comparisons to others? That's the whole basis of "rating" anything. Ratings are all relative. If everyone was crap, then that becomes the norm/average by definition. Then they wouldn't be crap, they'd just be average.

You don't seem to understand the concept of being overrated or underrated. You're not measuring alliances against one another... You're measuring the general perception of an alliance against your own perception of them.

-Bama

I'm really too tired to be getting into this at the moment, but I'll give it a go. It's not relative because there's no standard to measure against, no alliance was held up as 'correctly rated'. The standard is the general perception of the alliance.

Also, just because there is currently nothing better, doesn't mean that something is good. Personally I think that all past and present political systems are pretty crap, just that liberal democracy is the least crap so far. Doesn't make it awesome, and doesn't mean there won't be a political system in future that I think is good.

And I was going to make another point, but my sleep-starved brain can't recall it. If I remember, I'll add it.

EDIT: Whoa, hang on. The second sentence of the first paragraph should read "It's not relative because there was no alliance held up as 'correctly rated', and you aren't comparing alliances against each other, the standard is the general perception of the alliance". Kinda makes more sense.

Edited by WorldConqueror