Under-rated/Over-rated alliances

Hyperion321

I believe in recent times the NPO has been underrated. After the war and Z'ha'dum's logs and other events, people have been talking about NPO like some decrepit old man who doesn't have much fight left in him. Rather, I would argue that the NPO is still the most potent alliance on Bob and will return to dominance sooner than most think.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think NPO is over-rated at this point. They are potentially under-rated. They have a large base of active and loyal players that could grow to be one of the most powerful alliances again, like NpO did in the last year. Whether they will or not remains to be seen.

I don't think NPO is over-rated at this point. They are potentially under-rated. They have a large base of active and loyal players that could grow to be one of the most powerful alliances again, like NpO did in the last year. Whether they will or not remains to be seen.

I like the way you think. ;)

I can't wait for the "Overrated Avatars" thread.

I think I would win that, and my avatar isn't even rated well.

Over rated: Belair (If they are rated at all), TOP, Sparta, RIA, MHA

Under rated: Pretty much most of the micro alliances. Some of those alliances have really good leadership, and are over looked just because their size. Also, and I never thought I'd say this a year ago, but I'm saying it, ODN is very much under rated.

EDIT: I can haz good grammar?

Edited by Nintenderek

Bel-Air hating on MK is making me lol every time I see it these days..

'Damnit, they're better than us.. They're funnier than us.. Everyone likes them more than us.. We just want to be like them and we don't know what we're doing wrong.. We like you MK but we have to act like we hate you because you guys obviously think we're retards.. Which we are.. But still..'

Over-Rated: I'd probably say us in Citadel.. I don't think it'd be as hard to destroy us as everyone thinks these days.

Also the obvious mentions: Andromeda in their prime, tLC, NSO, Jedi Order.. All the alliances these days run by single personalities because they can't stand not being in charge. Sparta, TOOL and MHA also fit in here I guess but I don't think anyone really rated them in the first place.

Under-Rated: Fark at military ability, FOK, MK, Umbrella.

Heh, it's kinda ironic... The alliances consistently listed as overrated are, by definition, not overrated, since the majority of people here seem to have a low opinion of their abilities as is.

-Bama

The same works in reverse. I like FOK and FARK, but if so many people see them as underrated, I doubt they really are.

@People saying TOOL is overrated: explain? I never see anybody talking about TOOL. They have very low OWF presence and are very rarely mentioned at all. Despite that they have nice stats and I get the impression that they put up a good fight in the Karma War. How exactly are they overrated?

The same works in reverse. I like FOK and FARK, but if so many people see them as underrated, I doubt they really are.

Also true.

@People saying TOOL is overrated: explain? I never see anybody talking about TOOL. They have very low OWF presence and are very rarely mentioned at all. Despite that they have nice stats and I get the impression that they put up a good fight in the Karma War. How exactly are they overrated?

Not sure. I think some people maybe haven't checked our stats page since 2007. :P

-Bama

Bel-Air hating on MK is making me lol every time I see it these days..

'Damnit, they're better than us.. They're funnier than us.. Everyone likes them more than us.. We just want to be like them and we don't know what we're doing wrong.. We like you MK but we have to act like we hate you because you guys obviously think we're retards.. Which we are.. But still..'

Over-Rated: I'd probably say us in Citadel.. I don't think it'd be as hard to destroy us as everyone thinks these days.

Also the obvious mentions: Andromeda in their prime, tLC, NSO, Jedi Order.. All the alliances these days run by single personalities because they can't stand not being in charge. Sparta, TOOL and MHA also fit in here I guess but I don't think anyone really rated them in the first place.

Under-Rated: Fark at military ability, FOK, MK, Umbrella.

This post made me feel really terrible inside, I hope you're happy.

Bama is a consistently terrible poster on the forums (I admit '-Bama' is a big part of that, but I'm also generally opposed to most of his political persuasions), and as well as him they have a reasonable forum presence and the only things I ever hear them say leave me scratching my head in amazement at their ignorance. They were let out of the Karma War extremely early for their size, when they were only fighting Sparta (that should have been a front someone could really have helped the Hegemony's side on), and I personally think of them as just another MHA or Sparta. Incapable of pulling the weight they should be able to at their size. I've never seen them do anything much of any particular value either. They are pretty much just a slightly larger than normal meat-shield that people would be happy to have on their side in a war but not really bothered by not having them on their side. I don't foresee TOOL ever being a kingmaker in a war. Salmia seems to be the one redeeming feature about TOOL and that seems to be because she's an at least semi-intelligent female (never spoken to her so that's just an outsiders impression, and based on CN's notorious white knight attitude).

Basically, I think the opposite of what you just said and I can't believe this post ended up with as much content as it did.

Just out of curiosity...why is that?

I think he's implying that the general community of CN considers Sparta overrated.

Overrated - Many alliances with high Average Nation Strength

Underrated - RIA and Dark Templar come to mind. It just doesn't seem to me that many people bring up their names when talking about good/great military.

Keep our name on your lips, haters. You're doing us a favor.

Huh? Cuz being named overrated is a favor? It isn't even being hated on, but being told that you really aren't as great as you think you are...

Basing my opinion on how well they fought against my nation during the Karma War.

Underrated – VE

Overrated – RoK

lolwut? I love me some VE, but this just makes me go :psyduck:

Lastly, the alliance that went from underrated to way overrated - MK. You guys are way to full of yourselves now.

Ironic much?

Huh? Cuz being named overrated is a favor? It isn't even being hated on, but being told that you really aren't as great as you think you are...

They subscribe to the theory that any PR is good PR therefore mentioning their name is publicity and therefore it's a favor to them

Bama is a consistently terrible poster on the forums (I admit '-Bama' is a big part of that, but I'm also generally opposed to most of his political persuasions), and as well as him they have a reasonable forum presence and the only things I ever hear them say leave me scratching my head in amazement at their ignorance. They were let out of the Karma War extremely early for their size, when they were only fighting Sparta (that should have been a front someone could really have helped the Hegemony's side on), and I personally think of them as just another MHA or Sparta. Incapable of pulling the weight they should be able to at their size. I've never seen them do anything much of any particular value either. They are pretty much just a slightly larger than normal meat-shield that people would be happy to have on their side in a war but not really bothered by not having them on their side. I don't foresee TOOL ever being a kingmaker in a war. Salmia seems to be the one redeeming feature about TOOL and that seems to be because she's an at least semi-intelligent female (never spoken to her so that's just an outsiders impression, and based on CN's notorious white knight attitude).

Basically, I think the opposite of what you just said and I can't believe this post ended up with as much content as it did.

People generally started disliking bama during the Karma war AFTER he left TOOL. If you ever talked to GrahamKeatley you would seriously know how underrated TOOL is. Look at the terms the man and his team came up with during the last war. They got Karma to concede to them. Long story short don't judge them off a member/low level govt member. I'm not going to argue their military preparedness because it isn't the best out there, but this last war their upper ranks smashed DT, BRIG, and Sparta.

Seriously underrated alliance though would be TOOL's white neighbor - NEW. These guys were the best fighters on the Hegemony side...probably better than most Karma AAs.

People generally started disliking bama during the Karma war AFTER he left TOOL. If you ever talked to GrahamKeatley you would seriously know how underrated TOOL is. Look at the terms the man and his team came up with during the last war. They got Karma to concede to them. Long story short don't judge them off a member/low level govt member. I'm not going to argue their military preparedness because it isn't the best out there, but this last war their upper ranks smashed DT, BRIG, and Sparta.

Seriously underrated alliance though would be TOOL's white neighbor - NEW. These guys were the best fighters on the Hegemony side...probably better than most Karma AAs.

Guess I disliked Bama before it was cool then. ^_^

I can't be bothered going and reading the terms but is this another Invicta argument? 'We got <alliance> taken out of the war so... yay...' cause that's a terrible argument. Long story short I don't judge TOOL only on Bama's actions and if you're conceding their military preparedness then that's pretty much everything.

Guess I disliked Bama before it was cool then. ^_^

I can't be bothered going and reading the terms but is this another Invicta argument? 'We got <alliance> taken out of the war so... yay...' cause that's a terrible argument. Long story short I don't judge TOOL only on Bama's actions and if you're conceding their military preparedness then that's pretty much everything.

Zoom is very wrong, hating Bama and his incessant posting and -Bama'ing has been around far longer than since the karma year. Almost since his debut here I'd say.

Just out of curiosity...why is that?

It's not really anything to do with you guys being under/overrated, I just find it funny that Sparta would take shots at NSO when Sparta is such a terrible alliance. And so many reasons too. Aegis and getting sent to pink, staying there for so long, having Sparta as your theme while having no culture besides 300 references, having Sparta as your theme while having such a god-awful military, leaving the Continuum then calling it Toilet Seat in about the space of a day, your performance in the Karma war, getting to #2 in the game through reliance on your theme that is nothing but a facade. I'm sure I'm missing a few more reasons, but that's a start.