Poison Clan gets in on the drama.

Syrik

Fran, I know, I was in TPF for most of the war. :P My comment was jokingly sarcastic, as in:

Oh, I know you were in TPF. ;) I wasn't quite sure why you'd asked, but I decided to reply anyway. :P

PC: "We never break treaties"

Fran: "Uhhh... You broke one 4 months ago"

Me: "Pfft, those pesky details"

-Bama

also lol

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So lets say one of your allies screws up, you going to cancel on them? i though the gremlins were better than that.

We will honour treaties no matter what size alliance, also people inform me where PC hasnt honoured a treaty?

Because there allied to us. No matter how bad they screw up allies are allies

Whilst I don't approve of IS' actions at all I can respect this attitude. Dumping on an ally when tensions are high because of one wrong move would be nothing more than a cop-out (disguised as honour, the right thing to do, or whatever) to protect your infra.

Edited by Aimee Mann

Alright, details. DT issued a DoW on TPF because of GR's DoW on TPF because TPF attacked Avalanche. DT launched one offensive war. PC activated a oA in a treaty with DT. So essentially, they attacked TPF while they had an NAP through treaty chaining and a optional pact...

we actually have MDAP with DT.

I guess this wasn't avoidable...

Enjoy being honourable and paying for it...

It was avoidable, we could have canceled and moved on.

If one of my allies declared war for no reason, without consulting me about it, and then expected me to bail them out when they got counter-attacked, yes I would want to cancel an MDP that would oblige me to do so. Defence treaties are not supposed to make alliances think that they can be aggressive and use my weight to back up their bullying and I wouldn't want a treaty with an alliance like that anyway. I would attempt to broker a diplomatic resolution to the issue instead of letting the friend simply get themselves killed – in this case, get IS to pay the reps for their unprovoked attack.

Of course none of my allies would do such a thing in the first place, so the point is rather moot.

IS has the sovereign right to declare wars for whatever reason they see fit. PC has the sovereign right to support whatever wars they'd like to.

The rest of the world has the sovereign right to get involved as they do or do not see fit. That said, PC, you have very, very short memories. You clearly don't remember what's happened to every other alliance who ran around declaring and supporting aggressive wars without any actual reason. Do you think that, for some reason, you're exempt from the same fate that has been met by nearly everyone else who has pushed the aggressive button once too many times?

You're not.

If one of my allies declared war for no reason, without consulting me about it, and then expected me to bail them out when they got counter-attacked, yes I would want to cancel an MDP that would oblige me to do so. Defence treaties are not supposed to make alliances think that they can be aggressive and use my weight to back up their bullying and I wouldn't want a treaty with an alliance like that anyway. I would attempt to broker a diplomatic resolution to the issue instead of letting the friend simply get themselves killed – in this case, get IS to pay the reps for their unprovoked attack.

Of course none of my allies would do such a thing in the first place, so the point is rather moot.

The value of our friends is higher than that of our pixels. I understand what you are saying and somewhat agree with it, but PC would not back down from their friends.

The value of our friends is higher than that of our pixels.

That's not what my argument is against. If IS were blitzed by the combined forces of the world for no reason, and you supported them, that would be a good thing, and one which I would expect PC to do (you've never been afraid of fighting through a loss). This is not about telling you to save your pixels, it's about not supporting bullying and needless aggression – something which can be better addressed by leaving IS without military support and encouraging them to pay reps, while protecting them from attack while they make things right.

I said nothing about not honoring a treaty to defend there allies I just said they failed at it that's all, a least they did stand by there treaty.

Yeah, so what? We lost the last war. Big deal.

If this escalates though, I'm sure you'll know how it feels to fail at a war in addition to failing at being a respectable alliance.

Cancelling a treaty is never the correct answer. A good friend bails you out of jail, A great friend is the one sitting next to you saying "That was fun!" IS are some funny guys/gals and they messed up, does that mean because of this mishap they should go down alone? Heck no.

If your friends $%&@ and demolish and you dont agree with that you come along anyway because they are your friends?

Alright.

The value of our friends is higher than that of our pixels. I understand what you are saying and somewhat agree with it, but PC would not back down from their friends.

You know, you may be onto something...

I bet $10 you bail on PC before PC bails on IS.

You know, you may be onto something...

I bet $10 you bail on PC before PC bails on IS.

Says You? :lol1:

And I am unto something as I have friends in PC, and I wouldn't back down for a few pixels :awesome: I use a different terminology than you.

Edited by Emperor Brutus

That's not what my argument is against. If IS were blitzed by the combined forces of the world for no reason, and you supported them, that would be a good thing, and one which I would expect PC to do (you've never been afraid of fighting through a loss). This is not about telling you to save your pixels, it's about not supporting bullying and needless aggression – something which can be better addressed by leaving IS without military support and encouraging them to pay reps, while protecting them from attack while they make things right.

This is a wise advice and I strongly suggest Poison Clan reconsider their action.

There is nothing wrong with trying to make things right. People won't think less of you.

But if you find your joy through this, enjoy!

i can't see how the argument of "friends before pixels" applies here.

no one in their right mind is questioning a fear of losing pixels.

all i DO see,

is requests that PC help IS resolve this diplomatically.

IS is the aggressor in this situation.

If IS were my friends, I'd be asking them why? and see if they could right their wrong.

I would not blindly follow their lead simplly because they were my friend.

It's not about pixels, it's about not aiding a bully.

However, if PC enjoys aiding a bully, who wars for no reason, then that is their sovereign right. I may not agree with it, but if it's how they wish to conduct business, i'll remember that for the future.

Yeah, so what? We lost the last war. Big deal.

If this escalates though, I'm sure you'll know how it feels to fail at a war in addition to failing at being a respectable alliance.

I'm not say there is a big deal, except the fact that an Invicta member was so quick to send us a fail boat, when in fact they just got off one themselves.

I already know what it's like to fail at war, I was in the NoV war. As for the situation do I think IS pulled a dumb stunt? Of course I do, but will we hang them out to dry? I don't see us doing that... Will we try and work for peace? I do believe that is the plan, while making sure our allies don't get bum rushed in the process.

The responsible thing to do here would be to use your treaty with IS as a way to leverage a peace agreement. Of course, it's much easier to sit back and allow your friends to senselessly destroy another alliance than stop the bloodshed. Good work here Poison Clan, really top notch.

I hold the tiniest shreds of hope that you are trying to work this out in back channels, and that your sense of decency will prevail. I'll see what I can do here as soon as I get back from (OOC: vacation), but honestly, this never should have gotten to this point in the first place.