Poison Clan gets in on the drama.

Syrik

In any terms I am correct a treaty is a contract and I would like you to show me any context where breaking the terms of a contract is considered a legitimate means of canceling it.

As PC said (albeit "unofficially"?) that they don't support IS's aggression against CG, and as (thus) arguably they weren't informed about it (at least, not "reasonably" before time), one would have thought that the very common clause about sharing information would have made IS the party guilty of having broken the treaty.

However, the entire point is moot as - as funny as it is - PWN has no info sharing clause, thus it's perfectly legitimate for a signatory to throw around its allies' weight without having talked with them first (well, probably it's not in line with the spirit of the treaty and it's not healthy in the long run, but still...)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As PC said (albeit "unofficially"?) that they don't support IS's aggression against CG, and as (thus) arguably they weren't informed about it (at least, not "reasonably" before time), one would have thought that the very common clause about sharing information would have made IS the party guilty of having broken the treaty.

However, the entire point is moot as - as funny as it is - PWN has no info sharing clause, thus it's perfectly legitimate for a signatory to throw around its allies' weight without having talked with them first (well, probably it's not in line with the spirit of the treaty and it's not healthy in the long run, but still...)

I was actually talking about the whole TPF thing, off topic I know but I am just a sucker for getting roped into that argument.

But I hate to break it to you, and everyone else, but PC is not going anywhere anytime fast. We exist first as a community, then as a CN alliance second... sorry.

No you don't.

FAN does. Nordreich does. You don't, no matter how much you might want to pretend that you do.

This is irrelevant, however. PC has now put itself in the position of supporting aggression for the sake of aggression. That has never gone well for alliances.

I doubt PC needs to worry right now, though. People keep saying that outsiders might jump in "if the conflict escalates." That makes me laugh.

It began as an all-out assault, not a tech raid. So it was already a war. The nukes are now flying. At what point will CG's imaginary friends say that it has escalated "enough"?

No you don't.

FAN does. Nordreich does. You don't, no matter how much you might want to pretend that you do.

This is irrelevant, however. PC has now put itself in the position of supporting aggression for the sake of aggression. That has never gone well for alliances.

I doubt PC needs to worry right now, though. People keep saying that outsiders might jump in "if the conflict escalates." That makes me laugh.

It began as an all-out assault, not a tech raid. So it was already a war. The nukes are now flying. At what point will CG's imaginary friends say that it has escalated "enough"?

When more alliances jump in, I'd say. Or if/when CG requests military assistance. Neither has happened.

If we say its aggressive action, people are going to say its not, it was a tech raid, and PC are cowards for not honouring treaties. You see where we are coming from?

I think it's pretty obvious that it's aggressive action. For that matter, a tech raid is aggressive action (don't believe me? try 'tech raiding' some members of a sanctioned alliance). Anyone who tries to claim that you're not honouring your treaty can be told where to get off ;).

I do see the point about standing with your allies, but when those 'allies' have done something this irresponsible that puts you (and the rest of Pink) in danger, you have to wonder whether you ought to be allies with them at all. I hope that you are making it clear to them that their behaviour is unwarranted and that they should pay reps for the damage done in their groundless war against an alliance.

In any terms I am correct a treaty is a contract and I would like you to show me any context where breaking the terms of a contract is considered a legitimate means of canceling it.

As far as the latter part of your statement I disagree and always have. Defending someone from an unjust attack is a legitimate reason to go to war and I know many people in CN who agree with that.

You speak like I dont agree with you and didn't call the history of the code stupid. I was pointing out how useless most of our "morality" here on Bob is, not just one spot of it.

You speak like I dont agree with you and didn't call the history of the code stupid. I was pointing out how useless most of our "morality" here on Bob is, not just one spot of it.

OOC:I'm gonna be honest, I am on a fair amount of pain pills for my back which I threw out earlier in the week and im a bit off my game so sorry if I read something into your post that wasn't there.

I heard there might be a war and had to log back in, FML.

It's always amusing to me that we get as much !@#$ as we do in every thread; I have to read one every now and then just for kicks.

Bottom line is that when you sign a real treaty ($%&@ that NAP, for all the people that think that was something real - you are hilarious) you stand by people regardless of what happened. You live with them, you fight with them, you die with them. I saw alliances run from us (yeah, you know who y'all are) the last time we put ourselves in a bad spot, and I'm proud to know that Syrik will stand by IS regardless of what happened. Yeah, it looks like they made a bad decision. But they are are our allies, and if someone hits them, I'd be damned to be sitting around watching.

IS, you $%&@ed up. Remember that for the future, and don't try pulling it again. But you know we will have your backs as long as we are allied, and I hope it's forever because I love you boys over there.

For everyone wanting to see us rolled: Try it. Pooks said it right. This is a community first, alliance second.

So if you want some, this is yo death wish

Betta come correct, 'cause I came to break you off trick

Bring it.

It's always amusing to me that we get as much !@#$ as we do in every thread; I have to read one every now and then just for kicks.

Bottom line is that when you sign a real treaty ($%&@ that NAP, for all the people that think that was something real - you are hilarious) you stand by people regardless of what happened. You live with them, you fight with them, you die with them. I saw alliances run from us (yeah, you know who y'all are) the last time we put ourselves in a bad spot, and I'm proud to know that Syrik will stand by IS regardless of what happened. Yeah, it looks like they made a bad decision. But they are are our allies, and if someone hits them, I'd be damned to be sitting around watching.

IS, you $%&@ed up. Remember that for the future, and don't try pulling it again. But you know we will have your backs as long as we are allied, and I hope it's forever because I love you boys over there.

For everyone wanting to see us rolled: Try it. Pooks said it right. This is a community first, alliance second.

Bring it.

This sounds like both a defense of a friend who messed up...and that's fine, and a challenge. I have nothing to further to say about the former and I'm certainly not looking for a fight.

Others may however feel differently in other alliances. Careful with words, TwistedRebel.

IS, you $%&@ed up. Remember that for the future, and don't try pulling it again.

Really? What principles here are different from those in play during your raid on California? If this has been well-addressed elsewhere feel free to just point me to it, as I confess to not having kept up with it all.

Bring it.

LoL funny &*^$...

You are a GGGGGG U not... ;)

Edited by mylife125

Really? What principles here are different from those in play during your raid on California? If this has been well-addressed elsewhere feel free to just point me to it, as I confess to not having kept up with it all.

Actions were token for those times, better not remember the past but look to the future as bumps can be found in everyones road.

LoL funny &*^$...

You are a GGGGGG U not... ;)

You're cool, it was a great piece of text. I don't see what you didn't like about it.

Edited by Emperor Brutus