Is CN going into OUUUTTTERRRRSPPACCCCEEE?

UberSpion

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how does one exactly mine radon, its a gas

You erect a basement, then don't seal it properly. Wait five years, then vacuum the contents. Bang, radon mining.

As for the rest of you, looking to mine our precious resources, I say this- Send not your loved ones upon that first vessel bound for our fertile crust! NAY! For it shall be blasted into oblivion like so many errant craft that have previously attempted to invade our beloved MOON.

Also, do not believe the Admin's mighty claims that there are any of said resources to mine here. After over 600 days inhabiting this excellent, but rather grey, rock, our intrepid researchers have found naught but dust and algae, both of which are delicious, but rather unprofitable in interstellar trade.

beware!

You erect a basement, then don't seal it properly. Wait five years, then vacuum the contents. Bang, radon mining.

As for the rest of you, looking to mine our precious resources, I say this- Send not your loved ones upon that first vessel bound for our fertile crust! NAY! For it shall be blasted into oblivion like so many errant craft that have previously attempted to invade our beloved MOON.

Also, do not believe the Admin's mighty claims that there are any of said resources to mine here. After over 600 days inhabiting this excellent, but rather grey, rock, our intrepid researchers have found naught but dust and algae, both of which are delicious, but rather unprofitable in interstellar trade.

beware!

Don't worry I'm not planning on going to the MOON. I have my sights set on ARES B)

To answer the question put forth in the topic, no. The very vast majority of CN will stay right here on Planet Bob, and only those with overly bloated pixels or a bit of insanity will be going to space.

And it's secretly a plan to trim those bloated nations from the game as they will become infected with space plague. Am I right? *nods*

I look forward to seeing the Moldavi Doctrine applied in 38% gravity with space boots and jet packs.

Cash is a military benefit :P

Absolutely true. On the other hand, that storing citizens is something worth the money right there. With nukes and WRC's you can take a high infra nation to ZI in a matter of weeks. And even billions can be reduced in that time frame. Any prolonged war can easily place a nation with 500-1 billion in reserves into bill lock in a couple of months.

Right now though, with a Mars Colony I'd be able to send thousands of citizens away. I'd probably be clearing hundreds of thousands even in peace mode and in bill lock. It would make getting out of bill lock at ZI for a formerly high infra nation easier I would think. It would also make rebuilding for them easier as well.

As such I'd say stored and, at least for now, untouchable citizens is pretty much equal to cash in the bank. And it seems like it would create a new dynamic in war. Taking out an alliance with a number of high level nations with extra planetary colonies may become far more dangerous. As they approach ZI they may not be approaching bill lock and may still be able to wage war effectively, especially if they too have nukes and WRC's. Worse, they'd have a higher population without the infra to go with it, so their NS would be proportionally lower. And while I assume this does not do anything for your ability to buy soldiers, just the NS difference alone between a nation with 12k citizens and a ZI one with 12,000 citizens most of whom are stored on the moon, would create a disparity. You could wage war much easier upon another alliances smaller nations forcing them to either risk losing them or going to the bargaining table.

Oh look, more crap to cater to the coveted upper-tier that 95% of the players will never reach.

More wonders is just what we need!

When I bought my Manhattan Project I had 100 days of waiting.

My moon base should also cost me about 100 days of waiting. And considering it'll expire in what, a year? I'll be much stronger in a year and capable of buying it again with ease.

Oh look, more crap to cater to the coveted upper-tier that 95% of the players will never reach.

More wonders is just what we need!

No, this caters to the "I have !@#$ tons of money for a nation my size just sitting around". I'm not far from that top 5% (could actually break into it right now if I weren't saving for an infra jump), and it would take me forever. I would have to dump ~65 days worth of collection into the lunar colony to buy it, meaning that if I plan to only break even on it, it would need to increase my collection about about 9.2%. The same income percentage boost goes for all of them, and that's neglecting the opportunity cost (I could make the jump from 8k infra to 14k infra for the cost of the Mars colony, an infra increase of 75%)