Is CN going into OUUUTTTERRRRSPPACCCCEEE?

UberSpion

I'm glad ppl here are liking the idea.

Storing citizens.

If you have 10,000 citizens, and build a Moon Colony, it sends 800 citizens to the moon and 'stores' them there.

You now have 10,800 citizens to collect taxes off.

In the event your nation is destroyed on earth, you can continue to collect from your Moon colony to help you out, the number at 800 stays static no matter your earth population, unless your colony is destroyed or expires.

Some extra tweaks to this:

1. You will be able to upgrade your colony for a fee, eg if you have a colony of 800, and then grow to 20,000 citz, you will be able to upgrade your colony to 1,600 (store more).

2. The number of citizens you collect from on the Moon/Mars is influenced by the hot spot principal.

Now, this I like.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Storing citizens.

If you have 10,000 citizens, and build a Moon Colony, it sends 800 citizens to the moon and 'stores' them there.

In the event your nation is destroyed on earth, you can continue to collect from your Moon colony to help you out, the number at 800 stays static no matter your earth population, unless your colony is destroyed or expires.

1. You will be able to upgrade your colony for a fee, eg if you have a colony of 800, and then grow to 20,000 citz, you will be able to upgrade your colony to 1,600 (store more).

2. The number of citizens you collect from on the Moon/Mars is influenced by the hot spot principal.

I am going to express an extreme skepticism in regards to the space theme, and what kind of impact these wonders will have on the game. Also the idea of degrading wonders I'm not sure if I sit well with, but given that the timeframe is 600/900 days it may in effect be a non-issue overall, and could potentially expand the longevity of the game.

However, I do like the citizens storing. It is a great way to make rebuilding from ZI much easier, and could stop the situation of permanent bill lock. So the part of it you described at least I like.

Also, is it possible to have multiple colonies, to store more citizens, or are you restricted to the 8% or whatever permanently?

Makes me wonder, what # planet is Bob in the solar system?

Good question. I also don't like this idea of Mars, we should petition Admin to change Mars to Digiterra, Planet Steve, Tattooine, Dune; something else, ANYTHING else really. Mars is boring. <_<

Storing citizens.

Aww, and I thought we were stocking the shelves with Soylent Green...

Good question. I also don't like this idea of Mars, we should petition Admin to change Mars to Digiterra, Planet Steve, Tattooine, Dune; something else, ANYTHING else really. Mars is boring. <_<

Oh, this is easy. Mars should be Digitares.

Since location matters in the moon, I look forward to a dynamic Planet Bob map.

This is what I want :)

No wars in outerspace

We are looking at adding more Wonders down the track.

Military bases on the moon which enhance your earth military are a possibility, but no wars will be fought in outerspace.

Awwww :( Southpole style <_<

(Spacecraft)*Houston, do we have a go/no go for launch? Over.* (Trucker) *For the last time get off my frequency! Our country doesn't have a space program. You have a better chance to getting to the moon by strapping your back to a Roman Candle*

Haha, I think it will/is cool. Thumbs up. ~Hath Said The King~

King Adam Olivier

Well since my nation is already at a point where I have all the useful wonders in the game, this is a welcome addition. However the cost is a bit of a concern. Growth is already difficult for me due to massive cost, and unless the sliding scale is brought down to a more manageable level or a cap implemented on its cost impact, the positive effects of it might be moot for the majority of the wonder's lifespan. 1+ Billion just for an entry level wonder seems... insane.

I do like some of the ideas involved though, especially the storing citizens and new resources (randomizing isn't a huge concern to me depending on how bad that fee is). Anyway, I do applaud the admin team for some creative thinking involved here. Certainly a new direction for Wonders to go in. I will withhold my final judgment until I see the finished product.

Edited by Templar

Curses. Now the Empire will need to redouble our efforts in securing this sector of space. Curse thee Admin for bringing competition into the Galactic Empire's reign of space. )):

/me signs orders to bring another fifty star destroyers to this system. :awesome:

Edited by MercyFallout

This was the preliminary numbers ,not sure if they have changed any,,

New Wonders & Bonus Resources

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like a few are on the way

Quote:

# Mars Base - $200,000,000 + (10,000 * Nation Strength) - Reduces infrastructure cost and bills -3%. Provides a gradually increasing happiness bonus that peaks at +6 happiness at the end of the life of the wonder. Expires at 1,200 days. Cannot build Moon wonders if you build Mars wonders. Requires Space Program.

# Mars Mine - $100,000,000 + (5,000 * Nation Strength) - Provides access to a randomly selected resource of Basalt, Sodium, Magnesium, or Potassium. Provides a gradually increasing happiness bonus that peaks at +4 happiness at the end of the life of the wonder. Expires at 900 days. Cannot build Moon wonders if you build Mars wonders. Requires Space Program and Mars Base.

# Mars Colony - $100,000,000 + (5,000 * Nation Strength) - Stores 6% of citizen count at time of purchase. Provides a gradually increasing happiness bonus that peaks at +4 happiness at the end of the life of the wonder. Expires at 900 days. Cannot build Moon wonders if you build Mars wonders. Requires Space Program and Mars Base.

# Moon Base - $100,000,000 + (5,000 * Nation Strength) - Reduces infrastructure cost and bills -4%. Provides +5 happiness that degrades over the life of the wonder. Expires at 600 days. Cannot build Mars wonders if you build Moon wonders. Requires Space Program.

# Moon Mine - $50,000,000 + (2,500 * Nation Strength) - Increases population income by $3.00 for the resources Furs, Rubber, Lead & Gold that your nation has access to. Provides +3 happiness that degrades over the life of the wonder. Expires at 300 days. Cannot build Mars wonders if you build Moon wonders. Requires Space Program and Moon Base.

# Moon Colony - $50,000,000 + (2,500 * Nation Strength) - Stores 8% of citizen count at time of purchase. Provides +3 happiness that degrades over the life of the wonder. Expires at 300 days. Cannot build Mars wonders if you build Moon wonders. Requires Space Program and Moon Base.

Quote:

Potassium - Mined from Martian surface. +3 happiness if nation has Fine Jewelry, +$3 citizen income if nation has Scholars, +5% more citizens if nation has Affluent Population.

Magnesium - Mined from Martian surface. +3 happiness if nation has Microchips, –4% infra upkeep if nation has Steel.

Basalt - Mined from Martian surface. +3 happiness if nation has Automobiles, –5% infra upkeep if nation has Asphalt, –5% infra purchase cost if nation has Construction.

Edited by Northern Empire

Lunar resources:

Calcium - Mined from Lunar surface. Increases population income by $3.00 for the resources Rubber, Furs, Spices & Wine that your nation has access to.

Radon - Mined from Lunar surface. Increases population income by $3.00 for the resources Lead, Gold, Water & Uranium that your nation has access to.

Silicon - Mined from Lunar surface. Increases population income by $3.00 for the resources Rubber, Furs, Gems & Silver that your nation has access to.

Titanium - Mined from Lunar surface. Increases population income by $3.00 for the resources Gold, Lead, Coal & Oil that your nation has access to.

EDIT - added calcium and Radon as they appeared in the CN Info index. - also removed images as they are not pulling at the moment.

Edited by Wappas