Is CN going into OUUUTTTERRRRSPPACCCCEEE?

UberSpion

This is awesome stuff. People (me included) have been asking admin for forced specialization in wonders. This is a good start to that, with the forced choice of what to get. Now all that needs to be added is advanced conventional military wonders with the Mars wonders and advanced nuclear military wonders with the Moon wonders (or vice versa). The whole expiration date thing on wonders is a stroke of genius as well.

Great job admin. :D

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The prices I have seen would mean that for a 100,000 strength nation to purchase a Mars base it would cost them $1,200,000,000. So, to fully build a martian colony, it would cost $2,400,000,000. Dang.

Edited by cookavich

I'm curious as to what storing citizens means.

Haven't you hear(d)? We live in a brave new world. Citizens no longer 'live' they are merely 'stored' for a ruler's convenience.

HAIL EFFICIENCY AND THE DEATH OF HUMANISM!!!@#

It'd be pretty messed up if you lost that population while they were working on Mars because allegedly there are taxes... even on MARS! I still think there should be limited space on the moon/mars and alliances should have to duke it out for inter-planetary supremacy!

EDIT: I forgot the 'd' in 'heard' but I intentionally bracketed it because it was more amusing to read as "Haven't you hear?!"

Edited by Drostan

Basalt.GIFBasalt - Mined from Martian surface. +3 happiness if nation has Automobiles, –5% infra upkeep if nation has Asphalt, –5% infra purchase cost if nation has Construction.

Magnesium.GIFMagnesium - Mined from Martian surface. +3 happiness if nation has Microchips, –4% infra upkeep if nation has Steel.

Potassium.GIFPotassium - Mined from Martian surface. +3 happiness if nation has Fine Jewelry, +$3 citizen income if nation has Scholars, +5% more citizens if nation has Affluent Population.

Sodium.GIFSodium - Mined from Martian surface. +2 happiness if nation has Fast Food, +2 happiness if nation has Beer, Decreases GRL by an additional 50% (75% total) if you have Radiation Cleanup

The prices I have seen would mean that for a 100,000 strength nation to purchase a Mars base it would cost them $1,200,000,000. So, to fully build a martian colony, it would cost $2,400,000,000. Dang.

For me a moon base by itself would cost about half a bil. I actually like the steep cost formula he has there (for now anyway) :awesome:

so when do we get the global event where the astroid is going to wipe all nations down by say 50% NS unless we use say 60% of all nukes globally to destroy it?

Well, that would undoubtably end up killing everyone on the planet, but you can go ahead and try. :lol1:

Well, that would undoubtably end up killing everyone on the planet, but you can go ahead and try. :lol1:

I'd be the first one to sit on his hands and watch the world burn. heh. But seriously, these kind of events would be kind of neat because it would require cooperative play and give us something to fear other than each other.

so when do we get the global event where the astroid is going to wipe all nations down by say 50% NS unless we use say 60% of all nukes globally to destroy it?

It appears that did happen just like that: the asteroid was named NPO.

Does this mean we will be getting lunar radiation levels now?

And as a guess with the storing citizens I think it would be a % of your citizens of when you buy it...and as long as you have it, your population cant drop below that level. *shrugs*

I'm curious as to what storing citizens means.

I'm glad ppl here are liking the idea.

Storing citizens.

If you have 10,000 citizens, and build a Moon Colony, it sends 800 citizens to the moon and 'stores' them there.

You now have 10,800 citizens to collect taxes off.

In the event your nation is destroyed on earth, you can continue to collect from your Moon colony to help you out, the number at 800 stays static no matter your earth population, unless your colony is destroyed or expires.

Some extra tweaks to this:

1. You will be able to upgrade your colony for a fee, eg if you have a colony of 800, and then grow to 20,000 citz, you will be able to upgrade your colony to 1,600 (store more).

2. The number of citizens you collect from on the Moon/Mars is influenced by the hot spot principal.

First looks on the mars ones, they look like they wont be worth it because they wont pay for the themselves over the time so its cheaper to save that billion or two, but the Moon ones don't look to bad for smaller nations.