Poach week

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just today received a message from a prestigious Communist alliance.

To: KainIIIC From: zigbigadorlou Date: 7/3/2009 12:04:54 PM

Subject: Ready to unleash your awesome?

I am here to interest you in a dreadfully awesome opportunity. Currently, you reside in an alliance which is selfish, passionate about meaningless things, and are all around bad people. YOU HAVE ALTERNATIVES. I suggest you join the Insignificant.

We have three big things going for us.

1. NO RESPONSIBILITIES. Just don't act like an idiot. You can have as much or as little involvement with us as you want.

2. COMMUNISM. We are the first to be legitimately communism. Its very close to Sileathomics, if you know what that is

3. NO FORUMS. Unlike other alliances, we communicate in game. No need for outside crap. IRC is good though.

4. FUN. Because of the organized freedoms I can offer, fun is GUARENTEED. No need for “passion” or other things. Just lulz based.

Think on it

-zig

Unfortunately, it would only take me an official adoption of Sileathonomics by the Alliance for me to accept this invitation. Otherwise, who wouldn't love and be lured by such a convincing recruitment message?

Alliances are welcome to send recruitment messages to NSO, so long as the knowledge that we will consider your alliance open to such a philosophy is agreed upon we have no problems with it.

Turning them to the dark side? :v:

Alliances are welcome to send recruitment messages to NSO, so long as the knowledge that we will consider your alliance open to such a philosophy is agreed upon we have no problems with it.

I wonder if there's any proof that this whole poach thing works. :psyduck: I mean, did anyone actually leave TDO?

I wonder if there's any proof that this whole poach thing works. :psyduck: I mean, did anyone actually leave TDO?

4 people left TDO as per the sanction race's stats, but those could have been either to NSO, other alliances, or simply deletion.

Of course it doesn't work. That is the entire point. The idea of "poaching" is a manufactured offense. If a nation has joined your alliance then they have done so for a reason. If they are going to leave they would do so, with or without an invitation from elsewhere.

The idea that it is somehow more glorified to send countless spam messages to new nations who haven't got a clue instead of messages to established nations that know what is going on and can make reasonable choices for themselves is ridiculous.

Anyone that claims some moral superiority or self righteous honor because they disagree with the concept that open alliance recruitment is an acceptable practice only fools themselves.

Of course it doesn't work. That is the entire point. The idea of "poaching" is a manufactured offense. If a nation has joined your alliance then they have done so for a reason. If they are going to leave they would do so, with or without an invitation from elsewhere.

The idea that it is somehow more glorified to send countless spam messages to new nations who haven't got a clue instead of messages to established nations that know what is going on and can make reasonable choices for themselves is ridiculous.

Anyone that claims some moral superiority or self righteous honor because they disagree with the concept that open alliance recruitment is an acceptable practice only fools themselves.

Right. By your logic a man shouldn't get angry if another man hits on his girlfriend.

If she's tempted away from you by someone hitting on her, well.. chances are she was gonna leave you anyway.

In this case/example, the issue isn't her resolve, but the actions of the other man. No matter how easily tempted she is, it is still wrong of him to try, especially in the eyes of the man whom she is involved with.