Betrayal and Manipulation

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the stupidest thread I have read in the 500 days I have been on Bob. All I am seeing is a severe misinterpretations of words, caps lock, sarcasm, etc., followed by kicking NPO when they are down because it's the cool thing to do. We get it already. You're butt hurt over what they have done in the past. The only thing those of you who are slandering Moo without actual proof he did anything wrong are doing is making yourselves look retarded.

Seems to me there is some mass communication errors, and Moo acted as any good ally would. This thread is pathetic.

Good luck to all involved parties, I trust the truth will come out and it won't be what everyone thinks it is.

After having read only the OP I was wondering what would have been the use for the NPO to have a quite weakened, (even more) completely discredited and definitively broken GGA "fighting" at their side again. Could Moo have been that stupid?

Then I read the last pages of this discussion... It seems that my tinfoil hat was working, after all!

Alternatively, there's a plain and credible explanation that involves time travel, highly improbable events and a party with lots of Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.

Yesterday was the Towel Day, after all.

This thread is best read while
on repeat.

At the start of the thread that seemed like a good idea. However once you get a few pages in it becomes very clear that

is what you should be playing instead.

Sometimes it's better just to cancel quietly rather than air all your dirty linens for the whole world to see.

After having read only the OP I was wondering what would have been the use for the NPO to have a quite weakened, (even more) completely discredited and definitively broken GGA "fighting" at their side again. Could Moo have been that stupid?

This, until someone convinces me why NPO had anything to win by 'manipulating' GGA back into this war I will beleive this all was a miscommunication.

I see all kind of people hailing GGA for cancelling on NPO in another topic while all I can think is that they are weakening the post-war 'Hegemony' side.

It would have been better/more fun as NPO, GGA MCXA et al would stick together to rebound in the future.

Time for GGA to make a stand, and whole-hearted thanks to Athens for their continuous support, despite the circumstances.

I'm disappointed that NPO have not yet realised that under-handedness will not get them very far, and maybe a step back and observing the consequences may just be that precious wake-up call.

-Blam

Wow, I am glad Athens came to me, or KFH and asked about this to get both sides. Never did I say I would reenter the war or fight against Athens and Karma. I did talk to some allies of GGA including NPO (before shane ended the treaty) and I did ask who they supported. I believe moo was responding to the peace terms we received from Athens about gov members leaving in those logs and expecting KungFuHamster and I to be kicked. As it stands neither of us left the GGA, we simply were banned from posting on the forums, given limited access to the forums, and removed from GGAs irc channels. For Athens I have a good amount of respect, you even have a member I will call a friend. As for you choosing who to recognize as the leaders, that is your right. As for me I would rather fight and loose infra against enemies I know then be stabbed in the back by people I trust.

Check your facts before using caps lock.

Words to live by.

Indeed, this is the question. I suspect that NPO/mhawk were subconsciously inclined to give credence to a less than proven threat due to their desire to get GGA back into the war, but I can't fault them for this.

Plausible.

Or Moo was trying to force GGA into changing their government with the implied threat of Athens?

Also plausible, probably more plausible than trying to get GGA into the war, given their reduced strength.

But it could all be simple miscommunication as others have pointed out - Moo speculates about the implications of GGA changing govt, IronChef mentions this to mhawk, who replays it more definitively to Moo, who doesn't realize it's his own speculation coming back to him in reinforced form.

Here's how things look to me:

1) Moo says something to IronChef about them breaking terms, but IronChef says it's cool

2) IronChef talks to mhawk about it, he thinks she's saying Athens is going to attack

3) mhawk tells Moo Athens is going to attack

4) Moo, thinking this is entirely independent information, tells GGA

5) GGA talks to Athens

This matches the logs hitherto posted in this thread. On the GGA side, only IronChef is involved at point 1), whereas government members are involved from point 4) onward.

Best of luck to all concerned in sorting this out. But I would like to echo the thanks many have offered here to Athens for handling their responsibilities toward GGA as well as they have.

Edit: clarity

Edited by Pingu

In my mind, there are two possible scenarios. I don't care if they've been mentioned or not, I just need to get them out of my head.

Scenario 1:

Moo tells GGA that Athens is going to attack.

Ironchef tells Mhawk.

Mhawk tells Moo.

GGA goes to Athens.

Scenario 2:

Ironchef tells Mhawk.

Mhawk tells Moo.

Moo tells GGA.

GGA goes to Athens.

This just seems like one giant Charlie Foxtrot.

After reading both threads (this and Mhawk's) and the logs included, I can honestly say that I fully support Athens in this situation and that the story Moo and Mhawk are trying to spin makes no sense at all.

It is the new ultimate defense tactic of GGA. You do not want to war them because then when you beat them you have to protect them and deal with this kind of headache.

Talk about an ultimate weapon.

After reading both threads (this and Mhawk's) and the logs included, I can honestly say that I fully support Athens in this situation and that the story Moo and Mhawk are trying to spin makes no sense at all.

No you can't.

Because the one at fault here is GGA. I mean...!@#$ man. It's not like Athens tried to sell this to GGA as some kind of blatant manipulation. GGA clearly brought this up to them and decided to use it to score cheap PR points, only for this mess to come up.

It is the new ultimate defense tactic of GGA. You do not want to war them because then when you beat them you have to protect them and deal with this kind of headache.

Talk about an ultimate weapon.

Just think of the horror of getting to know us. The unthinkable might happen and you may like us. :lol1:

Nope.

I'm pretty sure I'd be able to see through the diplomatic brown-nosing that got you into your present situation.

I'm not sure why you seem to have such a severe disliking for the GGA.

If there's criticism we're always ready to listen.

Plain old bias, such as you're displaying, only allows you to look in one direction while missing all evidence to the contrary. Perhaps you should try it sometimes.

Edit: Same comment goes for hizzy who posted while i was writing this.

Edited by andre27

Plain old bias, such as you're displaying, only allows you to look in one direction while missing all evidence to the contrary. Perhaps you should try it sometimes.

When your political training consists of very directed information concerning others, it is hard to break from that training, even when shown proof to the contrary. The subconscious slant will always be there.

You've been criticized longer than I care to remember, yet the only comment I have ever heard from GGA regarding this criticism is to the tune of "$%&@ what other people say."

So, ya. Not listening.