Betrayal and Manipulation

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ochocinco should just coup GGA right now, so we can figure out exactly who is actually in charge, and this time we'll know it's someone we like.

By the looks of it, Descepter and Shane are in charge.

If not blatant bias and opportunism?

Cheap PR points?

Are you attempting to describe what the nature of the NPO is, and was, like? It sounds that way to me.

Haha, NPO and opportunism walk hand in hand (VietFAN, GPA), along with cheap PR points (Moo Cows' "Imperial announcements"). :lol1:

Ok, feelin the need to say one more thing about all this. I saw some folks saying that NPO is guilty of trying to manipulate who is in charge of GGA. While it does appear that has some truth to it and that in itself is wrong, I personally give some slack to NPO in this particular case. Why? We have all seen the statements of a particular GGA member making toughman statements about if anyone has problems with GGA they better be ready to deal with NPO. I doubt he was the only one to ever make such a statement.

If you are going to claim someone as your big brother protector then I suppose that means you give up a little bit of your sovereignty to them. Especially when it is the NPO.

So is it right to manipulate their government? No.

Has such been happening for quite some time now to the point that it is probably normal relations between the two alliances? That would be my guess.

Now, as far as some of the barbs being thrown at our friends in NSO, let me make a reminder that NSO is the creation of the man that brought us Francoism. Many of his closest guys are veteran francoists. Note I use the term francoist and not pacifican. While those members may be making some statements that appear to be backing NPO, that doesnt necessarily mean they are pro-NPO. I am not pro-NPO but yet in this case I do find myself laying very little fault upon NPO in this. There are plenty of issues I can point at and say bad NPO but this really isn't one of them.

Sorry nintenderek but I do not believe chron will need (nor would he ever take) lessons from me. He follows Ivan, that is statement enough for me.

I for one wish GGA luck on building their alliance without NPO.The sad thing is i was one that was against GGA till i got to know her members and found out that they have alot of good people in GGA.Good Luck GGA and my hats off to you Londo for stepping up and helping GGA,shows true class and a heart of gold

Wow! What a thread! Just a couple comments.

1. GGA does not need a thread like this to break a treaty with NPO. (Maybe this thread was meant as a PR boost, but that ship has sailed.)

2. Ironchef isn't GGA Trium anymore, it's Shaneprice, DeCepter and someone else.

3. Let's give GGA anther change to put their house in order. If they do, it's another old alliance resurging. If they don't, we get more hilarity. It's a win-win.

4. I don't think NPO is at fault here. Acting under stress and without thought isn't malice.

5. This was a massive misunderstanding blown out of proportion.

6. No need to bash NSO here. (And Athens weren't the only ones doing it.)

7. I demand a t-shirt that says "I read the RBM thread and survived!"

In case you're wondering where RBM comes from - it's from: "Replying ® to Betrayal (B) and Manipulation (M)"

Lastly - thank you for the two dudes that linked to the Youtube music, it added to the hilarity.

o/ Drama!

I saw some folks saying that NPO is guilty of trying to manipulate who is in charge of GGA.

I would like to inhabit this parallel universe of yours where we can prevent our allies making stupid decisions.

I think $@-up is far more likely than conspiracy in this case, making neither of WC's scenarios quite right.

Moo speculates to IronChef that the change in GGA government could lead to Athens deciding GGA is in violation and declaring.

IronChef says to mhawk that Athens may declare.

mhawk says to Moo that Athens will declare.

Moo says to IronChef and ShanePrice that he has intel that Athens will declare.

No need for anyone to be evil, simply not cautious/patient enough in a highly-charged situation. Just one of many instances in which IRC shows its lack of suitability for serious inter-alliance communication.

The problem with your scenario being that Moo did not speculate at all, he only talked to ironchef once mhawk talked to him, making your scenario false unless Moo and mhawk is lying to us all. I'm not saying it's not impossible that they'd lie, but going through the scenario it's highly unlikely.

Edit: Can you take off your bias cap for a second londo? Anyone with any common sense has agreed that NPO did nothing wrong at all in this instance.

Edited by WarriorConcept

I would like to inhabit this parallel universe of yours where we can prevent our allies making stupid decisions.

Nice to see a pacifican posting in AA. What happened to your AA? I still see you sporting it on your nation.

So, it is my parallel universe when I am merely commenting on others saying such things? If you are attempting to pull a hatchet job on me you will have to do much better then that.

Nice to see a pacifican posting in AA. What happened to your AA? I still see you sporting it on your nation.

So, it is my parallel universe when I am merely commenting on others saying such things? If you are attempting to pull a hatchet job on me you will have to do much better then that.

We have no control over what GGA does, nor did we ever. Since you say we do, you must live in a lovely parallel universe where we control everything behind the scenes, instead of like our reality where we try to herd cats and get our hand bitten in the process.

Edited by James Dahl

We have no control over what GGA does, nor did we ever. Since you say we do, you must live in a lovely parallel universe where we control everything behind the scenes, instead of like our reality where we try to herd cats and get our hand bitten in the process.

Do you have any idea what the hell people are arguing about?

Read the !@#$@#$ thread before trying to pull !@#$ out of your $@!

Any attempts by GGA members to form a breakaway alliance and recruit from GGA will be met with GGA military force and this action will have our full support. GGA will be interdicting any members who choose to leave to join such a breakaway, as their charter explicitly provides for.

The GGA charter allows GGA to attack members who voluntarily leave the alliance and join one lead by triumvirate that are voted out?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/interdicting

I just want to say it is great to have you back James. You seem a bit rusty due to your absence but I still have hope that you will catch up.

So wait... ironchef fabricated this whole thing, maybe in an attempt to cause a diplomatic incident just as the new GGA gov steps in (since she isn't top gov)?

Someone must not be happy with her government...

Or does it involve government using ironchef to set this up and then perhaps pinning it on her as a scapegoat?

Unless perhaps I am totally wrong. It's all pretty confusing.

So wait... ironchef fabricated this whole thing, maybe in an attempt to cause a diplomatic incident just as the new GGA gov steps in (since she isn't top gov)?

Someone must not be happy with her government...

Or does it involve government using ironchef to set this up and then perhaps pinning it on her as a scapegoat?

Unless perhaps I am totally wrong. It's all pretty confusing.

Moo told GGA, Ironchef told mhawk, mhawk told Moo, Moo told GGA again, believing he was not the source of the original claim.