Announcement

You sure as hell aren't FAN and yet you speak so authoritatively on what our business is. I should assume you are some sort of subversive plotting against us, but the night has been good to me so I'll just assume were you just spewing verbal feces in an attempt to look like you knew something.

It would be more fun if you assume he's subversive.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure as hell aren't FAN and yet you speak so authoritatively on what our business is. I should assume you are some sort of subversive plotting against us, but the night has been good to me so I'll just assume were you just spewing verbal feces in an attempt to look like you knew something.

FAN should move to Brown. :P

You'd be amazed how much he does that...

Who said I wasn't pleased? I'd be lying through my e-teeth if I claimed disappointment at this. I've just seen this thing over and over: GUARD, NDF, The League, WUT, UjP, etc etc. This is same old same old. They fell, and so too will C&G, Citadel, One Vision, Superfriends, Poseidon, and whoever else is around today. It'll happen, like those that came before them or perhaps in different fashion. But it'll happen. All blocs will fail eventually, it's only a matter of time. And Continuum falling isn't hardly surprising given what's been happening.

So a bloc fell? It happens to them all.

None of which makes it non-newsworthy. If it is no interest to you then skip straight to the comics page. :P

Psh, leaving Q is so last month :P

But seriously, this is indeed a significant event for Bob and hopefully for those alliances who chose to remain. Let us all learn from the mistakes and create a better, more democratic Planet in the future.

Ahhh you jump out of Q a few days before the war starts and now you want us all to learn from our mistakes?

I don't doubt that one bit.

Seems to me that there are several alliances and the former gov of a Q alliance that were a major part of all the things that NPO/Q had done that had Bob so outraged that just slipped on a different colored coat at the last second.

Of course Karma had to have the help of those alliances to make sure the power shift was complete and I'll be surprised if it doesn't come out some day that those alliances were actively plotting this war vs their blocmates long before they left the bloc.

As someone pointed out earlier in this thread. Every bloc will eventually fall apart. May the enemy nukes blot out the sun for the alliances in those blocs as they have for those who honored their commitment to this bloc.

So, should we call him Nozzle from now on?

But seriously, this is indeed a significant event for Bob and hopefully for those alliances who chose to remain. Let us all learn from the mistakes and create a better, more democratic Planet in the future.

This. It's an interesting time to dissolve the block, however.

A democratic planet? As in all alliances having a say in major matters? Yeah, that isn't going to happen. There will always be powerbrokers and by the looks of the post war set up that certainly isn't going to change.

Also, to the people that said The Continuum would never fall: Told you so.

:awesome:

I once said they would stay together to some extent.

I was wrong, and am glad to be proven wrong here.

Good riddance is all I have to say.

The beast has been brought to it's knees and the ghosts of the past demand vengeance for their many crimes against many long past alliances and no telling how many players ran off by oppressive tyrants...o/ Victory o/ Karma

Of course Karma had to have the help of those alliances to make sure the power shift was complete and I'll be surprised if it doesn't come out some day that those alliances were actively plotting this war vs their blocmates long before they left the bloc.

Are you saying Sparta, TOP, and MHA organized this war? Cause that idea made me laugh really hard.

Now you see why I want to troll on him everywhere he posts.

Anyway, Continuum dissolving = meh. And I mean that. At this point, it really doesnt mean anything.

Probably just some PR stunt to hold up as playing possum.

Are you saying Sparta, TOP, and MHA organized this war? Cause that idea made me laugh really hard.

He's saying the probably knew what side they were going to fight on before they left. I think.

He's saying the probably knew what side they were going to fight on before they left. I think.

Well, one might state that their ties to others might show they would work with the other side but as someone from MHA stated, the meeting that did not include MHA and TOP would indeed be a final straw. I know that would make up my mind if I was sitting on the fence.

Probably why they left (aside from TOP who tried very hard to stay out). Generally you leave a side for the other when you intend to join that side.

i wouldnt say they organized it, but they were certainly happy to plunge a knife into the backs of their allies in a bid for power.

I would say it is the other way around. Maybe us leaving did led NPO to act before they lost more support. It is the only reason I can think of why NPO made the decision to declare war at that (strange) time. And maybe 'karma' alliances saw their chance with tC weakened.

I think I can also speak for TOP and Sparta when I say: Never did we want to plunge a knife in the back of our allies or did we want to make a bid for power.

I'm sorry to see the Continuum dissolve. I hoped to see a Continuum2 consisting out of the remaining signatories.

Edited by Il Principe

Probably why they left (aside from TOP who tried very hard to stay out). Generally you leave a side for the other when you intend to join that side.

And then proceed to punish your former allies for the crimes you've helped commit?

If the new form inherits the same policies, tactics and behaviour as the original incarnation, it will suffer the same fate.

Well the distinctions between them are ultimately irrelevant as regardless of them they all end with he same final conclusion, mastery and domination. For example Democracy and Autocracy are equally tyrannical; one simply uses ideological tactics to imprint the ideology of one particular section of the elite onto the populous, thus manipulating the public to serve the ends of that minority while the other dominates them through force. One could in fact argue that democracy is the worst of the two for autocracy grants its victims the awareness of their enslavement, while democracy places its victims in a false state of consciousness, and instead keeps from knowing the true state of their existence. Not that I personally have anything against mastery, the point is whether you repaint the building or not its the same structure. *shrug* If this war set out to retaliate against specific "crimes" it is merely treating symptoms rather than the root cause of the matter.

Edited by iamthey