Announcement from the GGA

NPO had me PZI listed for ten months. They released me and Seerow, among others before the war began, to improve their failing image. They did not do it out of the kindness of their heart, or because they realized what they were doing was wrong. Had they been able to, they would have continued to keep me down. I will not be grateful to them, and neither should Vox feel that way towards GGA. They have nothing to be grateful for.

Indeed, in circumstances like that you can only be grateful for the pressure upon the alliance in question by the people of CN.

And the same applies here as far as I'm concerned. Thanks Karma! :D

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o/ SPAM

Remember when I told you guys I'd get out of your EZI by outliving you?

This is almost as good. *giggles*

Good luck cleaning yourself up. I don't understand why you guys decided to blow up Derek Jones, but you really should go and beg for him back, he's competent enough to make the changes GGA needs to make.

NPO had me PZI listed for ten months. They released me and Seerow, among others before the war began, to improve their failing image. They did not do it out of the kindness of their heart, or because they realized what they were doing was wrong. Had they been able to, they would have continued to keep me down. I will not be grateful to them, and neither should Vox feel that way towards GGA. They have nothing to be grateful for.

You are wise and people should listen to you more.

Edited by Ephriam Grey

Just this once let's let it go... yes, we get it. GGA say a lot of things we mock them for. They've done the right thing here no matter what the reasons were so let's just be classy and let it drop.

/o ES, no matter the situation across the aisle you've always been a classy guy at heart.

I've talked with GGA gov a fair amount, being allied with them, and I think they're genuinely headed in the right direction. Did the war force them to re-evaluate their positions on some things? Probably. But they still re-evaluated their positions, and I think they're interested in going a different way this time round.

Hmm, you've taken an abstract remark I made and applied it incorrectly to the current situation. NPO haven't done anything to help you, they've merely stopped harming you. That might possibly justify forgiveness, but it's a long way to go from "not harming" to "benefactor."

whattya know it took 12 posts before the fail came out.

I think that's a good start for us, usually we can't get past the first. :lol1:

Dang you're right. We must be more careful or people across planet bob will start to like us ^_^

Hmm, you've taken an abstract remark I made and applied it incorrectly to the current situation. NPO haven't done anything to help you, they've merely stopped harming you. That might possibly justify forgiveness, but it's a long way to go from "not harming" to "benefactor."

Man walks up to you and starts punching you in the face, knocks you to the ground, and beats you senseless with a bunch of his buddies while you're down. He stops eventually and expects you to thank him because he stopped. Absolutely ridiculous, as if you owe anyone anything for stopping harm. It is like bragging about being a moral person for never haven stolen anything, or killed an innocent. It is as if we have lowered the standards as to what we expect from people.

As far as I am concerned, GGA is still the same alliance as they always have been. When they were able to abuse without consequences, they did, and did so without any spots on their conscience. Only when they could not get away with it did they reevaluate. How do we know they will not revert back to what they were should they be able to get away with it? Why should we praise them for apologizing with their tail between their legs like a dog after it has been spanked by its master? It is hollow, and it is shallow. While I have no qualms with their receiving of peace, to assume they have changed without having proven the slightest bit is going to far. Give them no quarter on this subject.

Man walks up to you and starts punching you in the face, knocks you to the ground, and beats you senseless with a bunch of his buddies while you're down. He stops eventually and expects you to thank him because he stopped. Absolutely ridiculous, as if you owe anyone anything for stopping harm. It is like bragging about being a moral person for never haven stolen anything, or killed an innocent. It is as if we have lowered the standards as to what we expect from people.

As far as I am concerned, GGA is still the same alliance as they always have been. When they were able to abuse without consequences, they did, and did so without any spots on their conscience. Only when they could not get away with it did they reevaluate. How do we know they will not revert back to what they were should they be able to get away with it? Why should we praise them for apologizing with their tail between their legs like a dog after it has been spanked by its master? It is hollow, and it is shallow. While I have no qualms with their receiving of peace, to assume they have changed without having proven the slightest bit is going to far. Give them no quarter on this subject.

Not to rain on the parade but technically in your story it'd be like. You make fun of a dudes haircut then he beats you, etc. Not that it makes it any better or justifies it in any way, just saying. That being said, I agree to a majority of your points. This would have been meaningful had it not come from fire. But it didn't and that's the way it is. I don't give GGA respect for what they did. I just won't take any away this time.

Not to rain on the parade but technically in your story it'd be like. You make fun of a dudes haircut then he beats you, etc.

No, it is more like I am beaten senseless for defending someone who otherwise could not defend themselves from the NPO, who were attacked for no reason, or for calling out the NPO on its nonsense, attacking people for no reason. Believe me, you need people like me to save you from yourselves. Very few of you have what it takes to stand alone against tyranny.

As for GGA, same alliance. I see them parting from NPO though to search for a new master, however. It is all they know how to do, and they aren't even very good at it I might say.

Still not your biggest fan, this changes nothing except that we aren't at war with eachother.

I'm rather annoyed by everyone pretending they liked us and enjoyed our presence.

AMEN! I knew I could count on you to say it the way it is. Question for you SF101, has VOX upgrade GGA status from a green colony to independent alliance?

As for GGA, same alliance. I see them parting from NPO though to search for a new master, however. It is all they know how to do, and they aren't even very good at it I might say.

We are no one's stooges or slaves. Deal with it.

At least we didn't start the nuclear war. it's karma's fault for spreading it beyond the NPO, as we have a no-nuke-first policy.

See? We can all play the blame game, but where does it get us? Nowhere.

AMEN! I knew I could count on you to say it the way it is. Question for you SF101, has VOX upgrade GGA status from a green colony to independent alliance?

*raises an eyebrow*

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Still not your biggest fan, this changes nothing except that we aren't at war with eachother.

I'm rather annoyed by everyone pretending they liked us and enjoyed our presence.

No one liked you ever :P, schattenmann was funny though, doitzel put up with my random pm's and moridin, well he was moridin. i did enjoy having a long term enemy and i did enjoy the unconventional way that enemy handled itself.

Edit: forgot the smiley makes it look unnecessarily rude. :)

Edited by Degenerate108

We are no one's stooges or slaves. Deal with it.

At least we didn't start the nuclear war. it's karma's fault for spreading it beyond the NPO, as we have a no-nuke-first policy.

See? We can all play the blame game, but where does it get us? Nowhere.

*raises an eyebrow*

What are you talking about that is not even relavent to what that person is saying and plus it was intended that some alliances on Karma first stike nuke.Next how is it Karma's fault for spreading it beyond the NPO if the NPO attacked Karma's allies and they defended them and then NPO's allies came into to play to defend the NPO and last none of the Karma alliances who first stiked has a first nuke policy anyway.So to wrap it all up you are absolutly clueless

What are you talking about that is not even relavent to what that person is saying and plus it was intended that some alliances on Karma first stike nuke. Next how is it Karma's fault for spreading it beyond the NPO if the NPO attacked Karma's allies and they defended them and then NPO's allies came into to play to defend the NPO and last none of the Karma alliances who first stiked has a first nuke policy anyway.So to wrap it all up you are absolutly clueless

Run-on sentences phail...but let's see if I can't address your points. Yes, perhaps the point was out of place, but I still feel it deserves a mention. Yes, the NPO attacked Karma's allies. Yes, they used nukes first. But then Karma spread the nukes around not just to those who were attacking them with nukes, but to those allied with the NPO that nevertheless had a no-nuke-first policy, alliances like ourselves.

We may have our faults, but not being able to discriminate between nuclear attacks and more conventional attacks is not one of them.

Run-on sentences phail...but let's see if I can't address your points. Yes, perhaps the point was out of place, but I still feel it deserves a mention. Yes, the NPO attacked Karma's allies. Yes, they used nukes first. But then Karma spread the nukes around not just to those who were attacking them with nukes, but to those allied with the NPO that nevertheless had a no-nuke-first policy, alliances like ourselves.

We may have our faults, but not being able to discriminate between nuclear attacks and more conventional attacks is not one of them.

nukes are immoral, put this in your sig if you're down