Announcement from the GGA

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not your biggest fan, this changes nothing except that we aren't at war with eachother.

I'm rather annoyed by everyone pretending they liked us and enjoyed our presence.

You can direct your annoyance elsewhere sir, you and yours are still not on my Christmas card list. ;)

here's a dare for ya...go tell that to all the neutrals who were affected by global radiation. Tell it to everyone who unnecessarily lost tech and infra to these weapons. See how popular you are when you say that.

Anyone who did take a nuke this war obviously cared enough about their alliance that they would consider it worth it. If they were on the Karma side, they'd also realize the meaning of a nuclear advantage. There is nothing wrong with using nuclear weapons, it's a silly and antiquated idea to think there is.

Anyone who did take a nuke this war obviously cared enough about their alliance that they would consider it worth it. If they were on the Karma side, they'd also realize the meaning of a nuclear advantage. There is nothing wrong with using nuclear weapons, it's a silly and antiquated idea to think there is.

Nothing wrong, eh? obviously you didn't read my entire post. Consider the neutrals...tell them the effects they're feeling don't matter. They weren't nuked, but they're still feeling it.

Besides, if you're on the Karma side, you should know that you should always strive to be better than you perceive the opponents you're fighting. Which means if they don't use nukes--you shouldn't.

Nothing wrong, eh? obviously you didn't read my entire post. Consider the neutrals...tell them the effects they're feeling don't matter. They weren't nuked, but they're still feeling it.

Besides, if you're on the Karma side, you should know that you should always strive to be better than you perceive the opponents you're fighting. Which means if they don't use nukes--you shouldn't.

The neutrals should consider all that they've turned a blind eye to in their time here before the whine about the GRL.

I guess if the otherside don't use tanks, aircrafts, navy or soldiers either niether should you?

Nukes are part of the game and are there to be used, not look pretty.

Dear TDO, GPA and others: your feelings don't matter.

:P

Seriously, GRL affects everyone equally so (since power is relative) it has no effect on any individual, certainly on the alliance level. Nukes are a weapon of war and a very important strategic one, and anyone who didn't plan for a fully nuclear war is pretty silly. (Incidentally, we didn't first strike, we got hit by an IRON nuke first, not that I think it matters greatly.)

The neutrals should consider all that they've turned a blind eye to in their time here before the whine about the GRL.

Turned a blind eye? perhaps they simply want to be left alone--in peace, and that's why they don't tie themselves to anyone. Actually, I kind of envy them--no obligations to wanyone but themselves.

And what, exactly, are they supposed to have turned a blind eye toward?

I guess if the otherside don't use tanks, aircrafts, navy or soldiers either niether should you?

Nukes are part of the game and are there to be used, not look pretty.

Don't twist my words. That's not nice... :P

Seriously, do I have to explain the difference between those units and the nukes? I shouldn't, as you don;t seem to be a noobie, but I guess I do hace to. Nukes don;t just kill enemy soldiers, tnaks, and other military units. They kill technology, they kill infra...and they kill the economy. That last applies not only to the person attacked, but to everyone equally in the game.

Dear TDO, GPA and others: your feelings don't matter.

:P

I'm sure they're glasd to hear that... :D

Seriously, GRL affects everyone equally so (since power is relative) it has no effect on any individual, certainly on the alliance level. Nukes are a weapon of war and a very important strategic one, and anyone who didn't plan for a fully nuclear war is pretty silly. (Incidentally, we didn't first strike, we got hit by an IRON nuke first, not that I think it matters greatly.)

Which is precisely why they should be used only in moderation, if at all. It affects not just the individual, but the game as a whole.

As for not planning for a nuclear war...when you have a no-nuke-first policy, isn't that a little hypocritical?

GGA didn't hit with the first nuke in OUR part of the conflict--the people fighting us did. (Note I said in OUR part of the conflict, as in, I'm not referring to the rest of the war.)