Announcement from the GGA

Just this once let's let it go... yes, we get it. GGA say a lot of things we mock them for. They've done the right thing here no matter what the reasons were so let's just be classy and let it drop.

If they wanted to do the right thing they would be honest about what is going on here. I would even wager a guess that this was required before any peace talks begin... Or perhaps they realize that when this war is over FAN and Vox will be free regardless of what GGA thinks and so they're trying to save some face by letting them go now. Gosh, I sure hope that nobody is taken in by this.

Ooops too late. Planet Bob is nothing if not naive. Through countless curbstomps it sat by and watched NPO et al stomp smaller groups and then each individual alliance was shocked and outraged when NPO et al came for them.

This will repeat thanks to Karma's unbridled naivety. Hopefully if Karma, in whatever form it takes, is able to again defeat the forces of tyranny and oppression it will be a bit wiser and permanently break that entity.

It isn't fascist, oppressive, or tyrannical to obliterate fascism, oppression, and tyranny.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh please, you as well as I know that they are doing this to suck up to Karma to try and get easier terms.

Congrats FAN and Vox. Its a shame to see that we have to beat this people to the ground before they finally give you what you deserve.

I don't care why they are doing it. The fact is that they are doing it.

GGA proved they were the real deal when they canceled ALGAE and helped VE back. They still have a way to go in some people's eyes, but in mine they just keep building the faith. They have done many things right since Bilrow left. I don't know how the two are connected, I just know that it's true. GGA would be a great place for a new nation on green to start in my opinion.

o/ GGA

This. Grossman you always put it so well.

Congrats to FAN and Vox.

If they wanted to do the right thing they would be honest about what is going on here. I would even wager a guess that this was required before any peace talks begin... Or perhaps they realize that when this war is over FAN and Vox will be free regardless of what GGA thinks and so they're trying to save some face by letting them go now. Gosh, I sure hope that nobody is taken in by this.

Ooops too late. Planet Bob is nothing if not naive. Through countless curbstomps it sat by and watched NPO et al stomp smaller groups and then each individual alliance was shocked and outraged when NPO et al came for them.

This will repeat thanks to Karma's unbridled naivety. Hopefully if Karma, in whatever form it takes, is able to again defeat the forces of tyranny and oppression it will be a bit wiser and permanently break that entity.

It isn't fascist, oppressive, or tyrannical to obliterate fascism, oppression, and tyranny.

History has a funny way of soon forgetting intentions and long remembering actions. Whether the Grand Global Alliance did the right thing as part of peace negotiations with Karma alliances or because they find it wrong to continue hunting people, it doesn't matter because they're still doing the right thing. Whatever the reason, it's an honorable move on the part of the Grand Global Alliance, and I congratulate Vox Populi and the Federation of Armed Nations. Good luck to all three of these alliances!

Furthermore the GGA is releasing all ZI/PZI/EZI people currently on our list. (Don't ask me if you were on the list cause it won't matter now ;)) We will no longer be taking part in EZI practices.

This is definitely a step in the right direction, no matter how long it's taken to make it. Seeing peace made with Vox and FAN isn't unwelcome either.

So because Vox has to play nice because it's an announcement announcing peace for them and understandably they have to play the gracious recipients, the rest of Planet Bob is silent in calling this for what it is.

Good job GGA, but this does nothing to improve your image in my eyes.

History has a funny way of soon forgetting intentions and long remembering actions. Whether the Grand Global Alliance did the right thing as part of peace negotiations with Karma alliances or because they find it wrong to continue hunting people, it doesn't matter because they're still doing the right thing. Whatever the reason, it's an honorable move on the part of the Grand Global Alliance, and I congratulate Vox Populi and the Federation of Armed Nations. Good luck to all three of these alliances!

I disagree. Motives are everything. What does an action mean, however good it may be, if it was only committed out of insincerity? And does the motivation not speak volumes about the character of the perpetrator?

So because Vox has to play nice because it's an announcement announcing peace for them and understandably they have to play the gracious recipients, the rest of Planet Bob is silent in calling this for what it is.

Good job GGA, but this does nothing to improve your image in my eyes.

GGA approached us. We accepted. That's all there is to that. Could GGA have done this for PR? Yeah, possibly. Take it as you will, but I think GGA did the right thing here. (I wonder why? :awesome:)

I disagree. Motives are everything. What does an action mean, however good it may be, if it was only committed out of insincerity? And does the motivation not speak volumes about the character of the perpetrator?

Actions are everything. They are what actually affects other people.

If I see a person working to benefit all of the people I care about, and later on someone tells me that the reason the benefactor was acting in such a way out of a devious scheme of some kind but not kindness, I am still grateful to that person.

And the reverse is true: sometimes the noblest of intentions lead to the most foul deeds.

Give me good results over good intentions anyday.

If I see a person working to benefit all of the people I care about, and later on someone tells me that the reason the benefactor was acting in such a way out of a devious scheme of some kind but not kindness, I am still grateful to that person.

NPO had me PZI listed for ten months. They released me and Seerow, among others before the war began, to improve their failing image. They did not do it out of the kindness of their heart, or because they realized what they were doing was wrong. Had they been able to, they would have continued to keep me down. I will not be grateful to them, and neither should Vox feel that way towards GGA. They have nothing to be grateful for.