Vox Populi Announcement

May I state the Irony of this clause considering the fact I was attacked by Vox Populi like 3 days after I began CN. All I was, an NPO Applicant and I was attacked by someone who's AA is now Vox Populi. Someone who's war reason was 'For Vox'. This nation was clearly stronger then me. (But still in the level for attacking). He attacked without warning and put me in Anarchy.

So how can you stand up against these so called 'bullies' when your actions indicate you are a terrorist organization that tries to lower the applicant to NPO by attacking Applicants? Is there a way you can some how defend this clause in your announcement when your actions prove otherwise? I'm not antagonizing you. I just want to hear your side of the story.

Note: I have not read the whole thread.

You were joining their enemy in the middle of a long war and were thus attacked. It may not seem fair, but really its no different than what would happen if you joined an alliance in the middle of this big war and got attacked. Next time do some research on who is at war with who so you can avoid this sort of thing.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I state the Irony of this clause considering the fact I was attacked by Vox Populi like 3 days after I began CN. All I was, an NPO Applicant and I was attacked by someone who's AA is now Vox Populi. Someone who's war reason was 'For Vox'. This nation was clearly stronger then me. (But still in the level for attacking). He attacked without warning and put me in Anarchy.

So how can you stand up against these so called 'bullies' when your actions indicate you are a terrorist organization that tries to lower the applicant to NPO by attacking Applicants? Is there a way you can some how defend this clause in your announcement when your actions prove otherwise? I'm not antagonizing you. I just want to hear your side of the story.

Note: I have not read the whole thread.

They have destroyed our alliance from over 200 members to less than 30. They have kept us down for no reason at all and we wage an ongoing war with them using whichever tactics are most useful. We deny them applicants by turning them away from the New Pacific Order which promises them peace and prosperity. You are trying to join them and if you do so, as you inevitably will if we leave you alone, you become one more enemy added to their roster. But if we can persuade you through armed struggle of the justice of our cause then we not only save you from a much greater evil, but also deny them a valuable asset.

It is not clean fighting. It is war. And it is as nothing to what they've done to us.

I thank you for the kind words. Nueva Vida has stood for what is right and stood by our mutual friends in the darkest hours. I do not forget.

Coming from you, one of the most intelligent posters around, ill wear this as a badge of pride. As soon as I get my computer back from being reimaged and can get on irc I'll be taking a little more active role on planet bob and in NV again. Definitely looking forward to catching up with old friends (and people I always looked shifty eyed at even though I liked). Hope I run into you on IRC or MSN soon.

This will almost surely come to pass. However, no alliance in the history of CN has wielded the power across the spectrum that NPO has. No matter who takes up the mantle, whether it's a single alliance or a new bloc, they won't have the same political and military pull that Pacifica has always had. If and when this does happen, it will not be as long lived as people think. It takes an obscene amount of effort and dedication to stay on top, as Pacifica and Polaris, as well as many of these Vox guys (being ex-Order themselves) can attest to.

What I'm getting out of this, is that you support NPO just because they are more powerful then you?

I'm sorry, but can you actually read, or did someone tell you to post something witty, and you thought this qualified?

I am honestly disappointed to see you support and fight alongside NPO during this war, old friend.

What's up JB?

I won't say that they've handled things perfectly with recent events - assuming the secondhand information that I've gotten is correct, but NPO has always been there for me and the alliances I was a part of, from day 1. Nobody is perfect, Pacifica included. They were, however, the best support that I ever received in my time in this realm.

Excellent read Doitzel. People would be wise to heed these words and not allow the NPO to regain its position of hegemony. Let us not make the same mistakes we all made in the past.

These words are very true, I gotta say.

As much as I hate to say we should kill an alliance,

We should really, really kill NPO. Keep in mind, Doitzel was on the inside... those closest with Pacifica understand how lethal and effective they can be.

What's up JB?

I won't say that they've handled things perfectly with recent events - assuming the secondhand information that I've gotten is correct, but NPO has always been there for me and the alliances I was a part of, from day 1. Nobody is perfect, Pacifica included. They were, however, the best support that I ever received in my time in this realm.

Not a whole lot, just hanging out in RAD so I can fight in this war. I will say I do appreciate NPO letting me off e-ZI recently, but it did take 8 months to do so, so I don't know how awesome that really is. In the end, NPO hasn't done a whole lot of positive stuff for me.

So, what will become of Vox Populi after Karma finishes killing the bad guys? Will you continue fighting oppression? Will you be corrupted by CN politics? or Will you wither away into obscurity? The only thing that saddens me about the destruction of these scurvey dogs is the possibility of losing you to purposelessnes, Vox.

:(

Edited by Captain Fatbeard

So I came into this thread debating what would happen if I just posted "Way ahead of you there" without reading anything, figuring it could spark a ****storm. Instead, I chose this.

Disappointing, I know.

So, what will become of Vox Populi after Karma finishes killing the bad guys? Will you continue fighting oppression? Will you be corrupted by CN politics? or Will you wither away into obscurity? The only thing that saddens me about the destruction of these scurvey dogs is the possibility of losing you to purposelessnes, Vox.

For irony's sake, Vox should immediately turn against the Karma side and decry them for the state of anarchy they've loosed upon the world, where dog eats dog and only the strong survive. Basically become the eternal rebels against the status quo. :P

Once the NPO is defeated and international anarchy returned, we will disband. Better to quit while you're ahead, after all :)

I don't think there will ever be international anarchy, unless you count the number of individual governments in anarchy. If so, that happens during every major war.

I agree that Vox, having completed its mission of bringing down the NPO, should either disband or change its name and create a new purpose for itself.

I'll give you that one. The distribution of power was definitely making the game more stale than it could have been...

However, with the group that is currently leading Karma, with the possible exception of RoK (Hoo IS still around, right?), the world will not be a kinder/gentler place for very long, if that's what the aim is here.

I really dont get why people keep saying Karma is no better and one tyrant for another. Why is it that so many people think MK is going to be the next NPO, or somehow Karma is going to be this so called superpower. Karma is not even a formal treaty. Many Alliances on the Karma side of things, my own included, are not fighting for "Karma". We are not not fighting because we have some sort of agreement with the alliances that form Karma. We are in this war because of individual treaties and friends, many of which existed before "Karma". I just dont see how Karma is going to take over as the next superpower unless they somehow plan on merging all the participating alliances into a new Karma alliance.

Did I miss something here?

And, as for the claims I have heard that MK is going to be the next NPO, Id like to ask how the heck an alliance that isnt even sanctioned is going to be the next NPO(nothing against MK you guys are awesome, but its true). I just dont see it. Even if harsh terms are handed down to the NPO, IMO that does not mean that Karma has become what it hates, it just means they are punishing an alliance for wrongs that it perceived. The NPO is not on the chopping block for forcing an alliance to pay reps. They are on the chopping block for installing viceroys, forcing disbandment, perpetual war and permaZI policies. Personally I think that if any alliance has ever deserved to pay reps in war, it is the NPO. I dont see a problem with that. I would not be willing to fight a war against an alliance because they forced others to pay doable amounts of reps. But thats just my opinion.

Doitzel, nice read. I look forward to more and always look forward to posts from Vox. You guys really have made this place more interesting. Your propaganda campaign has done loads to sway public opinion, even if some wont admit it.

True enough.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."~ Tommy J.

(that's Thomas Jefferson)

First, every act of a human is part of human behavior, some of it is so ingrained that patterns can ascertained.

Second, you're right, it doesn't matter what I think, or what you think, for that matter, because the those patterns will continue to repeat themselves with or with out us. BUT, and this ties in to my first and your second point, it *does* matter that some one else would have perform the same acts as Vox, because the more we can step back and look at what they did objectively, the more we understand these patterns through study and reflection, the better one can replicate them (or defend against them, depending on where one stands at the time).

I'm not trying to "take any credit away" from Vox. The events set in motion may not have occurred as quickly had there been a less skilled group of people doing it. Or it may happened quicker with a more skilled set of people. I'm simply pointing out that *some* of what happened, what is happening, and what will happen, is inevitable. The fall of NPO will happen as surely as spring follows winter. But, depending on the skill of the players involved, unlike the unchangeable rotation of the seasons, people have a degree of control over the *timing* of these events.

[OOC] Are you saying then that the US is doomed to collapse or be destroyed through an uprising of the people, or a military campaign from other nations?[/OOC]

Edited by KinKiac

Once the NPO is defeated and international anarchy returned, we will disband. Better to quit while you're ahead, after all :)

I'm tempted to join this Vox Populi alliance just to remind you, like Mobius before you, that alliances like yours will always be needed, not for anything like fostering anarchy, but rather for speaking truth to power. Perhaps your great and venerable position in the early days elsewhere has those two slightly confused? :wub:

Every member of my cabinet is opposed to this decision (as usual), but I have just signed an executive order requesting alliance membership in Vox Populi, with the stipulation that I also be allowed to join a second or even third alliance (pending their permission) that also appears to represent our national interests. Frankly, I wish there were a way to simultaneously be affiliated with the NSO, Vox and FAN... but FAN still makes me nervous. :jihad:

It'll take the Brackwaters Congress at least a month to overturn this order, assuming this is a good fit and is allowed. B)

I'm tempted to join this Vox Populi alliance just to remind you, like Mobius before you, that alliances like yours will always be needed, not for anything like fostering anarchy, but rather for speaking truth to power. Perhaps your great and venerable position in the early days elsewhere has those two slightly confused? :wub:

Every member of my cabinet is opposed to this decision (as usual), but I have just signed an executive order requesting alliance membership in Vox Populi, with the stipulation that I also be allowed to join a second or even third alliance (pending their permission) that also appears to represent our national interests. Frankly, I wish there were a way to simultaneously be affiliated with the NSO, Vox and FAN... but FAN still makes me nervous. :jihad:

It'll take the Brackwaters Congress at least a month to overturn this order, assuming this is a good fit and is allowed. B)

Vox seems to have done their thing. The amount of free speech and truth being told in public has risen exponentially. One doesnt have to be in Vox to push for such, its just that those guys may not Have to be in Vox soon. I dont blame them for wanting to move on.

Vox seems to have done their thing. The amount of free speech and truth being told in public has risen exponentially. One doesnt have to be in Vox to push for such, its just that those guys may not Have to be in Vox soon. I dont blame them for wanting to move on.

Perhaps you are right. Even so, only time will tell, with Vox, as well as other alliances and nations fighting on the side of Karma, and even those persuaded by her logic.

My personal decision, as it has been for my nation from the very beginning of my presidency, is about being affiliated with an alliance or alliances that stand for and fight wars of good ( so subjective I know) principles, and not just wars for the sake of war.

There also is an old saying about familiarity breeding complacency (perhaps worse than contempt, which can invigorate), and who knows how far that sits in the road ahead for any alliance, let alone Vox, those in Karma or those allied to the so-called Hegemons.

I have never had any issue with saying goodbye early to an alliance when I see my nation's interests might stray from an alliance's, so perhaps I may have to return to unaligned yet again. :popcorn:

Edited by General Specific

For nine months now, Vox Populi has been at the forefront of a movement of social change that has swept the face of the planet.

I stopped reading here. I'd like to think if NPO were defeated you guys would disappear but I fear your sickening self-congratulation and smugness would only get worse.

A Repeated and persistent effort to keep Karma united and channel the hatred towards NPO. Interesting.

;) ;)

Any point not made in jest is not made more credible by the addition of wink.gif. Doubly so with two winks!

also wat